ruddz

Tudor Black Bay go gen or rep ?

redmack
15 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Amazing taste in watches mate - trés chic.

Your taste in ornamental birds however........

ha ha cheers Ginge, i like it so much I've bought 3 different leather straps, just to give it a different look every now and again

redmack
16 hours ago, Del said:

I probably shouldn’t answer but what the heck! :lol:

I bought the gen BB four years ago and haven’t regretted it for a second. ;) 

However, just in case you don’t want to take the best course of action, here’s my comparison of the gen with a V1 rep..... :giggle:

It was this exact review of yours that pushed me to buy the rep in the first place mate :D, top quality comparison which a Noob like me needed at the time when buying my first rep, good info explaining all the flaws and good points  clearly cheers Del.

Del
10 minutes ago, redmack said:

It was this exact review of yours that pushed me to buy the rep in the first place mate :D, top quality comparison which a Noob like me needed at the time when buying my first rep, good info explaining all the flaws and good points  clearly cheers Del.

:thumbsup2:

Devil

I have both the gen Black Bay Blue with a rose dial and two other black bay black/red that are reps, honestly it's very hard to tell the difference but as previously stated it's a solid investment to go box and papers and pick yourself up a gen, not too dear either.

Jackflash

Only trouble with the rose dial rep is that that the rose logo is missing a petal, at least partially. Naturally hard to spot on the wrist, but noticeable when you know what to look for. Thanks to the in-house movement the shield version is too thick (both gen and rep). Thankfully the fifty-eight rep isn’t too far away according to Angus of Puretime. With a 39mm dial and 11.9mm height, it’s nicely proportioned. Now that I’m looking forward to.
621aadcb5c5a0f798dec847bc3710e65.jpg

Topcat72m

I just ordered the rose dial version from intime. 

I received the QC pics today. It will be sent pretty soon. 

Edited by Topcat72m

deju
On 22/08/2018 at 19:09, BADAPPLE said:

I've just offloaded my Submariners as everytime I wore one people just assumed it was fake.

I've topped up my collection with PAMs BUT I'm now moving into Tudor - they look Rolexish but people don't assume they are fake.

I've a Black Bay Bronze Blue rep which is just awesome and I've a RegBay inbound as my daily beater. I will add another Tudor as my next purchase.

I've a big 60 birthday looming and will be getting a gen as promised by my missus - my choice will be the Pelagos LHD - circa £3k but in my eyes blows Rolex out of the water.

As said above - get rep Tudors but if your'e getting a Gen keep away from your chosen Gen model. 

The more I am around Tudor the more I like them as a go to over Rolex very much like you say, a Tudor, whether rep or gen flys under the radar and are very much to the level of Rolex. 

They attract the right kind of attention too 

I personally think they have nicer bracelets and with a bit of heft make great tool watches. 

I just got a rep ranger and just wow, instant daily. Brilliant power reserve. I’ve seen the gen for £1600 so no justification to go gen. 

As a south paw a LHD is very much on the radar for me. 

Glaude
3 hours ago, Topcat72m said:

I just ordered the rose dial version from intime. 

I received the QC pics today. It will be sent pretty soon. 

ruddz

Yeah I cant wait for the 58!