Pentax

Where can I find the Best IWC 3717?

Pentax

Looking for the best Rep Version IWC 3717

how close is it to the Gen ?

Balad1
Looking for the best Rep Version IWC 3717

how close is it to the Gen ?

Posting a good photo might help; some of us are familiar with what they look like and prices but not IWC model number.

Pentax

Balad thanks mate I think though that it would be faster to Google it :-)

Pentax

I see there is a modder named concepta over at RWG he builds super frankens or so does anybody know about he's work from the pictures he's pc's look stunning

Silverspeed

Not sure if they still make these....but as I recall the last was also the better version

something about the dial and hour markers being closer to gen.

I had 2 of 'em...very nice reps well made bracelet. But as with most IWC's they had the typical

blue AR

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_1641kopie.jpg

Silverspeed

Yes I know him.....apparently he has a source for gen IWC parts

tbh I'd have to look twice to see the difference between a rep dial 3717 and a gen

.....he does however makes beautiful Portuguese's.....but they will cost a bit

Pentax

silver thanks for the Info mate :spank:

meaning that he is a trusted source right ?

wat44

balad - everyone knows wat a 3717 is (or you should)

pentax, concepta makes the frankens - approx $1000

all the reps are the same version to my knowledge - search my name "wat is the difference"

Pentax
balad - everyone knows wat a 3717 is (or you should)

pentax, concepta makes the frankens - approx $1000

all the reps are the same version to my knowledge - search my name "wat is the difference"

Thanks Wat

Concepta answered my PM he can make me a genestein meaning a watch made complete out of gen parts for 1450 euro

Silverspeed

For €1450 I would not buy a franken rep 3717. Add another €1000 and you will be able to buy

a 1 year old gen

Pentax
For €1450 I would not buy a franken rep 3717. Add another €1000 and you will be able to buy

a 1 year old gen

Silver its a genestein

Meaning completely all parts are Gen

wat44

second hand:

here

Silverspeed

a 1 year old gen

Silver its a genestein

Whatever he calls it...it's not a gen

Pentax

I kind of think its an ok price

if you consider all is gen parts including the movement

you save a 1000 bucks

snoopy_

I too am interested in this watch, and I have come across some comparisons of reps vs gens... can't remember where though. Here is a link to one that speaks to the differences of one that used gen parts.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=10599

I have not bought one watch yet, the 3717 will be my second choice... as I am infatuated with a Rolex GMT Master II with a pepsi bezel. :notworthy:

If you find one that you like, please re-post your thoughts and why you are choosing that one. I was planning on buying this one from Mary, as I hear a lot of good things about her as a seller.

Good luck

Snoopy_

greg_r

a 1 year old gen

Silver its a genestein

True, but whatever you want to call it, it's still a rep and will never be a gen. Frankly, I'm with Silver - spend a little more and buy the gen used.

Pentax

a 1 year old gen

Silver its a genestein

True, but whatever you want to call it, it's still a rep and will never be a gen. Frankly, I'm with Silver - spend a little more and buy the gen used.

The question is Greg if you take it to the AD can they know its put together from Parts? As speaking with concepta he claims that you can even get it appraised or so , I dont know how true this is though.

If all this is True the watch is worth the buy :( and resale Value is Good meaning that you will not loose your money there are tons of Members looking for concepta Watches

greg_r

IWC will most certainly be able to confirm that they did not build the watch. You won't have papers either. Sorry, but it's still a rep.

I just don't see the point in spending this kind of money on a franken when the real thing is available for not that much more. :(

Rav747

Amen!

Pentax

I get every ones Point

But I hope that some people can understand my point

To me its a Hobby To Buy the Gen is Easy you go in the AD buy the Gen and Basta! that is so boring!

I look at it more as a pursuit to be able to do something as close as Gen possible, There are Reps out there that are considered Top Reps , I feel Quiet Good when i have a Top Rep.

And I am sure there are other Members here that feel the same

I don't have any issues with buying the Gens as I easily can buy them. If you see the Money that I have spilled on Reps you should be able to get my point.

If I wanted Gens I would not be on this Forum :(

greg_r

Hey, it's your dough. We already knew you were nuts anyhow (in a good way, of course... :( )

Pentax

I love you All!! even Baldric!

texski

Pentax,

I am struggling with a similar dilemma, Genstein vs Franken. How far do I go. I have all the parts available to me, but is that really what I want? In the States, if a car has been totaled, it is given a "Salvage Title'. It is to let everybody know that it is for parts only. Some people will buy salvaged cars and create a new one. They go to the DMV and get an exemption. It does however, carry that Salvage Title. You cannot take these cars to the dealer for warranty work no matter how many miles or how new. And some shops will not work on them.

A genstein seems to have a Salvaged Title to me. It has no benefits of a gen, it's just as authentic as it can be, but not a gen. Concpeta was wrong for ever suggesting that you could take this watch in to an AD and get it authenticated. It was your post, I hope that you read that post carefully. Anyone that does this deserves to have their watch confiscated! When the parts with serial #'s leave the factory, they are tracked and labeled as replacements. When the AD looks at the serial #, he will know.

The way I see it, if I can let someone handle my watch, and they can see the difference between a gen case and a rep case, they deserve all the praise. To me, the REP CHALLENGE is to see how close I can get to the Gen. Using all gen parts, any monkey can do that. But if I work the rep case back to get it to look like gen, then I am getting to where I want to be.

Right now I am leaning towards a rep case and bracelet, and gen face, handset, day date wheels, and an uber swiss 7750 (this guy trains the chronograph technicians). I could have a gen rotor, but am not sure why I would want it. This is everything that I want in this watch (3717.02 - white spitfire chrono). I will build it for me, to my specifications. I consider this to be extremely customized, not something assembled from replacement parts. With all the Salvagegens being sold, I am not sure I want to be a part of that club . . . Gen Jr's maybe?

To me, it is much more satisfying to compare MY watch to a Gen and say, "I save another $800 over a Salvagegen."

graman

Not too expensive if you want standard......Nice watch....

If you want full on, got to concepta.....good value..