Okay gents, welcome to my my completely UN-scientific comparison of some watches, by WEIGHT.  McGilli drove me in this direction in his response to my 616 Carbotech review.  I wanted to see the difference Carbotech made versus steel in a 47mm PAM .  I was pleasantly surprised by the results.  Then I had a whisky and I had the brilliant idea of comparing my big-ass PAMs to some other lightweights.  So cheers everyone, here goes nothing.  And here's to you Pam, wherever you are.  First up for comparison, this trio of 47mm PAM submersibles. Left to right:  What is supposed to be a 382 but in rose gold over steel;  a 616 but in PVD over steel; and the 616 in Carbotech. Using the Taylor scale that measures ounces to two decimal places, but I'm just using grams. And the RG on SS 1950 submersible weighs a stunning 180 grams!  Seriously, stunning:  you could knock someone out with one shot to the head with this! Next up, the PVD version of the Carbotech, PVD over SS. 148 grams, a few grams more than my Seiko Monster! And last of the submersible trio, my reason for living, the Carbotech 616 at a svelte 135 grams. 13 grams less than PVD on stainless steel with the same strap. I know, sweet, right???    I then became curious how these large watches compared to more *ahem* popular watches. On the subject of 47mm, here is my PAM 372 weighing in at 130 grams.  Slightly lighter than the Carbotech, but it is an all-dial watch with plexi crystals front and back. Next, the 44mm Marina Militaire at 122 grams, another all-dial watch with a plexi caseback, so not really surprising. Here is my Rolex Sub on SS bracelet weighing in at 139 grams. Obviously it would be less on leather. Last and least, how about the Rolex Air King, living up to it's name at an astonishing 55 grams! What makes the difference in similar watches?   Case material, bracelet material, movement type and material, case size, whether you press your thumb on the scale. .. Thanks for looking.  As I said, completely un-scientific!