hanski

1675 Ruby’s Watch Dial Relume

hanski

For 1675 GMT project I’m currently working on I ordered a dial from Ruby’s Watch. It is a thing of beauty, head and shoulders above the default dials on a Cartel. The lume is tight and crisp...

dwPA1wp.jpg

Buuut unfortunately it doesn’t glow. While it might not be period correct, I really want my lume to glow when I’m using the watch. 

So off came that lume and on went my lume. While it’s not as perfect as what was delivered to me, I’m pleased with the slight pillowing, color, and consistency - most especially that it glows. 

I’ll say, on this dial the binder reacted to the dial marker paint - wanted to melt it right off. Made reluming a bit more difficult. 

Anyways, here’s some pics of my results. 

Thanks for looking! 

V9HSowk.jpg

zTJEInq.jpg

jqAhmWb.jpg

Xbhgb3l.jpg

RussP

Looks excellent.

Congrats.

Maybe once you've honed your luming skills a tad, you can step into Kenny's shoes...............:Applause:

Haltec

@op - Great work done here.

Show us the rest of the watch..

hanski
13 hours ago, RussP said:

Looks excellent.

Congrats.

Maybe once you've honed your luming skills a tad, you can step into Kenny's shoes...............:Applause:

Hey, thanks! I'm fairly new around here. Who is Kenny? I imagine that he was a lume expert? Can you link to any images of examples of his work? 

hanski
12 hours ago, Haltec said:

@op - Great work done here.

Show us the rest of the watch..

Thanks! I'll show off the rest of the watch as soon as it gets finished. Waiting on more parts to get shipped (including dial feet to reposition this dial to fit the movement). 

RussP
52 minutes ago, mzinski said:

Hey, thanks! I'm fairly new around here. Who is Kenny? I imagine that he was a lume expert? Can you link to any images of examples of his work? 

Kenny is/was the forum's lume expert.

I can't access links as I'm travelling to work at the moment.

Look him up under member search and all will be revealed.

His avatar is the Incredible Hulk.