DR3M3L

Picr.me | A new easy way of sharing your photo's!

DR3M3L

Hi all,

The owners of RWI and the company Duckways BV collaborated to create an online platform for image hosting and sharing. The announcement made by Daytona4me over on RWI:

RWI is pleased to announce our own photo hosting site picr.me

PICR.me is fully owned by RWI, hosted on RWI servers, and managed by our internet partner Duckways BV. We are no longer bound by the user agreements of image hosts like photobucket or imgur!

PICR.me is in Beta testing right now but you are free to use it as we continue developing our processes. We intend to fully integrate your PICR uploads within the post tool bar but we need time before that will be finished. For now, continue using the img /img code when posting your photos.

Stay tuned as RWI focuses on expanding the RWI family of products. We have some amazing ideas that will benefit all fora members that we want to implement soon.

Uploading images in bulk gives you the option to copy the direct BB code at once, without the need of modifying IMG tags or whatever. It just works like we always wanted an image hosting site to work for sharing images on forums..

Admin Update: The "Upload Image" button in the post dialog now connects with picr.me

We have no commercial intentions and made sure images will remain online, backups are made daily and we do not erase or auto prune old photo's.

Hope you all enjoy!

DR3M3L

Glaude

:thumbsup:

That's great ! 

And Exif stripping to be on the safe side ! 

Keep up the great work !

DR3M3L
8 minutes ago, Glaude said:

:thumbsup:

That's great ! 

And Exif stripping to be on the safe side ! 

Keep up the great work !

Ah- forgot to mention that... Yes we set it up to strip EXIF data to hide people locations :) Also, we keep 100% original size and quality of the image as long as it's within 25MB and 4000x4000 pixels. If not we scale it to fit within 4000 pixels, but keep 100% quality.

BadPickle

Now we own the internet :thumbsup2:

acab

I hope this will work 100years.

Del
1 hour ago, DR3M3L said:

Hi all,

The owners of RWI and the company Duckways BV collaborated to create an online platform for image hosting and sharing. The announcement made by Daytona4me over on RWI:

Uploading images in bulk gives you the option to copy the direct BB code at once, without the need of modifying IMG tags or whatever. It just works like we always wanted an image hosting site to work for sharing images on forums..

We have no commercial intentions and made sure images will remain online, backups are made daily and we do not erase or auto prune old photo's.

Hope you all enjoy!

DR3M3L

Interesting stuff mate!

Will this extend to RWG too?

Tits McGee

I can't figure it out. I'm having issues next door with Imgur. 

I signed up with pic.me and uploaded my pics but I still can't post pics there.

I fucking give up.  :bsod:

I'm too disgusted to try another image hosting site.  I'd give the wife a punch...... but she can take me now. 

WKg55ki.jpg

RUSH2112

Time for onze to come back and post his favorites.

DR3M3L
10 minutes ago, Del said:

Interesting stuff mate!

Will this extend to RWG too?

Usage of this image hosting is for everyone and not limited to any website :) Photobucket blocked hotlinking, we'll just keep that open.

John45

Thanks for doing this.  Viewing RWG images is often a challenge for me.

GingerApple

Awesome! And 'more products in the pipeline' sounds very interesting! RWI underwear next?

VMSG

This great news, will RWI and RWG integrate it in the post toolbar in the future?

Del
8 hours ago, DR3M3L said:

Usage of this image hosting is for everyone and not limited to any website :) Photobucket blocked hotlinking, we'll just keep that open.

:thumbsup2:

Del

I've set up an account and can confirm that it is indeed very easy to use, even from my iPhone!  :clap::chewbacca:

DR3M3L
1 hour ago, Del said:

I've set up an account and can confirm that it is indeed very easy to use, even from my iPhone!  :clap::chewbacca:

Thanks Del! 

greg_r

Fecking awesome. Great work, folks! :D

Pinned.

DR3M3L

Thanks @greg_r!

We currently work on adding some cool features, more to come soon. I’m blown away by the usage already, I’m glad we got a great server setup on this.. So far it’s been faster than I expected on the current load.

deju

Thanks @DR3M3L for your time and dedication to our hobby! Along with your collaborators on this project 

this is great, the loss of pictures across all boards with archived reviews and tutorials has been a real blow!

cheers 

greg_r

Moved to New Members as an alternative to the postimage thread.

splke

Brilliant Thanks Chaps

EweR.jpg

GingerApple

FYI, as quick and brilliantly functional as Picr seems to be, it's still in beta and consequentially has the odd bug. I've used it next door and when I've listed pics in threads, I can see the picture I've uploaded, but other users see a totally different picture that a different member has uploaded! So until all the faults are ironed out, if you're using it, make sure it's working okay for you, especially in sales threads. The programming team are aware of the issue.

DR3M3L
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

FYI, as quick and brilliantly functional as Picr seems to be, it's still in beta and consequentially has the odd bug. I've used it next door and when I've listed pics in threads, I can see the picture I've uploaded, but other users see a totally different picture that a different member has uploaded! So until all the faults are ironed out, if you're using it, make sure it's working okay for you, especially in sales threads. The programming team are aware of the issue.

Even though I was pointed out the above problem, I still didn’t manage to reproduce it.. All image links are direct to a file and aren’t served without any coding layer inbetween... Which, honestly, should always return the same.... If anyone faces this issue please provide me:

The image code used and a screenshot of what you see and think is wrong.

Thanks!

GingerApple
57 minutes ago, DR3M3L said:

Even though I was pointed out the above problem, I still didn’t manage to reproduce it.. All image links are direct to a file and aren’t served without any coding layer inbetween... Which, honestly, should always return the same.... If anyone faces this issue please provide me:

The image code used and a screenshot of what you see and think is wrong.

Thanks!

It's like there's a problem with my Picr account - because in it now, there are 7 photos, three of which are nothing to do with me - they're sales pics of a ROO for a user called Jawi. And about five pics that I did take have disappeared from the thread. I think I've broken Picr.....

:Whistle:

onionbag

This is all I need!

Another choice....I'm phoning my social worker.

Waspy
On 31/07/2018 at 23:11, DR3M3L said:

Have you bought a server farm?