YellingYellowLlama

5205G Annual Calendar Moonphase (KMF)

YellingYellowLlama

It was talked about for a while, but now it's finally popping up on TDs' websites. TT has it here: http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_202&products_id=18787

I'm going to try to keep an updated list of information as they get confirmed. I would love to get this, but I am not giving out pretty much 500$ until we know exactly what works and what doesn't. So please note that AFAIK all the information below are just what different dealers claim, not necessarily confirmed by users.

Day, date and month: are all real windows. Can be adjusted independently.

Moonphase: not a real moon phase, turns every 24h

24h indicator: works, following the main dial's hour hand

Thickness: same as gen (13mm)

Edited by YellingYellowLlama

rockpamlico

cool. when you say the moon phase turns every 24 hours it bumps a day of moon phase? or doesn't really work at all?

Foxindebox

I think he's saying its a day/night indicator

VMSG

Does the thickness as same as gen?

YellingYellowLlama
15 minutes ago, VMSG said:

Does the thickness as same as gen?

No one has confirmed this yet, because no one that I know of has got it. They claim is 13 mm, like gen, so probably it's either correct (mmmh) or really close (possible!)

35 minutes ago, rockpamlico said:

cool. when you say the moon phase turns every 24 hours it bumps a day of moon phase? or doesn't really work at all?

According to the dealers, it's a day/night indicator. It's definitely not fixated in place because it's in different positions in different pictures, but as of right now I can't confirm anything

FoxWilde

So who’s going to be the lab rat and fork over some cash so we can see this piece?

YellingYellowLlama

I think a guy at RWI has it. If he gets back to me there I will report with information. If not I think I can say goodbye to my money

VMSG

I think it is better to wait for ZF release (just a rumor, not 100% sure) that will include a working moonphase.

Jasonbaylee

It is a delight if that rumour is true

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

YellingYellowLlama

I decided against buying this because upon closer inspection, right before placing the order,  I realised that on the day/night indicator there is a crescent moon, opposite to the... moon (which is a sun on that indicator, I guess). 

narikaa

I have no personal experience of this one

But I'd be inclined to ascertain what all 4 flush fit pushers do

Video on the link shows the top two left and right advance the day & month , & the crown does the date as normal.

as there are only two other functions to interact with - the 24hour subdial and the 'moonphase' it would raise the questions in my mind: is the 24 hour dial adjustable? (therefore a GMT) and as I've never seen an adjusting day/night dial is it indeed a bona fide moonphase?

Mendes458

Yea have been looking at one of these someone take the plunge and buy it

Alan32

If this is the one youC0v2X.jpg mean I can confirm that the bottom two pushers don't do any thing. the moon phase and small hour hand follow the main hands

Alan32

lovely watch but has cheap  strap pins I have put an SS bracelet on it but I think it really needs a good leather strap

Alan32

Yesterday my watch said WED today it says THU so the day works:thumbsup: I shall wait with bated breath for OCT to change to NOV (but i'm not hopeful:toys:)

Alan32

Well the wait is over!  the month does not change mechanically it has to be done with the recessed button, I wasn't impressed with the strap that came with it,:Confused: but it's an awkward 21mm so i'm looking to get a new one .

narikaa

And the lower pushers...do anything or nothing?

Mendes458
On 01/11/2018 at 19:41, Alan32 said:

Well the wait is over!  the month does not change mechanically it has to be done with the recessed button, I wasn't impressed with the strap that came with it,:Confused: but it's an awkward 21mm so i'm looking to get a new one .

Thanks for the info much appreciated :thumbsup:

Alan32

Ok I'm quite a newbie at this  but the differences from the Gen are as far as I can tell (apart from it not being white gold, although it is marked with all the correct markings) is that it is 11mm instead of 13mm deep 

The Day and Date  change as they should but the month has to be moved by the recessed button on the side 

The "moonphase" is a sun stars day/night indicator which works with the 24 small hand

I initially didn't like the strap but some rubbing alcohol and vaseline has softened it nicely

I have had it running since Oct and it is 1 and a half min fast against my radio clock

it has a Miyota 9015 movement

It's 38mm with 21mm lugs and is too small for my wrist so I have worn it once, it cost $428 from trusty time + shipping

NOTE Open the pictures in new window or it will kick you out of RWG ( don't blame me  computers baffle me ):picard:

C0v2X.jpg

8YFDF.jpg

8YTNr.jpg

8YjLo.jpg

8Y71I.jpg

Edited by Glaude
Fixed problem with pics, use embed direct link ;)

Alan32

Merci mon brave:happy:

I have just measured the watch in decent light and it is 40mm but looks much smaller on my gorilla wrist!

Undinist

I'm impressed. Thanks for the info and pics Alan. Day and date functions are always top of my list but there aren't many nice reps which have them. I bought two Rolex DayDates but I got tired of them and they live with the socks. 

FoxWilde
12 minutes ago, Undinist said:

I'm impressed. Thanks for the info and pics Alan. Day and date functions are always top of my list but there aren't many nice reps which have them. I bought two Rolex DayDates but I got tired of them and they live with the socks. 

Put them on M2M and I’ll have a look :)

Undinist

I keep meaning to do that. Been meaning to do it for months and months!