bdnica

Women Wearing Men's Watches - Sharing Rules

bdnica

My wife (a/k/a the Nica Ninja) has indulged my rep habit only because it's less problematic than other habits I'd likely develop.  I've bought her several nice rep Lady's Watches (28 mm - 36 mm) that she immediately tosses in a box never to be seen again.  The other day I was doing something she was helping with.  Took off my Seiko Solar and handed it to her for safekeeping while I fixed/repaired something (in a manly way, of course).  When I finished, she had put it on, refused to return it and has worn it for several days in a row.  

I see women wearing men's watches more frequently these days and think it's kind of cool.  The right watch with the right chica can be a sort of powerful, sexy statement.  Not sure a big Pam chrono or Hublot BB would work, but have seen women work Rolex Day-Dates and think 'well played girl!'    Anyway, my wife finally reveals it's not that she hates watches... she just hates the little, dainty ones I buy her.  She said something to the effect of;  'watches might be jewelry for men, but women have a different view of jewelry.  If we get dressed up and go out, you choose a dress watch.  I choose from my jewelry.  Real jewelry.  Not the stupid little decorated clocks you bought me.   Watches are an accessory for women, not jewelry.  And I like accessories that are big, fun, colorful, etc.'.

fullsizeoutput_580b.jpg

I got her point and asked her what sort of big, fun colorful watch she'd wear in addition to the Seiko Solar.  She said to pick some that are 'something blue... but with a strap, not a bracelet.  I like straps better than bracelets.'    First I'm thinking, 'Great, she's on board!  I can buy watches with less oversight and restriction!!  Then I realized 'Shit... I just doubled the budget without doubling my take!!'    

So here's the question:  for those who like and approve of women wearing men's watches, what's the thinking about sharing a watch with your wife?  If I buy one she likes that I like too, is their a rule that it can only be worn by one of the partners?   If not, I can acquire more without spending more.  But only if it's permitted by the collective mind of this Board.

Jasonbaylee

Nice buzz

In my small collection of gens, i have no qualms in allowing my spouse to wear them which she declined. It was after showing how easy it is to adjust the glide locks of the submariners that my spouse begins to wear them. We wear different submariners when we go out n it is interchangeable for us.

We still wear the Quartz watches we bought as a dating couple years back as it holds special meaning for us.

In this hobby, i will buy the models she like n i buy the models i like. As long it is not a feminine size, i will wear it.

I find ladies wearing men’s size watch very attractive hahah.

My friend’s wife wear a gen DSSD as her wrist is 7”! Killer look from guys!

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

bdnica
1 hour ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Nice buzz

In my small collection of gens, i have no qualms in allowing my spouse to wear them which she declined. It was after showing how easy it is to adjust the glide locks of the submariners that my spouse begins to wear them. We wear different submariners when we go out n it is interchangeable for us.

We still wear the Quartz watches we bought as a dating couple years back as it holds special meaning for us.

In this hobby, i will buy the models she like n i buy the models i like. As long it is not a feminine size, i will wear it.

I find ladies wearing men’s size watch very attractive hahah.

My friend’s wife wear a gen DSSD as her wrist is 7”! Killer look from guys!

Sounds like a great partnership!  I like the idea of having a 'yours - mine - ours' approach.  I'm going to pick a few that fit her criteria and that fit her taste.   And a few that meet her criteria that I like too and see what she picks out.  I think an AP 15202, with a  blue dial would look killer, but have to get past the 'don't like bracelets' thing.  She tried on my Explorer II.  She likes it on me, but says the bracelet is wrong for her.  If it has to be on a strap, maybe something from Nomos?

Would love to see a wrist-shot of your friend's wife rockin' a DSSD!!  Can't quite picture it but am sure you're right.  I saw a woman recently who was thin and not very tall totally rock a Rolex Day-Date with an ice blue dial.  If I hadn't seen it, I'd have thought 'bad idea' - but she rocked it!

zulu44gmt

Subs on women - sexy as hell - nato or rubber strap even better.

I chartered a boat last month while on holiday in Mexico, the owner - 35ish year old woman that was rockin a sub on rubber strap, cool as all can be. My 21 yr daughter looks good wearing a sub with nato- no pics for you pervs...

45mm radiomirs can look good on women as well- lug to lug isn’t that long

I can only wish my wife shared watches- she wears an apple and hasn’t looked back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramonessnl

When I met my wife she had no watch nog she has five :)thinking about buy her A female Bell&Ross or A sub kinda watch

robsterwebb

Er indoors love's my IWC Mark XVII, I'm always fighting her off that one when we go somewhere posh! 

Jasonbaylee

Tried this at AD...
7650e16cec41c64b18257da79a6a6c45.jpg

Next moment 1 week later.. on my wife’s wrist
209a7f0b60410741260065773c6ad88b.jpg

JimboJames1972

My other half only uses her watches as jewellery, rarely to tell the time.  We also have very different tastes; she goes for small, silver (sterling) pieces, I go for diver/sports and vintage.  Therefore we have a “hers” pile and a “definitely mine, keep your grubby mitts off” pile.

However, the idea of a girl with a man’s watch is great, I nominate Miss Pussy Galore and her GMT as my top pic...

Rolex GMT

Sigg

It’s a trend that’s becoming more popular. Looking forward to following this thread. I too have provided the other half with the 28-36mm watches I thought she would love but they have never been seen again.  She has some larger 40 mm Michael Kors bling etc for nights out but this has given me new ideas.  This is a great excuse to justify another Sub, the idea with the rubber strap for sports is superb. I think the DSSD might be too much though. Looking forward to further posts for inspiration, I love RWG.

OP That pic with the Seiko is pure class.

bdnica
55 minutes ago, Sigg said:

OP That pic with the Seiko is pure class.

Thanks!  She has a good sense of style, so am looking forward to one type of watches she's drawn to.  

Jasonbaylee the Tudor... with a strap... is a great choice.  Truth be told, it looks better with her!   I really like the idea of having multiple strap options.  Especially given that her criteria includes 'fun' as a requirement. 

I was flipping through some TD sites when she woke up and walked in to my office.  She was looking over my shoulder and said 'Me gusta eso!' pointing at this Tag:

tag_aquaracer.png

I've had my eye on the new Bathyscaphe just released but she wandered off before a could get her take.  It's blue with a sailcloth strap, but not sure you'd call it 'fun'?  At lease as she defines it.  I like it and think it would look great on her too.... we'll see.

blue_ceramic_bathy.jpg 

bdnica

Would love to see some more wrist shots of wives/girlfriends wearing men's watches.  Need to change my perspective and visual aids always help!

Jasonbaylee

Bdica, i cant deny that it looks better on her n it has been till now haha
Thats what my wife said too! She finds the norm ladies watches boring! Corresponding i think yr wife meant fun as the watch must oozes Sportiness and Sexiness.
That blue baby Bathyscaphe is a great choice! You cant go wrong with it !

bdnica
12 minutes ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Corresponding i think yr wife meant fun as the watch must oozes Sportiness and Sexiness.
That blue baby Bathyscaphe is a great choice! You cant go wrong with it !

Really like where your head's at on this!  Plus you've provided me cover to order it without fear of consequence due to a) I honestly believe it will look better on her than me, and b) I can point to this thread and tell her 'Amor, guys from all over the world who know watches think you'll totally rock this Blancpain!"

Thanks man, owe you one!

Jasonbaylee

Bdnica thumb up!

Glaude

I've really never understood how it can be such a thing as men or women watches, these are all watches, even the blingy one can perfectly fits the will and needs of a man.
Beside the wrist size difference that could require a smaller watch, I don't really see watches affected by gender. 
I could easily wear an iced watch or even a gaytona (not the leopard one though).

There are some men sized watches that are far more blingy and "girly" than some lady-sized ones.

My take on that is that if the missus find something appealing in my collection (she doesn't) she can wear it all day long and I would do the same if she had a collection :) 

EBB

If the watch fits the wrist then it doesn't matter. It looks silly on men and women when the lugs are overhanging.  

deju

Men’s watches on women is highly fashionable with women.

google “the boyfriend watch”

I like  men’s watches on women, the small watches are far too old lady for me. 

If a woman doesn’t want to wear your watch, you’re never getting laid. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, deju said:

:rofl: 

Jasonbaylee

Hahahaha... this cracked me up. Thx deju.
From now i or rather we, shld offer our watches to the ladies. Just kidding

bdnica
6 hours ago, deju said:

You just made my day!  Well played!  

Jasonbaylee

2a2161078d8e56efc0479dfcc8c27cd4.jpg

My wife finds this sexy! Hahahaha

GingerApple
15 hours ago, Glaude said:

I've really never understood how it can be such a thing as men or women watches, these are all watches, even the blingy one can perfectly fits the will and needs of a man.

So true mate.

I hate the way things are divided amongst the sexes.

Women's underwear for example. Who says I can't wear it? Especially when it feels so smooth and silky against my body....

By the way bdnica, nice photo. Wifey looks cute. Good work.

Jasonbaylee
So true mate.
I hate the way things are divided amongst the sexes.
Women's underwear for example. Who says I can't wear it? Especially when it feels so smooth and silky against my body....

Hahahaha...

Glaude
5 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

I knew you would understand me ! 

bdnica
6 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

GingerBlubba I always enjoy your posts and the somewhat ambiguous nature of your sexuality.  I knew you'd find your way to this post and contribute in a meaningful way... and you have!

Thanks, you are correct... she's a sweetie.  But there's a reason she's referred to as the Nica Ninja.  Like most Latina's, her emotions are not hard to read.  And subject to change without notice.  Happy,  sweet and adorable can go to frightening instrument of chaos before you realize what happened.  High heels are favored not just from a fashion perspective but for the dual purpose they present.  

IMG_8741.jpg 

Fortunately, they return to their prior emotional state just as quickly.  So the key is vigilance, awareness and keeping track of things not to say or do.  Unlike previous wives who could internalize shit for years before melting down, immediate reaction/consequence is much better -  preferred.