scottjk

Best ST105.012 ?

scottjk

What version of the ST105.012 is currently considered the most accurate to the original? 

I also noticed that the 'original' moonwatch potentially had a brown face but the ones Buzz and Neil wore seem to be black face. Any moonwatch gurus know? 

Thanks

S

Omega-Speedmaster-105.012-66-CB-9186-5.j

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-2.jpg

Quokka

Anyone know the answer for this? I’ve been searching for ages for an ST105.12 lookalike with a functional hour subdial at 6 o’clock x manually wound.

cheers

Genius
16 minutes ago, Quokka said:

Anyone know the answer for this? I’ve been searching for ages for an ST105.12 lookalike with a functional hour subdial at 6 o’clock x manually wound.

cheers

There's no super clone of the lemania movement that omega uses in these so al the half decent reps use the venus clone but the functionality and more importantly subdial spacing is off.  I for a long time toyed with the idea of buying some random vintage watch with he same or similar lemania in that I could use as a base for a franken build  and ended up finding a used gen cheap on WUS so bought that instead 

9ShbX.jpg

FoxWilde
31 minutes ago, Quokka said:

cheers

@Genius is right. Which is why I’m holding off on buying a Speedy rep. Brown or black dial, no matter. The dial Browns with exposure to years of sunlight. 

Quokka

Thank you guys. Very helpful

Redemskis

That's nice!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

CorrellianG

My dream too..

interested to know if possible to fit a lemania into any rep case??

there is a guy i know who Gensteins the FOIS into looking like an 105.002 but he charges ALOT

BadApple
7 minutes ago, CorrellianG said:

My dream too..

interested to know if possible to fit a lemania into any rep case??

there is a guy i know who Gensteins the FOIS into looking like an 105.002 but he charges ALOT

Look for spec that says Seagull ST19 / Venus 75 which is the Asian Lemania copy 

Here's an example in the Speedy - https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=19693