Arkangel786

Just bought my first rep!!

Howitzer
Thanks bud

No bother, and the watch looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple

The excitement of the first rep!! Then you have to spend 6 hours getting the plastic stickers off....

Looks a good'un though mate, enjoy it!

Bigballs8

Very nice ..are  you going to mod it or leave it alone ?

Arkangel786
2 hours ago, Bigballs8 said:

Very nice ..are  you going to mod it or leave it alone ?

I'll probably leave it alone. I'm already planning my next rep - a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II. It won't be for a while, but that's what's next....... hopefully.

Arkangel786

Also, not sure if this is allowed, but I'd like to acknowledge the brilliant service Mary provided. Great comms. 8 days from initial enquiry to delivery. Tracking number provided promptly upon request and QC pics also sent via email before despatch.

pstar_1980

Welcome aboard! Great Choice! Roll on the Rollie! Enjoy!!

GenTLe
Also, not sure if this is allowed, but I'd like to acknowledge the brilliant service Mary provided. Great comms. 8 days from initial enquiry to delivery. Tracking number provided promptly upon request and QC pics also sent via email before despatch.
Of course it is allowed, each TD has a feedback section just for these comments :)

Arkangel786

Update: I managed to get my hands on my brothers gen sub and compared my rep with it.

There's honesty very little difference between the two apart from two things - the weight and the crown.

The weight on the gen is 166g whereas the weight on the rep is 144 (after I've removed two links from the bracelet).

The crown on the rep doesn't screw in all the way and there is maybe a 1.5mm gap left. The crown on the gen screws in much tighter and there is not much (if any) of a visible gap. The winding is also much much smother on the gen than the rep.

Pics to follow this afternoon.

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, Arkangel786 said:

The crown on the rep doesn't screw in all the way and there is maybe a 1.5mm gap left. The crown on the gen screws in much tighter and there is not much (if any) of a visible gap.

Apparently this is often a 'thing' on Gen Rolex too:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=433629

Luxuracer
41 minutes ago, Arkangel786 said:

The crown on the rep doesn't screw in all the way and there is maybe a 1.5mm gap left.

It's normal to have a very small gap (less than 0.5mm). If you have a big gap most of the time it meant the stem is too long. It can be trimmed down so the crown could be screwing closer to the case. 

Arkangel786
3 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

It's normal to have a very small gap (less than 0.5mm). If you have a big gap most of the time it meant the stem is too long. It can be trimmed down so the crown could be screwing closer to the case. 

Is this something that's easy to do, or would you leave it to someone with experience to do?

Another difference I noticed was the line - on the gen it was a lot brighter and lasted a lot longer than the rep.

Arkangel786

20180706_173832.jpg
20180706_173823.jpg
20180706_173802.jpg

Buglicker

There’s the weight difference - your brother’s is 1/2 gold. ;)

Trimming the stem is a few levels up on the difficulty scale, and the consequences of messing it up could be pretty severe.

Nice watch btw, if I hadn’t have got such a killer deal on a V7 I would of have got an ARF.

paccbet

yJSTcup.jpg

raIbVo1.jpg

BK's solution but....... wm9s are rare these days. 

GingerApple

I don't get the obsession. There are a million similar threads on Rolex forums with people asking the same thing about their GEN sub c. And the old heads on those Gen forums always say the same thing - it's totally normal to have a gap. Then they post photos of their own Gen sub c with exactly the same 'problem' (which isn't actually a problem). Such as the photo below of a Gen that is considered PERFECTLY NORMAL:

8KyfriT.jpg

That is basically the same as the photo BK claims is a fault. So basically you guys are complaining about a feature that replicates the Gen perfectly - and yet it's an issue for you!!?!

I JUST DON'T GET IT

I've fucking had enough of you all. I quit.

:crybaby:

Glaude
27 minutes ago, SnotBubble said:

I don't get the obsession. There are a million similar threads on Rolex forums with people asking the same thing about their GEN sub c. And the old heads on those Gen forums always say the same thing - it's totally normal to have a gap. Then they post photos of their own Gen sub c with exactly the same 'problem' (which isn't actually a problem). Such as the photo below of a Gen that is considered PERFECTLY NORMAL:

That is basically the same as the photo BK claims is a fault. So basically you guys are complaining about a feature that replicates the Gen perfectly - and yet it's an issue for you!!?!

I JUST DON'T GET IT

Same when the good old rep manufacture misaligned the rehault on purpose to match the whole lot of GMT (even the most recent one) with that "issue".... they want 1:1 but whine when they got it.... :lol: 

GingerApple
29 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Same when the good old rep manufacture misaligned the rehault on purpose to match the whole lot of GMT (even the most recent one) with that "issue".... they want 1:1 but whine when they got it.... :lol: 

Thank you! Someone who gets it.

By the way, have you seen my dummy anywhere? I spat it out not so long ago and can't seem to find it....

Buglicker

This is the level the game is at now, I’m happy!

I bought my first reps in the late 80’s, working at a dodgy 2nd hand car dealers that could have shown Arthur Daley a few tricks. The majority then were tick-rock quartz - my absolute best one was a hand wind ‘american psycho’ datejust with a sweep second hand. Also had a few day-dates, some smattered with diamonds.... I was 16...

Anyway, fast forward 30 years (I’m a long way from 16 now), didn’t realise reps were still around until I stumbled across next door, and then here. They are amazing now! 99.9% of the general public wouldn’t be able to call out a Reg or above. Don’t worry about these minute ‘tells’ that only someone with OCD and a microscope could find.

Enjoy, and be prepared to buy a bigger watch box ;)

Glaude
28 minutes ago, SnotBubble said:

Thank you! Someone who gets it.

By the way, have you seen my dummy anywhere? I spat it out not so long ago and can't seem to find it....

Kool aid ? 

paccbet
1 hour ago, SnotBubble said:

8KyfriT.jpg

I JUST DON'T GET IT

Not I! Just showing the lads since they are on the topic, could care less about subs or miniscule flaws..

Glaude
28 minutes ago, paccbet said:

Not I! Just showing the lads since they are on the topic, could care less about subs or miniscule flaws..

Don't know about the fuckweasel, but that I didn't doubt from you ! 

Fortunately, most of us don't really care ! That's why we are the fuckers ! 

Kool-Aid
Kool aid ? 
Helloooo

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

J!m

I just take the crown and tube replacement as part of the game. 

703 tubes and 704 crowns are plentiful on our favorite auction site. Budget a couple hundred in your budget if it bothers you. 

It bothers me, but more the feel and sealing than the gap. I also check everything else so I don’t swamp a movement. 

MIND THE GAP!

all my reps (and gens) have gen crowns. 

SRG89

Great watch! Enjoy :Applause:

soundefx

You can't go wrong with a Sub!