Sirob

Omega Plaet Ocean 600M 43.5 cal. 8900

Sirob

Hi folks,

Did some researching and there isn't much about the Planet Ocean 43.5 600m cal. 8900.

I'm trying to figure out who makes the closest one to gen. From from searching OMF, OMG BP and JHF make one.

I appreciate your imput. 

ScorpVamp

All I know is apparently that OMF and JHF are the same and I had one and it was decent but I wouldn't recommend it if you can help it

RepGuy

Wx5aaE.jpg

deju
9 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Wx5aaE.jpg

Saw his avatar too lol

bigporl

I've got latest from omf v3 I think it is date wheel spacing is a hell of a lot better than v2. That is if it's tgis one you're talking of.

KS1zK.md.jpg

theleash

I've got the v2 with ss bracelet. Had it for about 15 months now and seems all ok with the exception of the ss bracelet really starting to loosen up throughout the links. 

Question 1, how much can you manually wind it up?

Question 2, has anyone had a pressure test and/or mod done to achieve water proofing?

Glaude
24 minutes ago, theleash said:

I've got the v2 with ss bracelet. Had it for about 15 months now and seems all ok with the exception of the ss bracelet really starting to loosen up throughout the links. 

Question 1, how much can you manually wind it up?

Question 2, has anyone had a pressure test and/or mod done to achieve water proofing?

Question 1 : You can't overwind it, so don't worry

Question 2 : Probably some had, but that won't help you since you have to do it too, you can't rely on other people tests on that subject

theleash

Hey, thanks a million, Glaude. In terms of the pressure test, can I assume any reputable watch repairer can help? or is there a policy on keeping reps to within the inner sanctum?

Glaude
15 minutes ago, theleash said:

Hey, thanks a million, Glaude. In terms of the pressure test, can I assume any reputable watch repairer can help? or is there a policy on keeping reps to within the inner sanctum?

You'll have to find a "rep friendly" watchsmith, depending on how they work they may not want to touch a rep, but you'll have to ask them, best way is to discuss watch in general before asking this question, make them comfortable discussing with you.

The only rule in here is don't take a rep to an official dealer of the same brand, otherwise you can do what you want ;) 

theleash

Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

bladerider

Last March, I bought the BP version after some deliberation. It was the spelling mistakes on the OMf movement that put me off, combined with the fact that the OMf 9900 chrono version I bought previously only lasted a couple of days before it seized up.

My 8900 BP version has a Miyota movement and is super accurate. I reckon its almost as accurate as a quartz watch.

When fairly new, I was at an Omega dealer trying on the grey titanium version, and my rep was never questioned. (A bit daring I know).

Its not all good though. After 6 months, it definitely cannot ever be mistaken for anything other than a rep. The orange paint on the bezel has worn very thin.  Its still visible, but only just. I suppose that would be the same regardless of what factory version you get.

It would be great if a gen bezel could fit this watch. I have no idea if that is possible or even where or how much a gen bezel would be.

Edited by bladerider

cmann_97

Not sure what version this is, but looks pretty good836352c7b806ef76faf2d7e4825914c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FishOutOfH2O

K4jun,

Thanks for sharing the link...Very nice, I like that it comes with 2 straps (stainless steel bracelet with nylon strap)!

What is the beets per hour on the movement 28,800 or 21,600?

Now that you have had it for a while how is it holding up (reliability, orang rubber on bezel etc)?