Coax

"Hello World" Introducing myself

Coax

Hi All

Been through the obsession phase already - Wanted to purchase an Omega Speedmaster 3510 Reduced - Spent hours on line researching, went to Burlingtom Arcade in London and tried one on - Didn't like it (after spending hour and hour and hours researching). 

Decided I liked the original size Speedmaster Moonwatch, then ended up buying a genuine Omega Broad Arrow 178.0022 on eBay.  Lots of stress around the purchase as it was a lot of money (for me) and initially I thought I'd been tricked - Had it examined by local expert who put my mind at rest - Then brought a new Genuine Omega Calf Leather Strap fitted at the Omega Store on Oxford Street.

Net net on all if this - Ended up with a ton of stress and paying a lot of dosh for a watch that I probably didn't even want.

Decided that I like the whole watch thing and the technical details but I don't like the sky high prices of the high street.

Hoping to find some help and advice here - Am looking for a a really nice Speedy - Not sure what movement I should be looking for Vaj 7750?  I do want self winding and I would like a transparent back and to be able to see the waves if that is even possible.

Anyway - that's me by way of intro -  Sold my Broadarrow on eBay for a tad more than I paid - so happy days - And now onwards and upwards with a different version of the same obsession.

Advice and tips welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Coax

EBB

have you tried a gen homage speedy style watch? and welcome :)

GingerApple

You've picked the wrong watch I'm afraid mate - Speedys are about the worst repped watches out there - the spacing of the subdial doesn't fit with any of the rep movements.  Buy a Gen speedy and a rep everything else. But start with the 'everything else' to see what you like first- my tastes have changed a lot in the few months I've been in the rep game. Anyway, welcome and enjoy.

Coax

Funny I was just halfway along that learning curve when you posted - Seems I’ve picked a bad model to begin journey.

My second fave watch is Bell and Ross - The round face versions not the square ones - Are these done well?

And what about the Omega Seamaster?

Thx for any quick tips.

Cheers

Coax

BadApple

Most Bell and Ross have the Miyota  9015 movement which GingerBlubba will verify is very noisy.

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Coax said:

Funny I was just halfway along that learning curve when you posted - Seems I’ve picked a bad model to begin journey.

My second fave watch is Bell and Ross - The round face versions not the square ones - Are these done well?

Thx for any quick tips.

Cheers

Coax

The round B&R tend to be cheap, but fairly decent. Good for the money.

There's a new Seamaster that sounds awesome, the Spectre one, but yeah, most Seamasters are fairly well repped I think.

GingerApple
1 minute ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

Most Bell and Ross have the Miyota  9015 movement which GingerBlubba will verify is very noisy.

Having said that, I've never had an issue with one in a B&R - in fact I'm a fan of the 9015 generally. It was just in the latest Pelagos where it was unbearably bad due to the ridiculous fake bridge. 

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, Coax said:

Welcome to RWG .... and the Repworld.

Late last year I was in the same boat as you. I was in the market for a gen Omega Planet Ocean or Aqua Terra. While doing research, I ran into a 'scam' rep website, which lead me into more research on reps and ended up here. .... Fast forward to today, I have over 60 reps watches :frusty:

There a few beautiful repped Omega Seamaster ... including Planet Ocean and  Diver 300m

dph.gif

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

You've been properly informed by my comrades here ! 

Have a look around the sticky posts of the forum and you should be good to go in your rep journey ! :) 

Coax

Thanks for the advice and welcome - Looking forward to  getting more into this topic over time.

cheers

Coax