Arkangel786

Just bought my first rep!!

Arkangel786

Hi all,

I've just bit the bullet and bought my first rep. I'll be honest and say I did as much reading/research as I could but sheer amount of variations out there had my head spinning!! The forum helped immensely though.

The watch I eventually settled on is an ARF Submariner 116610LN SS/SS Black A-2824 904L from Mary.

http://www.marywatch.net/mobile/goods.php?id=1311

So far comms from Mary have been prompt and I've had the QC pics sent over - all I've gotta do now is wait.

Any thoughts on my choice?

Edited by Arkangel786
Spelling correction

Glaude

Hi and welcome !

You made a sensible choice, you picked a reliable movement, as long as you don't dive into the brainless war between the different sub models and their minions, you'll be good ! 

Enjoy it when it arrives and don't forget to post pics :) 

BadPickle

Good choice :thumbsup:

Arkangel786

Thanks guys, it was a really difficult choice to make. I almost didn't buy it as I was initially thinking about buying a Regmariner.

Any do's or don'ts / suggestions for when it arrives??

I'll definitely post the pictures as soon as I get it.

Thommo82

Can’t go wrong there mate!

Mary is possibly my favourite dealer, she has gone above and beyond for me. 

Welcome to the forum

GingerApple

Awesome watch, great first rep. Consider giving the bracelet a baby oil bath to get that as Gen like as possible, perhaps also check the bracelet screws are properly tightened (after you've sized it). Other than that, just enjoy it! If it turns up with a fault (it happens), get it to Rolie/someone and he'll sort you out. Then post pics because :ttiwwop:

GenTLe

Any do's or don'ts / suggestions for when it arrives??

Don't change the date with the crown when the watch is between 9pm and 3am, don't set the time going backwards (10 mins are fine, 12 hours not) but always putting it forward.

McGilli

Enjoy this everyone - very rare and elusive around here! Soak it in while you can!

2 hours ago, Arkangel786 said:

I'll be honest and say I did as much reading/research as I could

Good work Op. Glad you found the watch you wanted - on your own. And Mary is awesome as you are experiencing.

Just make sure you click on one of my Sub review links in my signature below - and use it as a template for your review. Everyone here totally loves my reviews and won't accept anything less from new members... (I suggest the VRF Sub MAX review)

Enjoy!

EBB

congratulations on your watch, hope it turns out ok without any issues :)

Glaude
2 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Can’t go wrong there mate!

Mary is possibly my favourite dealer, she has gone above and beyond for me. 

Welcome to the forum

#1 it seems ! 

It's been a long, long time since we got one of those !

2 hours ago, Gingerbubba said:

perhaps also check the bracelet screws are properly tightened (after you've sized it)

And if they're not, consider using some light thread locker on them (every major glue brand has one)

25 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Everyone here totally loves my reviews and won't accept anything less from new members

I'll be the first to give you a warning that should have been given to you right from the start, perhaps even in the welcoming PM : be aware of the nutters around... :D 

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, Arkangel786 said:

The watch I eventually settled on is an ARF Submariner 116610LN SS/SS Black A-2824 904L from Mary.

Great choice for your first rep ... great choice on your TD :thumbsup:

tenor.gif?itemid=8506967

Arkangel786

Wow! Didn't expect so many replies - thanks guys.

To do list:

Pics

Baby oil bath

Tighten screws

Luxuracer
38 minutes ago, Arkangel786 said:

Wow! Didn't expect so many replies - thanks guys.

To do list:

Pics

Baby oil bath

Tighten screws

Get a decent quality set of watch screwdrivers (or at least one good one), so you can resize you bracelet without damaging the link screws.

Best of luck

Arkangel786
5 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Get a decent quality set of watch screwdrivers (or at least one good one), so you can resize you bracelet without damaging the link screws.

Best of luck

Will do, thanks bud.  Will any decent ones off eBay do the job?

deju

You won’t be disappointed with anything from ARF! 

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, Arkangel786 said:

Will do, thanks bud.  Will any decent ones off eBay do the job?

I'd recommend something from here: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/screwdrivers-individual

These ones should do:  https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/af-swiss-stainless-steel-18978a

Maybe a .80mm and a 1.00mm. Perhaps a 1.20mm too? Anyone know the size for ARF of the top of their head?

Ryguy589
On 6/19/2018 at 15:52, McGilli said:

Enjoy this everyone - very rare and elusive around here! Soak it in while you can!

Good work Op. Glad you found the watch you wanted - on your own. And Mary is awesome as you are experiencing.

Just make sure you click on one of my Sub review links in my signature below - and use it as a template for your review. Everyone here totally loves my reviews and won't accept anything less from new members... (I suggest the VRF Sub MAX review)

Enjoy!

Your signature doesn't show up on mobile. Have a link?

Glaude
1 hour ago, Ryguy589 said:

Your signature doesn't show up on mobile. Have a link?

Arkangel786

Hi all,

Watch arrived this afternoon - 6 days after posting!! That is quick. Initial impressions are that it looks stunning - I don't have a reference watch to compare it though to as it's my first ever rep. I've given the bracelet a clean and it's currently soaking in a baby oil bath so the review will follow in a few days.

I've  taken some pics and I'll post them below 

Arkangel786

Err.....bit embarrassing, but how do I post pics?? I can only see the 'insert other media 'option.

BadApple

use postimages.org 

Howitzer

Or imgbb.com - I switched to this site when postimage.org was down and actually prefer it now, particularly as it's just a case of copying and then pasting the "BBCode full linked" code (or your image size of choice) into your posts. Plus you can add multiple images at once really easily (which is perfect for sales posts). Then hit the preview button to check how it looks before posting. 

Doddles. 

slashdotcom

can't wait to see it

Arkangel786

20180626_163435.jpg
20180626_162319.jpg
20180626_162317.jpg
20180626_162310.jpg
20180626_162233.jpg
20180626_162220.jpg
20180626_162213.jpg
20180626_162206.jpg
20180626_162107.jpg
20180626_162100.jpg
20180626_162054.jpg
20180626_162040.jpg
20180626_162013.jpg
20180626_162010.jpg
20180626_161851.jpg
20180626_161838.jpg
20180626_161831.jpg
20180626_161818.jpg
20180626_161734.jpg
20180626_161718.jpg
20180626_161554.jpg

Edited by Arkangel786

Arkangel786
27 minutes ago, Howitzer23 said:

Or imgbb.com - I switched to this site when postimage.org was down and actually prefer it now, particularly as it's just a case of copying and then pasting the "BBCode full linked" code (or your image size of choice) into your posts. Plus you can add multiple images at once really easily (which is perfect for sales posts). Then hit the preview button to check how it looks before posting. 

Doddles. 

Thanks bud