Retrouk

New to watches

Retrouk

Hi all, I’ve recently discovered that I really like watches (mainly Rolex) and well I can find the money for a decent watch I can’t stretch to a sub or GMT. Therefore I’m here to gain replica knowledge.

GenTLe

Why of all the interesting brands out there, 90% of the people go for the boring Rolexes...

End of rant.

Only one suggestion: read carefully the welcome mail you got and all the new members sticky posts. And learn how a mechanical watch should be used not to kill it in the first 3 days...

BadApple

I had five Regmariners and sold them all because when I was out everyone assumes because it was a Rolex it was a fake / copy / replica.

As @GenTLe says look at other brands. Tudor and Panerai occupy my collection now . Have a look at those. Omega, Patek Philipe, etc..... but not boring Rolex.

Retrouk

Thanks guys & tbh I have looked at the Tudors and do like sum, the hulk Rolex is the one that has me interested in watches. 

RepGuy

Ignore people who tell you what to like. Although I'm not too into Rolex anymore, most people start there, which is a testimant to their marketing.

Get what you like, but make sure to research first. Utilize the search bar at the top of the site.

GingerApple

You think it's just marketing? No way. Some of their designs are awesome!

Oooooh OP, look at the shiny beauties....

https://puretime.io/catalogsearch/result/?q=arf+submariner+904L

Best get your wallet out....

I recommend Mary Watch as a TD though - Puretime just to look at

Retrouk
4 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

You think it's just marketing? No way. Some of their designs are awesome!

Oooooh OP, look at the shiny beauties....

https://puretime.io/catalogsearch/result/?q=arf+submariner+904L

Best get your wallet out....

I recommend Mary Watch as a TD though - Puretime just to look at

The Hulk is such a nice watch. Nothing like it out there, I was into tags before tho. I think the hulk sub will be my starter  watch and then see where it goes. 

Edited by Retrouk

RussP
28 minutes ago, Retrouk said:

The Hulk is such a nice watch. Nothing like it out there, I was into tags before tho. I think the hulk sub will be my starter  watch and then see where it goes. 

Most of us found RWG searching for a Rolex.

Some won't admit it.

You'll find other brands that might attract your attention, and loosen your purse strings so quickly........... you'll be reeling in shock and awe.

All good at the end of the day.

Lastly............welcome !

Glaude

I do agree that Rolex are boring in comparison to some other brands, but they remains classics and are worth considering if you can get past the fact that everyone that notice your watch will assume it's a fake. 

GingerBlubba had a Hulk once, but we are not allowed to talk about it....:giggle:

Welcome to the forum !