ERROR404

Where to get a 7751 movement.

ERROR404

Besides Ebay, where else can I get a replacement 7751?

So far I only contacted Mary (from the TD list).... it has been a few days with no response, so I figured I'll ask here.

Thanks

semperfi55

The ETA or Asian clone? I've never tried looking for this movement but have you tried cousinsuk.com ?

ERROR404
45 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

The ETA or Asian clone? I've never tried looking for this movement but have you tried cousinsuk.com ?

cousinsuk.com shows as a gen ETA "Restricted"

I'm looking for an Asian replacement. 

Glaude
19 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

ETA is not selling part anymore outside their group (Swatch) so only a few place that have stock piled them could have them. Ebay is the way to go for gen otherwise firing up an email to @kuvarsit, @MrTimeZone or @Mary Watch to see if they can help you out with the Asian version

joeshmoe

out of curiosity what are you looking for the movement for? Are you doing your own mod?

GenTLe
automatico

There is a new one on eBay for $425.

eBay item number:  323360040232

MrTimeZone
On 16/08/2018 at 23:35, Glaude said:

ETA is not selling part anymore outside their group (Swatch) so only a few place that have stock piled them could have them. Ebay is the way to go for gen otherwise firing up an email to @kuvarsit, @MrTimeZone or @Mary Watch to see if they can help you out with the Asian version

Thanks for the shoutout @Glaude. I stock checked and the A7751 movement is available @semperfi55. :) 

semperfi55
3 hours ago, MrTimeZone said:

Thanks for the shoutout @Glaude. I stock checked and the A7751 movement is available @semperfi55. :) 

Cheers Mr TZ! Emailed you.

Glaude
18 hours ago, MrTimeZone said:

You're welcome, but I think it was @ERROR404 who was looking for it :) 

MrTimeZone
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

You're welcome, but I think it was @ERROR404 who was looking for it :) 

LOL I only read your post and you quoted semperfi, my bad. :giggle:  I hope @ERROR404 can read the news that the movement is available., if he still needs it that is (maybe he did get a reply from Mary). :D 

Rolars

Don't know if you can buy here, but they have a lot of movements: startimesupply.com

ERROR404

Thanks for all the help guys.  I forgot to go back and check this thread.  I end up getting a gen from ebay (it arrived today). It's going on a breitling Montbrilliant Datora rep.

I rarely wear my reps, so I didn't want to spend the money to fix it.... but at the same time it was more of a loss if I had a nice broken rep.

My options were:

1 have the rep movement serviced,  which would have been about $400 locally (I think, never had one this complicated serviced).

2 Buy a rep movement: $190 on Ebay 

3 buy a gen movement +/- $400 on ebay

4 sell it broken here for pennies 

Option 1 and 2 felt like throwing more money. Option 4 hurts to think about so I end up buying the gen replacement.

The watch already had an AR crystal and relume hands / dial, might as well finish it up with a gen (hopefully more reliable) movement.