Sign in to follow this  
Sangupta

Choosing between two specific AP Diver Ceramic Watches

Sangupta

Dear All,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about these watches and a lot of information is available, but I would appreciate your help in deciding between these two specific versions:

https://puretime.io/royal-oak-offshore-diver-real-ceramic-jf-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a3120.html

https://puretime.io/royal-oak-offshore-diver-real-black-ceramic-xf-1-1-best-edition-on-black-rubber-strap-a3120-v2.html

Leaving the price difference aside, which would be the best and most accurate of these two?

Many thanks for your help

Edited by Sangupta

bushwacka

The ones you linked are ceramic, not carbon ;)

XF wins hands down because of the correct dial.

Sangupta
1 hour ago, bushwacka said:

The ones you linked are ceramic, not carbon ;)

XF wins hands down because of the correct dial.

Many thanks both for your advise and for pointing out my mistake, now corrected.

I can't see much difference in the dials from the pictures. May I ask what the differences are?

Again, many thanks for your help.

Jasonbaylee

Gen dial is matte.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

bushwacka
1 hour ago, Sangupta said:

I can't see much difference in the dials from the pictures. May I ask what the differences are?

The TD photos have rather shitty lighting, just check out the photos from people who got it (there's a big thread about it over on RWI).

Also, the XF crystal is 2xAR with a greenish hue while the JF one is 1xAR and more gen-like.

Sangupta
9 minutes ago, bushwacka said:

The TD photos have rather shitty lighting, just check out the photos from people who got it (there's a big thread about it over on RWI).

Also, the XF crystal is 2xAR with a greenish hue while the JF one is 1xAR and more gen-like.

So the XF has a better dial but the JF a better crystal? Is the quality of the case and bezel comparable?

Apologies for so many questions, but you seem to be very knowledgeable on this and appreciate your advice.

bushwacka

You're welcome, I was in the same spot a few months ago ;)

Case and bezel are pretty much identical, same goes for hands and the rest. JF strap and caseback are supposedly a bit better, but the XF isn't bad by any means. Rotor is still the wrong rose gold one in both.

Honestly, it's a bit of a shitshow with this rep since there are many versions around where the factories got one thing right and fucked up another, with the XF being a step in the right direction. There was even a thread from some guy a while back who got 2-3  different reps and built the "ultimate" ceramic diver (as well as the ultimate ghetto version from the spares).  :D

Sangupta
6 hours ago, bushwacka said:

You're welcome, I was in the same spot a few months ago ;)

Case and bezel are pretty much identical, same goes for hands and the rest. JF strap and caseback are supposedly a bit better, but the XF isn't bad by any means. Rotor is still the wrong rose gold one in both.

Honestly, it's a bit of a shitshow with this rep since there are many versions around where the factories got one thing right and fucked up another, with the XF being a step in the right direction. There was even a thread from some guy a while back who got 2-3  different reps and built the "ultimate" ceramic diver (as well as the ultimate ghetto version from the spares).  :D

Many thanks for your help.

XF V2 ordered.

Best

S