Sgang

Just bought IWC Big Pilot 5009-01 ZF what I have to know?

Sgang
If it works don't touch it.
Nato on a big pilot? Naaa... Nato looks fine with smaller / thinner watches (at least in my view). For a strap you have plenty of options: from the cheap ones: https://ziczacleather.com to our strapmakers here in their section (https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/187-trusted-dealers-straps-amp-accessories/) to others that proved to be good like this guy (my favorite): http://orloff-straps.blogspot.com/p/crocodile-straps-available.html or this guy here: https://www.flickr.com/people/124068590@N04/
Beware: wait the watch to arrive, check the size of the strap and compare how it fits on your wrist so that you can get one of the right size and don't run to get a strap that can be too short or long or even the wrong lug/buckle size.

Wow a lot of useful informations! thanks !
Yes I will wait for my watch to arrive and then I will decide what to buy. I like the bp top gun style so I was looking for a strap for my 5009 like that one but again I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for... I’m not a big fan of alligator straps, but some of them I admit are very very classy

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sgang
Communication is difficult, organization is messy, 1 month minimum to have your strap, sometimes quality not perfect... For my AP straps I went with Orloff (Mario, he's Italian), for easier straps with them...
But consider that I provide them with full detail drafts like this:
43114877771_dddd65d2c4_o.jpg

My BP just arrived! Very satisfied with the watch, way more less by the straps. I think it’s the first tell about the rep nature. The seem rubber more than leather, and I think it’s very uncomfortable. So I need to buy a new strap!

I think I will go with orloff but recently came to my attention a watchacc that seems to have a very good quality products. I received a quotation of 179$ but I don’t think I will spend that money, max 100$

Here some pictures 0a94e34ea35057939e0c86ee0ce45f69.jpg
10686136a951d2a9439fbe5d511a35b7.jpgde485b9fc506d1cb7454d4937e825aa1.jpg

What you think?

GenTLe

My last one has been from AP bands ) during the sale period as I would NEVER spend more than 100$ on a strap...:
daed74fe56d56a84366aeefe3e03b9ae.jpg48e21a442668a97549d13503e954a56e.jpg

Sgang

Wow! What a great watch! Reference?

I will check from them.

Do you suggest to go with a dark brown or stay with black?

black263

You asked many sensible questions.  They've all been asked before, and will probably be asked again.  Have a read through some of the links below for the answers.

Sgang

Yes, everyone here was so kind to reply to me. I found very precious infos in this thread for this particular IWC model, and I think could be useful to many.

I will at the same time spread the info everywhere I can or where some one are needing them, in the full spirit of collaboration that should move this wonderful forum.

GenTLe
Wow! What a great watch! Reference?

I will check from them.

Do you suggest to go with a dark brown or stay with black?

Look for Markus Buhler Big Pilot :)
Brown or black depends on your taste: I already have a BP with grey dial and black strap so for this one I chose a brown one :)

Sgang
Look for Markus Buhler Big Pilot smile.png
Brown or black depends on your taste: I already have a BP with grey dial and black strap so for this one I chose a brown one smile.png

Wow! Just read about the watch on a iwc forum!

What a great watch and what a great design!