Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Rose Gold Black Seal on Panatime Lizard Strap

AllergyDoc

One of the watches I regretted selling was my RG Black Seal from Tony. I had that one on a honey gold croc strap from Panatime. I decided to change the strap color this time to make it more versatile.

I ordered it from Hont, whose procedures are identical to Ruby's before she set up her site. I have no idea if she still operates like this now. I sent Hont a pic of my old watch and he said no problem. $100 plus shipping plus 5% credit card fees = $126 shipped. He emails a picture of the watch, but doesn't put your name on a piece of paper next to the watch like Ruby did.

It arrived on an identical pleather strap as my old one did. In fact, I recall that my old strap smelled as bad as this one did. Rep straps at their worst. Watch has almost no lume on the hour markers and very little on the hands. It ticks like a time bomb. I consider this a "day" watch so I'm not interested in a lume job (at this time B) ). It has light AR the seems pretty effective.

3513836629_7f2a81c124_o.jpg

3513836681_4dea8a59ca_o.jpg

The Panatime lizard strap, at about $56 with shipping, improves the look and wear. The strap was fairly soft from the get-go. Not much breaking in to do.

3514645422_c69311edc2_o.jpg

3514645464_7fe0e7174b_o.jpg

Strap is extra long. I like having that extra tail in the keepers. (Who doesn't like a little extra tail? B))

3514645494_8a993c1d43_o.jpg

3514645528_bdb3c1450f_o.jpg

Took me 20 minutes to change straps due to the fiddly little Radiomir screws B) . I won't be switching strap on this one.

For about $175, it's a nice dress or dressy casual watch.

3513836885_b0c50beb86_b.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

JoeyB

Very classy looking watch. That's exactly the way I bought my President along with the DSSD from Hont. I had asked several other dealers and they all said no, but Hont came through. I bought a rep Mont Blanc fountain pen from him last year to match my gen ballpoint, and I love it. I like doing business with Hont, he seems to be good people.

AllergyDoc

I forgot to add that his English is much better than Ruby's was.

I'm considering rebuying a Super Avenger and will check with Hont if I decide to get one.

JoeyB

Lol! I never had contacted Ruby, but if her English was worse than Hont that's bad!! With the pen when all was pictured back and forth, and looked right I emailed the final complete description, picture. OK, and let him know I paid him. He wrote back "What fountain pen?" I thought I'd never see the pen. But it came quickly and is am almost perfect match for my gen.

I've been looking at the Navitimer World, I like GMTs! Any advice on it?

AllergyDoc

I don't know anything about that watch. Onze does. He'll be along some time, spamming up the board.

AllergyDoc

I have 2 rep pens. One from Fakie that he says he "made." It's some French name I forgot. It writes well because he used a gen refill but the cap won't stay on, which pretty much makes it useless for me. I also got a MB roller ball from Stan but it's crap. The cartridge was dry from the start and the pen was badly made. I have about 12 or 13 gen MB's. I don't know why I let Stan talk me into getting a rep.

JoeyB

I looked up the Super Avenger, I can't keep them all straight! Very nice watch too. You always have all the best looking ones, and so many! To think, I just wanted one very good rep Rolex GMT. So much for that plan!

AllergyDoc

I sold my Super Avenger because I thought it was top heavy. It was, but I still wish I had kept it. I would only wear it occasionally.

Here it is next to the Skyland Avenger, 49 vs. 44mm:

SASK1.jpg

SASK2.jpg

SASK3.jpg

JoeyB

I received the Sterling Silver Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Roller Ball as a gift about 12 years ago, had it engraved. I've always loved writing with a fountain pen, old guy! The roller ball is great, smooth as silk and I didn't really expect much from Hont's rep. I was surprised at how well it writes, very smooth and even when I 'glide'. I'd have never bought the gen at $1200. Of course with the computer I email now, print all my checks, and there is almost nowhere you can use a fountain pen any longer. But I got one!

JoeyB

Oh, those are gorgeous. My only concern is being able to read them. I had a Daytona before I came on these sites, that stopped working so I returned it for a GMT 50th non ceramic. It was black dial with silver chronos and hands, and I couldn't read it without glasses. I'd bet the Breitlings will be even harder to read. But...

Luthier

Beautiful Radiomir, just love it!!!

Except wire lugs.

Gorgeous honey strap, my favorite color!!!

Except too short for me...

Super Avenger is beautiful, especially with white dial.

Except it's too big even for my 8" wrist.

B):)B)

greg_r

Love the Radiomir, Doc. A Black Seal is fairly high on my wants list at the moment...

theflyingdutchman

Love it...and with those straps a killer...that is why I have 3+2...and one more ordered for a new strap!

2.jpg

trailboss99

As someone who normaly belives that Pams should have CGs, I like that! Nice watch.

Col.

AllergyDoc

:thumbsup:

I forgot the Dutchman has, like, 6 of these. It's easier to buy another one than swap straps.

greg_r

hehe - I'll admit I've been tempted to do the same thing...

bene3

The Radomir is lovely.

NFleischer

i think i'm gonna get one of those doc. josh has the RAD 8 days in RG for $138.

AllergyDoc

That's a good deal, Noel.

NFleischer

DSC00235.JPG

Here it is doc. i gotta put a plug in for stan @ Panatime. he put the band on for me and was really cheap.

i live in nyc so i can go down there in person .

Edited by NFleischer