justarandomlurker

BP or Noob? Ice Blue DD40 Reccomendation?

justarandomlurker

Hello guys! I've really wanted to pull the trigger on my first rep which was my dream watch but sadly no rep makers make it ( its the Full Arabic Ice Blue DD40 ) , I searched everywhere and asked all td's/people who source things from china for about 3 weeks but sadly, no one managed to find one. Buuuut I decided to settle for the 2nd best option which is close to the one I wanted initially and that one is the Ice Blue DD40 '228206'. Thankfully all the TD's have this watch but most carry two versions, the Noob version and the BP version. Sadly both seem very different in pictures.

Noob : https://gyazo.com/c219a64703726f5023007aa6a6e89c13
BP : https://gyazo.com/e8f74a399eb75b79cd2a5d9576a6fec1

I tried searching on all the Pro's And Con's of each but the most I find is either golden versions or different variations. I have however seen a comparison on RWG a while ago but that one was TEXT only and had no pictures. Money is not that big of an issue for me ( up to 1000$ or so ) to spend on this so the price difference (20$) between BP and NOOB is not significant. I'm more worried about the dial's coloring because both pictures of Noob/BP's dial are very different. . If any of you have either rep or info about which one is better please let me know! If you have any recommendations on which TD to pick and any aftermarket changes I should make ( if any ) and how much it would cost, I'm all ears.

I have also contacted BK to see if he can mod this but he insists that the Noob version he sources is on par with the real one and needs no extra modification.  I asked mary (ling) and she replied with recommending BP. So i'm completely clueless now :P.

Thanks in advance guys and have a nice day <3

NFleischer

Under no circumstances order BP with 'Swiss' movement. Total old hybrid POS.

GenTLe

Well, to me it seems that Noob is much nearer:

Risultati immagini per day date roman light blue

boneyjr

Hasn't the general rule of thumb been: "when in doubt, noob"?

justarandomlurker

Well this sucks - I already have ordered and recieved the QC pics of BP a week or so ago ( Before seeing your replies) Do you reckon mary will allow me to swap it off for a Noob version or should I sell this one on the M2M and buy the noob version instead? I can show you the pictures of this watch if you would like via a DM since its not allowed here.

justarandomlurker
On 15/08/2018 at 16:13, boneyjr said:

Hasn't the general rule of thumb been: "when in doubt, noob"?

Well this sucks - I already have ordered and recieved the QC pics of BP a week or so ago ( Before seeing your replies) Do you reckon mary will allow me to swap it off for a Noob version or should I sell this one on the M2M and buy the noob version instead? I can show you the pictures of this watch if you would like via a DM since its not allowed here.

On 14/08/2018 at 00:46, NFleischer said:

Under no circumstances order BP with 'Swiss' movement. Total old hybrid POS.

Yeah I got the regular BP one but i'm now worried about the Dial.

On 14/08/2018 at 01:10, GenTLe said:

Well, to me it seems that Noob is much nearer:

Risultati immagini per day date roman light blue

Where did you get this NooB picture from? Seem's pretty much on par with the real one dial wise but not marker wise , still much better from my BP one. Could you answer to my question above please?

GenTLe

My pic was of a gen. Compared with the rep pics you posted it is much more similar to the noob