RepGuy

Sharkey Sharkmaster (Seiko Marinemaster Homage)

RepGuy

Here is a quick review on the Sharkey Sharkmaster, and initial impressions. 

Overall, the build quality feels good. If I didn't know the price, I would assume it to be a few hundred higher than what I paid. This features a solid caseback, Sea-Gull ST2130 automatic movement (Sea-Gull's ETA clone), blue Superlumnovia, and a fairly well made bracelet.

The dial is clean, and seems to be well made, with no sloppy lume, or cracked indices. The bezel is very rigid, but works properly, with no play in it. The bracelet is solid, with matching solid endlinks, and is good enough to keep on the watch.

Timekeeping so far, after about 1.5 days, is around 5s/d, and the movement ticks away at 28,800bpm. Lume is decent for the watch, but is beaten by my Helson and other micro brands lume. Compared to rep lume, it is on par with that used in the higher end models like the Noob v8.

fbZ8bz.jpg

1kLfwm.jpg

kn6N0A.jpg

GvVc6w.jpg

WGzpk3.jpg

2xnPeo.jpg

2r5b5i.jpg

https://vgy.me/TVbOVo.jpg

https://vgy.me/yO31Ct.jpg

GenTLe

Nice watch. The dial seems a bit "empty" to me but overall I like it.
How is the case back put in place? I don't see screws and it seems a single piece with the case...

RepGuy
1 minute ago, GenTLe said:

Nice watch. The dial seems a bit "empty" to me but overall I like it.
How is the case back put in place? I don't see screws and it seems a single piece with the case...

It is. This is front loaded, meaning the movement and other components are installed through the front, and the crystal is fitted after. There is no need for a traditional caseback, and it's one solid piece.

WatchDog21

I was wondering about the case back as well.  You have now already answered my questions.

It seems there are some Chinese watchmakers that are putting out some decent stuff these days.  I picked up the Shakey (Tuna SBBN017) last year and and quite please with it and do hold the same impressions on its quality as in yours.

Only thing that needs updated now is that Windows 7 PC :rofl:

21918929628_5094d1f6b2_o.gif

Foxindebox
2 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

Nothing wrong with that... I’m using a 486 running Windows 3.1 :rofl:

Btw, lovely looking watch Repguy! Might have to take the plunge myself :)

RepGuy
4 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

I was wondering about the case back as well.  You have now already answered my questions.

It seems there are some Chinese watchmakers that are putting out some decent stuff these days.  I picked up the Shakey (Tuna SBBN017) last year and and quite please with it and do hold the same impressions on its quality as in yours.

21918929628_5094d1f6b2_o.gif

Don't be too harsh on the PC. I've had it since I was hired, and haven't bothered to make the switch to 10. I prefer windows 7 to be honest. 

WatchDog21
1 minute ago, RepGuy said:

Don't be too harsh on the PC. I've had it since I was hired, and haven't bothered to make the switch to 10. I prefer windows 7 to be honest. 

I am with ya, would prefer to stay with 7 as well but the company moved everybody to 10 and I have to support it so..............

Enjoy the watch!

RepGuy
1 minute ago, WatchDog21 said:

I am with ya, would prefer to stay with 7 as well but the company moved everybody to 10 and I have to support it so..............

Enjoy the watch!

Just be happy you're not a hybrid XP/7/10 like we are. 

KarmaToBurn

The MM300 homages out of China are pretty sweet. I also have on with the 2130 movement and have no complaints about the timing at all. Mine is the one made by Ouroborus which is probably the same one as the Merkur with different engravings and dial. I also have the Sharkey Tuna and LTM 62MAS that I am very pleased with. If they release a MM1000 homage I'd be all over that too :throwingmoney:

IMG_20180107_011851_HHT_2.jpg

IMG_20180105_164449.jpg

Uroborus_MM300-5.jpg

Uroborus_MM300-1.jpg

RepGuy
15 minutes ago, KarmaToBurn said:

The MM300 homages out of China are pretty sweet. I also have on with the 2130 movement and have no complaints about the timing at all. Mine is the one made by Ouroborus which is probably the same one as the Merkur with different engravings and dial. I also have the Sharkey Tuna and LTM 62MAS that I am very pleased with. If they release a MM1000 homage I'd be all over that too :throwingmoney:

Aside from the bezel, they look identical. I agree that some of the Seiko homages coming out of China are pretty well made.

Jason123456

Well made watches, but...
I was lucky enough to compare it with the original mm300, in real life the difference is huge. Go gen, the mm300 is the best diver watch around 2k€.

Odoslané z SM-A505FN pomocou Tapatalku