steviet21

First time buyer noob v8 vs vrf sub vs arf sub vs ap roo diver

steviet21

Hi! I've been lurking here for a few months now and decided to go ahead with my first purchase. However I'm torn between noob v8, submariner arf, submariner vrf and AP ROO diver. I've used the search function so please don't flame me for my noob questions:

General question: 904l steel vs 316L? What are the advantages? Is there a noticeable difference? Out of the watches I've listed, which are made from 904l? 

Rolexes:
Out of the 3 Rolexes which is the best out of the box, noob, vrf or arf?
Which of the 3 wold be best after modding?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the 3135 movement over 2836? 
What mods are recommended to make watch look more authentic?
Is the gold wrapping as good as an original or will it start to come off after a year or so of use?
Can you guide me to a reputable dealer who can apply such mods before sending?
I've been looking at intime03.co, is this dealer reputable?

AP ROO diver JF V9:

This is a beautiful watch and probably the one I will buy. 
I'm looking at intime and see two options as far as movements are concerned, Asian 2824 or swiss 2824, what are the advantages of Swiss movement over Asian? 
I've seen other ROO divers with "myoto" movement, is this any better? 
Any mods necessary?
What is the quality of the steel strap like? Or would it be better to use an original?

Thanks you all for your assistance and I'm sure I'll be posting here in the future.

Wriggles

You won't get flamed as this is the flame free zone, but to be totally honest the vast majority of the information you ask is here to be read and doesnt take much to find it. In fact the questions are so widely addressed it would appear you haven't really done much if any reading. You won't be spoon fed on the forum as these questions have all been asked dozens if not hundreds of times and members are generally tired of seeing and answering them. 

Always best to do your own research, it's part of the hobby as the more you learn the easier it will go. 

Del

Geez, that’s a long list of questions, some of which would take a lengthy reply. Many others are subjective too so you’d be better making up your own mind after reading the various threads on these subjects.

However, let me answer one of your questions, ALL of our Trusted Dealers are reputable.

In fact, here’s another - no Trusted Dealers do modifications.

And, while I’m on a roll, never buy a Swiss movement replica.

Think that’s the important ones answered! :D 

Oh, I nearly forgot. This is NOT an introduction so I’ve moved it to General Discussion.... ;) 

Joyjoyk

Buy the ARF sub. Dont ask me why, just do it.

steviet21

I read ARF has a new one out. Is that true or is it worth waiting? If I was to go with arf, what would need modding? (i saw pictures of a really dodgy rehaut from arf)

I wouldn't say the information is out there, or if it is it's not easy to find. What I HAVE found is loads of conflicting or severely outdated information loaded with acronyms i don't understand (above all about the movements, it seems opinion has changed in favor of the 3135?) which is the reason I posted these questions. 

I live in mexico and really dont want to have to send it off to be fitted with a new movement as postal and parcel delivery services here love to steal your stuff. Puretime does mods, I havent checked any of the others. Opinions on the Roo diver?

I appreciate the answers.

Edited by steviet21

Del
35 minutes ago, steviet21 said:

Puretime does mods,

Puretime is not one of our Trusted Dealers.

Honestly, I think you are fretting too much about modifications.  The ARF, VRF and Noob versions are so close to gen that unless you are literally giving it to someone to specifically ask them to identify if it is a fake or not then modifications are irrelevant. 

Whichever one you buy will be fake and will not be exactly like the genuine. Until you realise that then you will not be happy.  Plus, everyone thinks a Rolex is fake, even when it's not.... :rofl: 

black263

Since you've been a member for three hours, there is clearly a lot of reading still to do.  Start by following the links below, then read the stickies in the New Member and Introduction page.  Most of what you've asked can be found there.

Jibuti

I am canceling my only summer vacations and getting prepared to reply to all of your Qs, OP.... my fee is 450 EUR/hour..... pretty reasonable, rite....

RepGuy

Take time to research these questions yourself. As others have said, the answers are easily found if you would search, and through this research, you will learn more that will help you in the future.

duddlyboy
5 hours ago, steviet21 said:

Hi! I've been lurking here for a few months now and decided to go ahead with my first purchase. However I'm torn between noob v8, submariner arf, submariner vrf and AP ROO diver. I've used the search function so please don't flame me for my noob questions:

General question: 904l steel vs 316L? What are the advantages? Is there a noticeable difference? Out of the watches I've listed, which are made from 904l? 

Rolexes:
Out of the 3 Rolexes which is the best out of the box, noob, vrf or arf?
Which of the 3 wold be best after modding?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the 3135 movement over 2836? 
What mods are recommended to make watch look more authentic?
Is the gold wrapping as good as an original or will it start to come off after a year or so of use?
Can you guide me to a reputable dealer who can apply such mods before sending?
I've been looking at intime03.co, is this dealer reputable?

AP ROO diver JF V9:

This is a beautiful watch and probably the one I will buy. 
I'm looking at intime and see two options as far as movements are concerned, Asian 2824 or swiss 2824, what are the advantages of Swiss movement over Asian? 
Any mods necessary?
What is the quality of the steel strap like? Or would it be better to use an original?

Thanks you all for your assistance and I'm sure I'll be posting here in the future.

Chap i'm suprised you haven't been sent to the R Factory by the more tetchy members of the forum . It must be a quiet day or perhaps some of them have actually had sex with a real women that isn't their mom . Spend some time doing a bit of reading. The answers to your questions are on the forum , you just need to dig a bit . For instance 'can you guide me to a reputable dealer...' ? Chap there is a big tab at the the top of this page marked 'TRUSTED DEALERS'. 

I spent months and months on   RWI,RWG and Rep GEEK researching  before i purchased a watch .

As for the best watches etc go to the RWI clubroom and there is a copy of the 'consensual list ' of the best current reps( although this is changed and added to ) . There and the newbie section is a good place to start .

Just to help you out a bit  AP ROO diver JF V9 is considered a 'super rep' ( but IMO a truly awful looking watch) . As far as movement the 2824 is a Swiss movement produced by ETA , the Asian 2824 is a clone copy of this movement produced in China and put in rep watches. I think most people on here would go for the cheaper asian 2824 option( for various reasons)  . There is a section of rep watch movements you could read it and find out why yourself.

Edited by duddlyboy

On 15/08/2018 at 09:39, steviet21 said:

Best Rollie is from “myoto” factory