Pseudorep

Panerai PAM1351 ZF

Pseudorep

This is my first foray into the PAM world, and after trying on this PAM in an AD I was hooked. I decided to get the rep of it.

First impressions of the rep - the case is very nicely finished. The dial isn't accurate (rep is a light tropical brown & the lume is sandy, gen is a dark black and lume is beige), but that doesn't detract from the piece. It just has a different characteristic.

The strap is (as always) very stiff and feels like crap, but I don't think it's too bad quality so will give it a bit of a bending and see how it wears in.

Lume is powerful and long lasting.

Overall a 7.5/10 rep.

Pictures:

DSC_5170.jpgDSC_5167.jpgDSC_5191.jpg

Gen shot for comparison:

IMG_0994.jpg

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Pseudorep said:

The dial isn't accurate (rep is a light tropical brown & the lume is sandy, gen is a dark black and lume is beige), but that doesn't detract from the piece. It just has a different characteristic.

It looks 'identical' to the gen ... BUT ... all PAM looks the same to me anyway.

Congrats on your new watch ... Wear it in good health.

Glaude

Another very nice piece well captured !

pstar_1980

:thumbsup:

VMSG
2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

It looks 'identical' to the gen ... BUT ... all PAM looks the same to me anyway.

LOL

Jeromebr

I would be interested if you can post some daylight picts :)

I like this 1351, and there is very few info on rep boards.

Pseudorep
On 22/06/2018 at 05:55, Jeromebr said:
I would be interested if you can post some daylight picts
I like this 1351, and there is very few info on rep boards.

4_F05_E89_B-4_AD4-47_D5-94_CF-_EC395_FC5

It’s winter but to give you northern hemisphere people some summer context here’s it at the beach. 

Edited by Pseudorep

mysterio
On 6/21/2018 at 21:32, Luxuracer said:

Congrats on your new watch ... Wear it in good health.

Don't mind Luxu. He was dropped on his crown as a child, hence he hates watches with crown protectors with a passion. :lol:

Where did you get it @Pseudorep?

TheChachi

Me likey!  My PAM386 is on the way.  One thing I have noticed is the hands like you pointed out.  They should have a darker patina'd look to them but everyone I have seen has a beige hands.

Pseudorep
Don't mind Luxu. He was dropped on his crown as a child, hence he hates watches with crown protectors with a passion. :lol:
Where did you get it [mention=96080]Pseudorep[/mention]?

I do agree though, most PAMs look alike which is why I picked the one Pam that had what I wanted - titanium 1950s case and blue seconds hand.

I got it from MrTimeZone, but it took a fair while to arrive (the speedmaster I ordered alongside took nearly 6weeks to arrive).
Me likey!  My PAM386 is on the way.  One thing I have noticed is the hands like you pointed out.  They should have a darker patina'd look to them but everyone I have seen has a beige hands.

The colours of the rep are a bit off - but then again it doesn’t matter too much since I think it doesn’t look bad it just looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeromebr
On 23/06/2018 at 04:04, Pseudorep said:

4_F05_E89_B-4_AD4-47_D5-94_CF-_EC395_FC5

It’s winter but to give you northern hemisphere people some summer context here’s it at the beach. 

Thanks for the picts :)

It doesnt look so far from the dark gen dial you posted imho. 

Pseudorep
1 hour ago, Jeromebr said:

Thanks for the picts :)

It doesnt look so far from the dark gen dial you posted imho. 

On using it for a while I believe the dial colour is in fact correct, and I was mislead by the gen’s colours by seeing it in a dark environment with the lume slightly charged.