hanski

Dial Treatment

hanski

@NCRich when you rework a Cartel dial (for say a 1675) what steps do you take to make it better? 

I’ve noticed you mention applying a matte finish then reluming. Can you give me some helpful hints on what you’re doing and how it helps make the dial better? 

Does a matte finish give these really flat dials a little more depth to better simulate gen? 

I’m guessing your order of operations is remove stock lume, apply matte finish, relume, done. 

Thanks for any advice! 

Foxindebox

;)

NCRich
44 minutes ago, mzinski said:

@NCRich when you rework a Cartel dial (for say a 1675) what steps do you take to make it better? 

I’ve noticed you mention applying a matte finish then reluming. Can you give me some helpful hints on what you’re doing and how it helps make the dial better? 

Does a matte finish give these really flat dials a little more depth to better simulate gen? 

I’m guessing your order of operations is remove stock lume, apply matte finish, relume, done. 

Thanks for any advice! 

1675s are much different than the subs.  For a sub you just matte spray it and then apply lume to the dial.  You don't have to remove any lume on the dial.  Just use acetone to remove it from the hands and relume them so they will match.

1675 has a really crap dial to work with.