Sign in to follow this  
David543

Where to post?

greg_r

Sorry David - it's kinda traditional to be rude about Hublot around here. Could've been worse, he could have bought a Silberstein.... :)

Best place for reviews btw is in the "Popular Brands & Watch Reviews" section - makes it easier to find when someone is looking for a review of a particular watch ;)

David543
Sorry David - it's kinda traditional to be rude about Hublot around here. Could've been worse, he could have bought a Silberstein.... :rofl:

Best place for reviews btw is in the "Popular Brands & Watch Reviews" section - makes it easier to find when someone is looking for a review of a particular watch :facepalm:

Cheers Greg.

I have sort of noticed the general downer on Hublot here. Is that just because of the attitude of the company to reps or is it something more? I mean, Rolex don't exactly like reps.... The actual standard of 'genuineness' of my Hublot in terms of how solid it feels and how well made is better than any others I have. After more than 5yrs it still looks like new. When I bought it, and was a member of the original RWG (remembering Highflyingclive and others) there were rumours that some of the parts fell out of the proper Hublot factory. I could believe it!

:lol:

greg_r

Well, their CEO is indeed an asshole :lol: but it's something more. I'll let the other guys speak for themselves, but my beef is with the product, pure and simple. They've produced a range that is strongly influenced by AP, but has none of AP's attention to detail (or design flair). I'll leave Baldrick to have a good rant about bezel screws as he seems to enjoy it so much :facepalm:

Just my opinion, but as a brand I personally find it hard to take them seriously. I'd consider many of Hublot's models to be overpriced fashion watches, to be honest. Hublot always seem to me to be more about marketing than about quality...

Of course, your mileage may (and probably does!) vary :rofl:

David543

I got mine when there was just one version (yes, that early...)

I agree that AP seem to be the inspiration. They do seem to have produced 25,000 versions that use interchangeable parts, like lego bricks.

I liked the original as it was produced before everyone did larger watches, but the price is not about £9,400 which is just absurd!!!

So, to be honest, I don't really disagree. Yes if the screws lined up it would be better...

KBH

I saw one Hublot in the wild at a golf tournament last year and I was totally turned off. If you can picture a rather obese, swarthy Italian with a mustache and a fat Cuban cigar. An overly colorful silk shirt opened almost to the waist with several obnoxious looking gold chains hanging around his neck. A large diamond pinky ring and a very ostentatious gold and black Hublot on his wrist. He was an absolute caricature of the typical Italian gangster wanna be. And that watch looked horrible, even (or especially?) on him.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol: