bdnica

Women Wearing Men's Watches - Sharing Rules

bdnica

My Rolex Explorer II  (black dial) is my daily driver.  I really like it for myriad reasons.  She does too, but is not fond of bracelets.  I previously thought about getting a strap to swap out with the bracelet just to change things up and make it a bit more versatile.  Something like this:

rolex_explorer_rubber_5.png explorer_strap_6.jpg

But I'm afraid she might like it too much and dominate possession.  Given it's my daily driver, I'd rather keep it in the 'this is mine' grouping.   I really like Jasonbaylee and others use of multiple Subs.  I'm more of an Explorer guy than a Sub guy, so what about a Polar for her with an orange strap?    She smiled and raised her eyebrows when I showed her the pics.  And at times she'd be interested in something else, I'd swap it to the bracelet for personal use.

polar_orange_strap.jpgpolar_orange_strap_2.jpg

Not quite as subtle as matching subs, but.....?

GingerApple

Lol! Great picture. It paints the scene beautifully.

I'm totally with you on the Latina thing and I have the scars to prove it - my wife is Spanish. I love a feisty chic!

JohnCocktoastin
1 hour ago, bdnica said:

GingerBlubba I always enjoy your posts and the somewhat ambiguous nature of your sexuality.  I knew you'd find your way to this post and contribute in a meaningful way... and you have!

Thanks, you are correct... she's a sweetie.  But there's a reason she's referred to as the Nica Ninja.  Like most Latina's, her emotions are not hard to read.  And subject to change without notice.  Happy,  sweet and adorable can go to frightening instrument of chaos before you realize what happened.  High heels are favored not just from a fashion perspective but for the dual purpose they present.  

IMG_8741.jpg 

Fortunately, they return to their prior emotional state just as quickly.  So the key is vigilance, awareness and keeping track of things not to say or do.  Unlike previous wives who could internalize shit for years before melting down, immediate reaction/consequence is much better -  preferred.

lol My wife is Cuban, and this is definitely true (altho I don't think I've ever been hit with a shoe yet), but........

6e9000412710935d933a989db4942cb1.jpg

bdnica

OMG JohnCocktoastin that's perfect!  I'm stealing it for future use unless you tell me otherwise!  I caught a tacone (high heel) of significant weight in the kidney and once had an avocado launched at my head with the intent to do harm.  It missed and splattered up against the wall of my office.  I left a stain just as a reminder.  The strangest (maybe best?) part is immediately after each incident it was as if nothing had happened.  All back to normal.  And when questioned about her actions the response was always 'stop being such a drama queen!' or the like!  And it almost always starts by some perceived threat of some other chica. 

There is significant Cuban population here in Nica so we have a few Cuban friends, mostly married couples or in serious relationships.  I thought Nica girls were the craziest, most unpredictably dangerous Latinas.  But the stories from husbands/boyfriends with  Cuban wives/girlfriends lead me to believe competition for the  title would be a toss up!    But when the balancing test of positives vs negatives is applied, I'm very lucky to have her around as I'm sure you feel about yours too.

Love this pic!

bdnica
2 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Lol! Great picture. It paints the scene beautifully.

I'm totally with you on the Latina thing and I have the scars to prove it - my wife is Spanish. I love a feisty chic!

She must be a pretty cool chica to put up with you!  In addition to sharing her lingerie with you, do you share your watches with her?   If so, anything particular she prefers over the others?  I'm discovering the 'women like men's watches' is something I've seriously overlooked.  Latina's especially given they gravitate towards big, fun colorful statements with jewelry and accessories.  

redmack

Birthday present  early in the year, was hoping she might fall out with it. Not a chance.  No high heels involved she just sticks the head on me, just the way its done up North.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

probably worth a nutmeg in the boat race

IMG_0818.jpg

bdnica
53 minutes ago, redmack said:

Birthday present  early in the year, was hoping she might fall out with it. Not a chance.  No high heels involved she just sticks the head on me, just the way its done up North.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

probably worth a nutmeg in the boat race

IMG_0818.jpg

Very nice!  What's cool is it looks very different on you than it does on her.  Not sure if it's the light or the angle, but it looks great on both of you and bonus points for the different perspective it gives off.

redmack

Thank you, and its the light hitting the dial :D

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

GingerApple
1 hour ago, bdnica said:

She must be a pretty cool chica to put up with you!  In addition to sharing her lingerie with you, do you share your watches with her?   If so, anything particular she prefers over the others?  I'm discovering the 'women like men's watches' is something I've seriously overlooked.  Latina's especially given they gravitate towards big, fun colorful statements with jewelry and accessories.  

When it comes to jewellery, which is what she sees watches as, her tastes are more classical. I bought her a Gen Rolex for her 40th, which she loves, so she wears that 99% of the time. She's got a rep Cartier tank francaise I bought at some point that gets the spare 1%, but the only one she's ever worn of mine is, ironically, the watch above - the grape OP.

bdnica
18 hours ago, Jasonbaylee said:

2a2161078d8e56efc0479dfcc8c27cd4.jpg

My wife finds this sexy! Hahahaha

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

I like her... good call on both watch and spouse!  And the deju theory speaks for itself so she's cool and you're lucky!!

Glaude
2 hours ago, bdnica said:

once had an avocado launched at my head with the intent to do harm

Happened to me also... not the same type of avocado though ! :D 

bdnica
On 22/08/2018 at 19:06, Jasonbaylee said:

2a2161078d8e56efc0479dfcc8c27cd4.jpg

My wife finds this sexy! Hahahaha

It's amazing just how badly I cluelessly misjudged my wife's thing with watches.  I gave her links to a few of our TDs sites and told her to point out a few that floated her boat.  Earlier this morning I heard loud noice coming from downstairs which in any language clearly means 'come here right now!!'   I go downstairs and she's pointing at the computer with a big smile and says '¡Me gustan estos!'

iwc_carbon_pink.pngiwc_carbon_pink_2.png

iwc_carbon_yellow_2.pngiwc_carbon_yellow.png

I like IWCs and have a Portuguese Chrono, but had never seen/heard this one - (IWC INGENIEUR CARBON PERFORMANCE) - one pic is the gen pic, one from a TD well-known to all here.   My reaction was 'Amor, this is pretty badass for a chica... almost looks paramilitary?  You sure this is to your liking?'  She got kind of serious and said 'Si,  pero solo para chicas valientes.'  Hmmmm.  Guess there's a reason I call her the Nica Ninja but.....?

GingerBlubbadejuredmack,  Sigg,  Glaude others who's wives/girlfriends are part of the 'Men's Watch Club'... what's the reaction to this from your female sidekicks? 

Jasonbaylee - BTW, she went to the IWC options because, like your wife,  she really liked the one you posted above... her reaction more or less translated to 'it's powerful!.'.

The more I know, the less I understand....

Glaude
On 26/08/2018 at 17:49, bdnica said:

GingerBlubbadejuredmack,  Sigg,  Glaude others who's wives/girlfriends are part of the 'Men's Watch Club'... what's the reaction to this from your female sidekicks? 

Finally got round to ask the wife about the Nica Ninja choices.

She likes the overall look, not too busy dials, simple yet elegant and modern design. She would go for the red as she can't stand yellow and think red would go easier with various outfits

deju
On 23/08/2018 at 16:27, bdnica said:

My Rolex Explorer II  (black dial) is my daily driver.  I really like it for myriad reasons.  She does too, but is not fond of bracelets.  I previously thought about getting a strap to swap out with the bracelet just to change things up and make it a bit more versatile.  Something like this:

rolex_explorer_rubber_5.png explorer_strap_6.jpg

But I'm afraid she might like it too much and dominate possession.  Given it's my daily driver, I'd rather keep it in the 'this is mine' grouping.   I really like Jasonbaylee and others use of multiple Subs.  I'm more of an Explorer guy than a Sub guy, so what about a Polar for her with an orange strap?    She smiled and raised her eyebrows when I showed her the pics.  And at times she'd be interested in something else, I'd swap it to the bracelet for personal use.

polar_orange_strap.jpgpolar_orange_strap_2.jpg

Not quite as subtle as matching subs, but.....?

Go with polar on white rubber b strap 

570_DA52_A-738_E-4_D9_F-_BE67-94_CF64_F5

Jasonbaylee

The white strap Never strike me until i saw yr combo!!! Niceee

FL13

Here's my wife holding my 16570....

16789642_732182076944747_731587940602976

Edited by FL13
Photo Link went bad?

Retrouk
1 hour ago, FL13 said:

16789642_732182076944747_731587940602976

:daffy: nice erm watch

Glaude
1 hour ago, FL13 said:

giphy.gif 

in Section 8 .... 

FL13
On 30/08/2018 at 14:02, Glaude said:

giphy.gif 

in Section 8 .... 

Unfortunately the negatives were destroyed in a freak "I'll cut your balls off if you share these" event. ;)

chobbes72

I bought my wife an Apple Watch specifically to protect my watches from getting poached :D

Howitzer
On 22/08/2018 at 03:02, bdnica said:

She said to pick some that are 'something blue... but with a strap, not a bracelet.  I like straps better than bracelets.'

What about a blue Tudor Pelagos on rubber strap? Doesn't get much more blue than that! 

Howitzer

Or a blue Aquanaut?

Glaude
1 hour ago, FL13 said:

Unfortunately the negatives were destroyed in a freak "I'll cut your balls off if you share these" event. ;)

Understandable ! But still a shame ... :D 

donkacper

I just bought a Rolex Sea-Dweller 43 and decided to give my submariner to my wife, she loves it and I must admit it looks very sexy when she's wearing it :)

Wysłane z mojego BBB100-2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

fatarms

My wife will go through my watch box now and then and grab one to wear for the day.  She used to borrow my PAM 127 fiddy all the time when I had it.  Mind you, she's 5 feet tall.  It looked like a clock on her wrist.  She's borrowed other PAMs as well when I owned them.

She also tends to commandeer from time to time.  The most recent one was a 116300 DJ II with a red grape dial.  She "borrowed" it about a year ago, and it now resides on her watch stand :lol: