Adrian8741

My first rep - PAM 386 M (VSF)

Adrian8741

Hi guys,

Been lurking around for a bit (especially in the M2M section as I now officially have the bug!) but wanted to share my very first rep purchase.  This was bought over at RWI recently and is what has created something of a PAM addiction in me!

Anyway, she's a PAM 386 M by VSF.  I bought the watch along with the boxset - as a package it was just irresistible.  Shipping was interesting as the tracking stated the package was on its way to Greenland (I like in the UK...) but thankfully it arrived just fine!

I understand that this model is a bit of an odd fish - I'm not even sure it ever made it into production (issues with the ceramic case IIRC) and this version has a titanium case with DLC coating, as opposed to the ceramic body of the gen.  As a result it was never going to achieve 'super rep' status, but I fell in love with the colour regardless.  It's advertised as brown but to my eyes always looks more grey, although does seem to change shade slightly based on the lighting conditions.  What really captured my attention was the movement.  Unlike many reps the balance wheel on this is at the 7 o'clock position (rather than 11) and to my untrained eye everything beneath that coloured case back just looks amazing.  My little boy (he's 8) and I have spent quite some time just staring at the movement working its magic!

I'm not really in a position to review anything as I'm so new, but I will say I love the versatility of the watch - it seems to just 'go' with whatever I'm wearing, whether I'm on the way to work or out playing in the park with the kids.  I love the general size and legibility of the dial and haven't gotten bored of geeking out over the lume at night yet. 

I only have two minor grips; the first is I can't seem to make the strap fit right - it's either slightly too tight or slightly too loose.  Tried buying another strap and while this is slightly better it's not quite right.  Thinking about splashing out on a slightly more expensive one but need to do some more homework first!  The other issue is that sadly the watch has some scratches on it (I was advised of this by the seller and bought the watch with full knowledge of them).  I'd really like to get them tidied up but haven't got a clue where to start!

Well, enough of all that - onto the pics!

20180728_155111.jpg

20180728_155135.jpg

20180721_200416.jpg

20180726_173829.jpg

20180728_122303.jpg

20180720_201239.jpg

20180730_173323.jpg

20180730_235857.jpg

20180720_202519.jpg

Thanks for reading, and thanks to RWG for providing such a great platform for us all to enjoy.  I'm off again to keep an eye out in the M2M section!

Glaude

Great little review ! 

Thanks for sharing, the watch is gorgeous !

Adrian8741

Thanks! I'm now looking for another pam to keep this one company (wouldn't want it to be lonely!) but can't decide between another 44mm Luminor (the 111 most likely) a 47mm Submersible or a 127. Also really like the 616...I'm really going to struggle to keep to the 'one watch per month' agreement I made with the wife!