duddlyboy

NEW ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 and NEW ARF 904L 114300

duddlyboy

Seems that Puretime have just announced the imminent release of the above watches . As i believe JF/ARF are the same production line , it seems the 214270 is the already NWBIG with the correct EXPLORER font , curve on the three marker in 904L .So effectively a JF V3 214270  under the ARF moniker. The 114300 would be the JF 114300 the only  current OOTB Super Rep on the consensual list in 904L so effectively a V2 . They are also bringing out the new 2018 black and white dials . 

EXCITING ?

duddlyboy

Well i find it exciting , as they look like new and improved versions of the best OOTB Rolex reps out there . I guess people on here still love buying Submariner reps and colouring the bezels in with crayons .:irish_dance:

Edited by duddlyboy

Landlocked Surfer

Love the Explorer. Looking forward to seeing the update soon.

I bought one M2M a few months back. Clone 3132 movement so far has been rock solid and is well within COSC for time keeping  - well chuffed.

GingerApple
10 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

Seems that Puretime have just announced the imminent release of the above watches . As i believe JF/ARF are the same production line , it seems the 214270 is the already NWBIG with the correct EXPLORER font , curve on the three marker in 904L .So effectively a JF V3 214270  under the ARF moniker. The 114300 would be the JF 114300 the only  current OOTB Super Rep on the consensual list in 904L so effectively a V2 . They are also bringing out the new 2018 black and white dials . 

EXCITING ?

Yeah, I like the sound of this. Especially the Explorer, though the photo on the Puretime site doesn't look great imo. What photos have you seen to say the Explorer is NWBIG?

duddlyboy
9 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Yeah, I like the sound of this. Especially the Explorer, though the photo on the Puretime site doesn't look great imo. What photos have you seen to say the Explorer is NWBIG?

Sorry maybe I overstated the case , the current JF Explorer l 214270 is classed as First Class NWBIG on the RWI Consensual list . The watch now has the correct EXPLORER font and due to this it was promoted to Super Rep status for about a week . Until forum members pointed out the 3 was still the wrong shape ( too curved ) , and that the numbers were possibly too thin . Although having compared my JF to the gen , the number thickness is a photography issue IMO .

As JF/ ARF are the same factory hopefully they will finally put any faults right  . The Puretime Arf prototype to me , looks like it has the correct  font and 3 shape ( I'm not sure what you think ). Then all put into 904L case and bracelet and I think this watch could be the next Super Rep winner hopefully .

duddlyboy
9 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

As far as the 114300 is concerned ,  the Puretime announcement uses CGI images . However due to the relationship between JF/ARF i think it is reasonably safe to say the new watch will be the already 'Super Rep '  JF watch dropped into a 904L case and bracelet . If so  I think that is exciting , plus Arf are bringing out the new 2018 black and white dials .:chewbacca:In my very humble opinion the JF 214270 and 114300 are the best Rolex reps available , with an Arf upgrade there should be fights in the street to get them .:D

Edited by duddlyboy

Logixa

got a link?

GingerApple

Yeah, I'm kind of with Khronos on this one. But we don't know that this is the actual ARF picture. Plus we all know ARF often have awful pics of a prototype, then release a kick ass watch with all the faults sorted. So I'm still hopeful that the eventual release is great.

duddlyboy

Puretime have confirmed on a  RWI 114300 thread , that the new watch IS  the JF 114300 Oyster Perpetual in ARF 904 L . So same watch different steel .

Edited by duddlyboy

fatarms

I have been here for 6 and half years, and still learn new things by just reading threads in this forum.  I didn't know JF was the same factory as ARF.  How the hell did I miss that?

JimboJames1972

Very tempted by the Explorer, one of my favourite designs :-)

Bookmarked the page and will keep checking for when I can drop in my order...

Kyz

Here is a QC pic of my ARF 214270 I now have in hand.

Glaude
15 minutes ago, Kyz said:

Here is a QC pic of my ARF 214270 I now have in hand.

[Picture removed, QC pics are not allowed here]

Post your own pictures, as QC pics are not allowed on the forum as per rule :

:) 

Kyz

Here is a smartphone pic of my ARF 214270 I now have in hand.  If there is sufficient interest I'll get out my photo studio and take some more.

Edited by Kyz

GingerApple

If that's the best you can do with a smartphone, don't bother!

:rofl:

JimboJames1972

Definit interest here!

Whats it like now you have it in hand? Weight, feel, quality of edges and finish?

How is the movement and timekeeping? I’m seriously interested, please post new pics (or PM me some) if you can.

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, JimboJames1972 said:

Definit interest here!

Whats it like now you have it in hand? Weight, feel, quality of edges and finish?

How is the movement and timekeeping? I’m seriously interested, please post new pics (or PM me some) if you can.

Feels like a Gen Explorer to me. I haven't weighed mine, but I'd guess it's about right. Quality seems good, typical ARF finish. My timekeeping was dreadful, but post regulating it, it's bang on, +/- half a second a day. I like it a lot. Not got any photos to share at the mo though, soz.

McGilli
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

If that's the best you can do with a smartphone, don't bother!

:rofl:

You're really my inside voice aren't you?

The stuff I think, but would never say out loud....

Kyz

Weight and fit and finish feel good. Lume is a little weak but not a priority for me. Initial timekeeping has been uneven. I'll post some WatchCheck results in a week or two when I have enough stats.

TWE0p.jpg

Found these dial pics at puretime https://puretime.io/news/arf-new-214270-2.html

Edited by Kyz
Broken link

GingerApple
10 hours ago, McGilli said:

You're really my inside voice aren't you?

The stuff I think, but would never say out loud....

A little bit. You handsome devil.

I did abuse Mr Potato-for-a-camera  good naturedly.....

Xxxl

I just picked up a grey dial JF 114300. Great little watch, very interested in seeing what everything thinks of this V2

CurioLeo

My Explorer has been crap. It was so-so OOTB with time keeping , replaced the reversing gears with gen Rolex as recommended which somehow made it run worse with fucked power reserve so it got stripped down and fully serviced but under observation over the weekend it just stopped again.  Personal experience is that the SH3132 V2 is a shit movement.  Maybe I am unlucky,  don't know .... but I only buy consensus super reps with a gen Swiss movement whenever available and this was the first foray into clone movements which hasn't gone well.

Kyz

The rest might be Rolex compatible but looks like a Seagull balance to me

.VZr8HL.jpg