DavidPS1

Rolex two tone blue dial Sub 1:1 BEST clone

DavidPS1

Hi Folks,

Happy to join the forum today :) Fairly new to rep buying and owning. Yu folks and your website have helped direct and guide me in purchases already which  I'm grateful to you for :) 

Happily I own some gen watches which I am grateful and pleasured to own and wear (Brietling, Cartier, Tag, Omega).

Just bought a Brietling Chronomat blue dial, steel band from DTime and its a beauty :) ... so far works perfectly and keeps great time (not as good as gen :)  but certainly well within using tolerances I see as necessary). Good service,  and seamless postal delivery of a few weeks.

I sadly bought a Rolex Sub blue dial from another dealer (from our preferred dealer' list also) ... but sadly returned the watch the same day :(

Cost me about $100 US to do so with postage, and the dealer saying I needed to reimburse them for the return ... don't get that cause despite lots of emails to them with specific questions about the absolute need for the watch body, movement, reliability, gold quality, dial etc to be as close to gen as possible and being told it was, it was not :(

Sadly the glaring visual problem was ... the dial wasn't a sunray dial at all (flat blue colour) which would have signalled to any reasonably observant person that the watch was an obvious copy. Sadly despite exhaustive email questions to the dealer and careful inspection of reviews and images prior to accepting the watch and then receiving, the watch arrived with a lifeless flat coloured dial ... bummer !  

Anyway, can anyone direct me to a dealer that sells this Rolex with a great sunray dial as well as the other facets expected in a wonderful 1:1 clone with a quality reliable accurate clone movement? Or don't these exist in the rep market?

I'm also looking towards a 1:1 best clone rep Brietling 6.75 big date gold watch with a leather strap (probably a black dial, but will consider a great white dial), and have only found one of the preferred RWG dealers  offering them.

Thanks folks for reading this :)

FoxWilde

Reps have come far in the past years, but no true 1:1 specs. In the rep world there will always be an error from gen, it just depends on how much you can deal with it. My best advice is to read as much as you can from this forum, and ask around. As far as subs go there’s a plethora of content here regarding which factory makes it best. 

Cheers

fox

Glaude

Hi and welcome !

5 hours ago, DavidPS1 said:

I sadly bought a Rolex Sub blue dial from another dealer (from our preferred dealer' list also)

Be aware that Dtime isn't a trusted dealer around here, so to be correct you only bought once from our TD ;) 

Show us a link of the rep you were unsatisfied with so that we could direct you with finding your grail :) 

Anyway, can anyone direct me to a dealer that sells this Rolex with a great sunray dial as well as the other facets expected in a wonderful 1:1 clone with a quality reliable accurate clone movement? Or don't these exist in the rep market?

As FoxWilde said, there's no such thing as a 1:1 replica of any watch.

I'm also looking towards a 1:1 best clone rep Brietling 6.75 big date gold watch with a leather strap (probably a black dial, but will consider a great white dial), and have only found one of the preferred RWG dealers  offering them.

The best way to find a particular replica or even know if it exists, is to send a picture of it to various TD to see if they can source it for you, no matter where the picture comes from :) 

DavidPS1

Thanks folks.

I knew there are always discrepancies in reps from gen (all copies are less than original, in all things, even as a newby rep collector I hoped for a reasonable quality :) Not meaning to write in terms that inferred I had expectations of a perfect clone.  The dealer I bought that poor copy from wasn't DTime by the way. The dealer who sold me the Sub with a blue dial which was as flat as flat lifeless blue (ex any sunray effect) was a trusted dealer.

I'm now talking with Adrain (hope this admission isn't against some rule here?) about a moded Sub.

As to the piece I bought and returned frankly I don't want to visit the site I bought from ever again and re -sight the crap sent me that ended up costing me in return post and a 'fee' to the seller in order to get the balance of my money back (ouch this still hurts:( 

As you guys righty said ... don't expect a perfect copy ... but to sell a blue dial Sub advertising it as an excellent c1:1 copy when for about 700 USD with a lifeless flat blue coloured dial and sell it to a client that painstakingly asks specific questions re the dial quality ... is, well, just bloody criminal.

Okay seeing as I a glutton for punishment and at the risk of being trolled on the internet for naming someone else 'best friend' dealer ...I looked up the Sub and here's the model and site I bought from. The Sub was a Noob V7 fully wrapped gold A2836 from 'the one watch'. As yes I spent frigin' ages asking, and re-asking, the dealer if the dial and other features were close as poss to gen - specifically the dial sunray, and was assured it was  ... ahem ... NOT :( 

Glaude

Are you talking about that ? 

http://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3704&search=Noob+V7

Because it looks very close to that to me :

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-submariner-116613-blue-dial.html

But since I know nooooothing about Rolex I may be talking shit :D 

On my 30sec google image search it seems that both the non "sunray" and "sunray" dial exists

DavidPS1

Ciao Glaude, Thank you very much for taking time to search n attach links. Yep that V7 was the one :(  (they advised it was the closest to gen and best 1:1 they recommended).

I'm really curious about your Google search as I too saw what appears to be some great sunray dials on utube etc. most showed/reporting on Noob, VRF and other makes. Somehow the actuality of the watch in hand did not for me maytch the images shown on utube and watch sites such as onewatch :(

I'm starting to think to forget trying to find a beautiful two tone sub bluesy rep and go for a Hulk as I seem to see a few late versions e.g. Noob V9 and VRF with 2836 -2 and 904 steel with gorgeous green sunray dials. The issue of gold wrapping and the wearability of very thin gold coatings is an issue too as they will tarnish and wear off within a few years.  Maybe the stainless bracelet with super hard 904 and the brightness of the 904 is a better bey. Ther Hulk is a pretty and manly watch too and the green is also very comely to look at.

I got quoted for a modded Sub two tone (by Adrain of DTime) - VRF body and bracelet at 30 microns Swiss ETA 2836 movement gen dial gen rehaut gen hands Gen date wheel for 3600 US. I think I'll save this and go buy a ore-owned real one in a years time.

If you have any trails to any good Brietling 6.75 big date gold body reps I'd appreciate it Glaude.  Many thanks again for your insight and rep wisdom shared so freely with me.

RussP

$3600 on a rep ?

Seriously ?

You can have half a dozen really great Seikos for that money.

There's a few Aussie members who'd be happy to guide you on the right path.

Then there are the boys in blue (they like to be referred to as Moderators) who are also very helpful if you get stuck with a particular problematic situation.

Lastly.........welcome to the Forum.

Rokerite

The genuine watch you speak of has had both sunburst and flat dial versions, so your rep is correct:Hug:

narikaa

^^^^^^^

THIS

Did you specifically ask for a sunburst dial version because the one in the link above is as plain as day the 'flat blue'

flatbluev7.JPG?raw=1

getting hissy about receiving what you bought seems somewhat bizarre

Glaude
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

The genuine watch you speak of has had both sunburst and flat dial versions, so your rep is correct:Hug:

Indeed, that what I suggested to him in my message, he picked a perfect rep of my first gen link.

3 hours ago, DavidPS1 said:

Ciao Glaude, Thank you very much for taking time to search n attach links. Yep that V7 was the one :(  (they advised it was the closest to gen and best 1:1 they recommended).

I'm really curious about your Google search as I too saw what appears to be some great sunray dials on utube etc. most showed/reporting on Noob, VRF and other makes. Somehow the actuality of the watch in hand did not for me maytch the images shown on utube and watch sites such as onewatch :(

I'm starting to think to forget trying to find a beautiful two tone sub bluesy rep and go for a Hulk as I seem to see a few late versions e.g. Noob V9 and VRF with 2836 -2 and 904 steel with gorgeous green sunray dials. The issue of gold wrapping and the wearability of very thin gold coatings is an issue too as they will tarnish and wear off within a few years.  Maybe the stainless bracelet with super hard 904 and the brightness of the 904 is a better bey. Ther Hulk is a pretty and manly watch too and the green is also very comely to look at.

I got quoted for a modded Sub two tone (by Adrain of DTime) - VRF body and bracelet at 30 microns Swiss ETA 2836 movement gen dial gen rehaut gen hands Gen date wheel for 3600 US. I think I'll save this and go buy a ore-owned real one in a years time.

If you have any trails to any good Brietling 6.75 big date gold body reps I'd appreciate it Glaude.  Many thanks again for your insight and rep wisdom shared so freely with me.

As others have added to my message, I think you picked up a perfectly good rep, but unfortunately not of the gen you where after, to me the fault is on you on this one.
You should be able to find a two tone bluesy sunray dial.

I think you lack a bit of reading, because every TD here can get you the same watches, especially when it comes to modern Rolex models.

The gold coatings wearing off after a few years have also been discussed on the board, I'm yet to see a old rep with a gold coating that have tarnished and wear off, in normal use and care that shouldn't happen so quick.

As for the 904L steel, it's not harder than 316L, it's at best equal to it, don't fall for the Rolex marketing bullshit about 904L, moreover when the quality of 904L used in rep is not the same as the one from Rolex.

As for your last inquire, I suggest that you use the search bar ;)

DavidPS1

Thanks Glaude, Much appreciated for you efforts to reply and support.  I will send a quality photo of the Sub to the TD's and see what they say. I agree with your statement that 904 steel is no different to 316 re hardness, some metallurgists have told me that as the number rises there is a slight hardness increase but this is negligible against the sharp rise in anti-corrosive qualities. The only difference is in the brightness of the metal (and its capacity to hold this brightness) and its capacity to resist corrosion. The quality of what is touted as 904 in the rep market may indeed  fall below the international standard scales of the above. As for the gold wrapping/coatings of reps I am happy to hear you report that they last well with care cleaning I always rotate my watches reps and gens anyway so this will support the good wear characteristics if I find a t-tone Sub.

Thanks for the wink on the search bar tip G :)

Glaude
3 minutes ago, DavidPS1 said:

Thanks Glaude, Much appreciated for you efforts to reply and support.  I will send a quality photo of the Sub to the TD's and see what they say. I agree with your statement that 904 steel is no different to 316 re hardness, some metallurgists have told me that as the number rises there is a slight hardness increase but this is negligible against the sharp rise in anti-corrosive qualities. The only difference is in the brightness of the metal (and its capacity to hold this brightness) and its capacity to resist corrosion. The quality of what is touted as 904 in the rep market may indeed  fall below the international standard scales of the above. As for the gold wrapping/coatings of reps I am happy to hear you report that they last well with care cleaning I always rotate my watches reps and gens anyway so this will support the good wear characteristics if I find a t-tone Sub.

Thanks for the wink on the search bar tip G :)

Chinese 904L is 904L by international standards, but not on par with Rolex 904L, I think that's all there is to know about this whole 904L thing, the rest have been debated, discussed, cursed and all that jazz ;)

The search function will also give you results on that :)

Happy hunting !

DavidPS1

Yes narikka as a newby and wanting to make a careful best quality choice I did ask the TD (exhaustively) to help me chose a sunray dial best choice make and model and was directed by the TD to the item you posted and remarked blatantly has a flat blue dial). I asked and was most specific with the TD.  I rtrusated aftyer asking clear and definite questions of the TD to send me a watch with the sunray dial. Your remarks that I am in some way whingeing, because 'I got what I ordered' is not inclusive of the processes of NOT having my enquiries honoured and met by the seller.   

Rokerite

The person you were dealing is probably Chinese, and English is not their first language, so easy to confuse.But the pic is clearly of a flat dial if that is what you ordered, also did you not receive QC  pics of the watch before you okayed it? Would have been easy enough to explain at this point that those pics are not what you want, then send him a pic of the watch you actually want from the internet, gen or rep.

DavidPS1

Thanks so much Rokerite. you guys have been so helpful. Glaude has given me great guidance to avoid, and chose what is closest to my wants when buying, and to help me reset my expectations and understandings of a whole lot of stuff :) 

Without you folks it would be a heck of a lot harder to grow in ones knowledge and purchasing good products ... so many thanks. 

I would like to say that I am a mature man, with a common sense head and with a keen ear and eye (I make my living listening and understanding communications so I aint' no dummy at these lol), so the events that transpired came as a shock ... so I sat and reflected on my emails to the TD, my thinking, and my decisions and I cannot see how I could have done anything more carefully,  or enquiringly.

I took more than a month to chose the watch hahaha ... This has been a great learning curve for me. The upshot from the learning I gained was I bought another rep (another model) it's a good to great watch in all aspects so was a good choice by me and I love it. If at first you don't suceed try try again as they say lol. So, my faith and willingness to buy more watches ...reps is still high :) 

And yep I was sent photos and they appeared to show a sunray dial (the one posted by our compatriot here shows one shot the other shots with the product appeared to show sunray.  I emailed back before okaying the photo sent to me and was again told yes this is sunray dial don't worry, and so I went ahead.

Its all good learning :) and I'm not here now whingeing about it at all. I'm simply reaching out for you guys (as you have and are willing) to guide me as a new member and to help me grow in knowledge and experience so I can, maybe someday,  guide someone else.

I'm reaching out to the TD's now with a god shot of a rep with sunray and asking them can they supply just as Glaude advised.

Glaude
28 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

The person you were dealing is probably Chinese, and English is not their first language, so easy to confuse.But the pic is clearly of a flat dial if that is what you ordered, also did you not receive QC  pics of the watch before you okayed it? Would have been easy enough to explain at this point that those pics are not what you want, then send him a pic of the watch you actually want from the internet, gen or rep.

While I agree with the rest of your statement, it's sometimes hard to show a sunray dial effect on QC pics. You have to play with lighting to see it and QC are not took in those conditions

narikaa
1 hour ago, DavidPS1 said:

Yes narikka as a newby and wanting to make a careful best quality choice I did ask the TD (exhaustively) to help me chose a sunray dial best choice make and model and was directed by the TD to the item you posted and remarked blatantly has a flat blue dial). I asked and was most specific with the TD.  I rtrusated aftyer asking clear and definite questions of the TD to send me a watch with the sunray dial. Your remarks that I am in some way whingeing, because 'I got what I ordered' is not inclusive of the processes of NOT having my enquiries honoured and met by the seller.   

Hence my preamble:

Did you specifically ask for a sunburst dial version

Till now that wasnt self evident