Adrian8741

New member just saying hi

Adrian8741

Hello all, 

Just a quick message to say hi and quickly introduce myself. I bought my first replica watch around a decade ago (a Tag Carrera) and it was a rather painful, drawn out process that out me off ordering any more! 

Since then I've collected a few watches that I found interesting but hadn't dabbled again in replicas. That all changed recently when I discovered just how much things have moved on (whoever thought of / implemented QC pics is a hero) and I'm in the process of ordering a new rep from a TD over at RWI. I'm regularly going through the m2m section too and figured I may as well give in to the addiction and sign up here too!

Adrian

PlanetZoom

Hi Adrian,  welcome.  This addiction can be overwhelming but very enjoyable. 

What at did you buy? 

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

Going on RWI was a smart move, however, by signing in here, you've gone too far, you'll never be the same after ! ;) 

Luxuracer

Welcome to RWG ... Adrian!

Between here and RWI ... you would have all the knowledge that needed for this hobby.

Enjoy your 'shopping' experience.

dph.gif

EBB

hello adrian, welcome to the forum :)

Adrian8741

Thanks guys. 

I've gone for a Breitling Superocean 44 Special on the Ocean Racer strap. I love the combination of it somehow managing to look both rather stealthy and also very striking at the same time! 

Unfortunately my bank appear to have blocked the transaction so I suppose I'll need to call them tomorrow. Not quite sure what to say to them! 

In the meantime I've become smitten with another watch I found in the M2M section of RWI and will hopefully buy it soon (just waiting to hear back from the seller). So much for limiting myself to one per month...

Luxuracer
16 minutes ago, Adrian8741 said:

Unfortunately my bank appear to have blocked the transaction so I suppose I'll need to call them tomorrow.

I strongly recommend you look into other payment methods. If you pay by credit card, you will be charge International Transaction Fee and Currency Conversion Fee by your bank (not the TD).   

Glaude
18 minutes ago, Adrian8741 said:

Thanks guys. 

I've gone for a Breitling Superocean 44 Special on the Ocean Racer strap. I love the combination of it somehow managing to look both rather stealthy and also very striking at the same time! 

Unfortunately my bank appear to have blocked the transaction so I suppose I'll need to call them tomorrow. Not quite sure what to say to them! 

In the meantime I've become smitten with another watch I found in the M2M section of RWI and will hopefully buy it soon (just waiting to hear back from the seller). So much for limiting myself to one per month...

You just have to inform them that this was a legitimate payment from you and not a scam attempt from someone else, you don't have to tell them anything other than that

Just now, Luxuracer said:

I strongly recommend you look into other payment methods. If you pay by credit card, you will be charge International Transaction Fee and Currency Conversion Fee by your bank (not the TD).   

+1

Adrian8741

Ah, the TD did mention there might be a slight overcharge due to currency conversion - thanks for clearing that up. I was intending to use a Visa debit card as it's the one I link my PayPal to but will look into the alternatives. 

Thanks again for the heads-up, good to know and it's got me thinking.