GC

Updated :Sharkey LJM 62mas w Seiko NH35 movt...

GC

Anyone have any experience or handled one of these in person? 

9_F9_D19_C7-8_F42-4_F32-9986-04_FECC9_FF

1_EB8_A2_CF-_BF61-4286-9240-23_F8_A712_D

FB2_C166_F-_C5_A1-4_DD6-_A17_B-9_F562_E2

8_A5_C7_D55-_D306-4069-_BDB8-414_F645_A3

Edited by GC
Added pics

omegex

Apparently nothing wrong with the NH35 which, apparently, is an unbranded version of the 4R35.

Have a read of this and see what you think http://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh35a/

Wriggles

I may be wrong but i have a vague recollection of maybe @KarmaToBurn having purchased one. Ive been waiting for the Merkur release but it seems to have stalled, and also the design seems to have changed a little since i last checked. 

dfq23

I believe there are two versions. One with metal bezel and one with ceramic. Lot of sellers now say they can only get the metal now unfortunately.

There is a seller on ebay that does them for $219 who according to someone at WUS sent a ceramic one recently. I did message him this week to ask but he hasn't replied

Edited by dfq23

GC

IMO, this is the watch Seiko should have released at a reasonable price $400-500 as a reissue of the 62mas instead of the $3500 SLA017. 

So I just bought one... from the eBay seller selling for $219 shipped. 

KarmaToBurn
22 hours ago, Wriggles said:

I may be wrong but i have a vague recollection of maybe @KarmaToBurn having purchased one. Ive been waiting for the Merkur release but it seems to have stalled, and also the design seems to have changed a little since i last checked. 

Yup. I have one and think it's great. I'm out right now but I'll post some info and impressions when I get home later.

dfq23
20 hours ago, GC said:

IMO, this is the watch Seiko should have released at a reasonable price $400-500 as a reissue of the 62mas instead of the $3500 SLA017. 

1 hour ago, KarmaToBurn said:

Yup. I have one and think it's great. I'm out right now but I'll post some info and impressions when I get home later.

Will be interested to see both your opinions as tempted by this

GC
6 hours ago, KarmaToBurn said:

Great, I look forward to it. 

KarmaToBurn
7 hours ago, dfq23 said:

Will be interested to see both your opinions as tempted by this

6 hours ago, GC said:

Great, I look forward to it. 

I purchased the watch when it was first released through http://www.heimdallrwatches.com who are the manufacturers of the Sharkey brand watches. So far I've had no issues with the one I received and I personally think it looks great. It's well built, has a good size and some fairly strong lume that I can read all night. The rubber strap is also quite soft, comfortable and unscented (not a lint magnet either). The whole package arrived in less than a week after ordering and you get the watch, a warranty card and a small plastic box. I currently have over 50 watches and this one manages to get worn fairly regularly and I have no plans to sell it in the future. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I recently lost my phone and all the pictures on it but here are a few pics from when I first received the watch... 

IMG_20180320_172006-01.jpg

IMG_20180320_173019-01.jpg

Also, if you're interested in Seiko homages  highly recommend the Uroborus MM300. I purchased it through a Taobao shipping agent for around $200 and it is soooo nice. 

Uroborus_MM300-2.jpg

wolfwood
On 30/06/2018 at 14:37, GC said:

Hi, care to share the link?  I can't find that eBay seller.  Thanks.

Xpletiv

Holy wow, that caseback is amazing! 

Must leave quite the impression....

dfq23
21 minutes ago, Genius said:

That looks really nice, $189 seems insanely cheap, showing as out of stock in ceramic bezel 2 month wait otherwise would have been difficult not to order right now!

http://www.heimdallrwatches.com/gen2/watchesshop/goods.php?id=41

The name of the most recent buyer listed on that link looks very familiar....

Foxindebox

That’s really nice, I’m very tempted to take the plunge on one of these.

KarmaToBurn
1 hour ago, Genius said:

That looks really nice, $189 seems insanely cheap, showing as out of stock in ceramic bezel 2 month wait otherwise would have been difficult not to order right now!

http://www.heimdallrwatches.com/gen2/watchesshop/goods.php?id=41

The ceramic bezel looks great when it's clean but I can be a bit of a smudge magnet. The price is why I ordered from this specific site but I think sipping was another $25 for FedEx or DHL (I requested EMS to reduce my chances of getting hit with taxes/duties and they had no problem with the change). 

Another purchase option could be to wait for another Ebay 20% off coupon and to order through there for a similar price. The coupons seem to come around fairly often now.

RepGuy

I figured this is worth a shot for some of you in CONUS. A member on WUS is selling new models on a strap, and bracelet for $150 (strap) and $170 (bracelet + strap).

His last bump was from 6/25, so he probably has some left to purchase. 

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-haimdallr-sharkey-6105-homage-200m-%24150-shipped-4685795.html#/topics/4685795

GC
On 02/07/2018 at 04:21, dfq23 said:

The name of the most recent buyer listed on that link looks very familiar....

;) 

cvp3

I'm a huge fan of the sharkey watches. I currently have:

Black turtle

Brushed turtle 

Black Tuna 

Brushed Tuna

SBDX001 homage

For the 62MAS homage I went with Fifty Four. Nice watch at 39mm it's an easy wear. Great detail on this one, also came with a green rubber diver strap but honestly I'm on a nato strap kick lately so it'll get swapped. 

IMG_8359.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg

Wriggles

For anyone interested, since this is developing into a bit of a Seiko Homage thread, the Merkur seller on ebay has launched their Tuna homage with ceramic bezel for 169usd for the first 100 orders

KarmaToBurn
2 hours ago, Wriggles said:

For anyone interested, since this is developing into a bit of a Seiko Homage thread, the Merkur seller on ebay has launched their Tuna homage with ceramic bezel for 169usd for the first 100 orders

I saw that too. I was considering the darth tuna homage earlier today but I already have the SS Sharkey version and probably don't need two Tuna cans.