Svenborg

Trusted Dealer list: Puretime

Svenborg

Hi, I notice that several member recommendations on the forums are for watches on Puretime.  I notice that they are not on the official Trusted Dealers list. I have found two watches I want to buy from them, but was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and what the experience was. 

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

Hi, I notice that several member recommendations on the forums are for watches on Puretime.  I notice that they are not on the official Trusted Dealers list. I have found two watches I want to buy from them, but was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and what the experience was. 

They’re a trusted dealer at the sister forum RWI. 

All dealers can get pretty much everything if it’s repped, just send the info to a dealer here. 

Good luck :thumbsup2:

Tits McGee

Puretime is not a TD here. Stick with the trusted dealers listed here. 

greg_r

Puretime are trusted on other fora, but not here, as we've been less than impressed with them. If, however, you choose to buy from them, make sure you use the correct website - there are a number of scammers out there pretending to be puretime.

As Pickle says, all the dealers have access to the same stuff, so there are plenty of options out there, 

Svenborg

Thanks guys

I’ve collected Gens for years.  A couple of years a ago I was offered a Rolex Rep. thought I’d buy it and see what happens. Not the best Rep and a year later it stopped working. I opened it and saw an ETA clone movement. I think the mainspring has broken. Left the watch in the box for the last couple of years. I haven’t been able to find a Watchmaker willing to work on the Rep. 

I’m now looking for really good quality Reps. PP Nautilis and a Rolex Daytona with silver face.  I have found them on websites like Best Replica, Swiss Time and Solid Swiss. Not that I believe all the hype about Swiss made. However, their watches are good quality.  I think they are however over pricing them.  I know they don’t have a great reputation (all over Hello Peter). So I’m looking for another supplier of top quality Reps. I’m comfortable to pay a bit more for the right quality. So I’m asking the experienced people on this forum.  I just don’t want to order something from a hoot on a site and get something else. As long as they send me what I ordered, I’m fine with it.

Tits McGee
8 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

Thanks guys

I’ve collected Gens for years.  A couple of years a ago I was offered a Rolex Rep. thought I’d buy it and see what happens. Not the best Rep and a year later it stopped working. I opened it and saw an ETA clone movement. I think the mainspring has broken. Left the watch in the box for the last couple of years. I haven’t been able to find a Watchmaker willing to work on the Rep. 

I’m now looking for really good quality Reps. PP Nautilis and a Rolex Daytona with silver face.  I have found them on websites like Best Replica, Swiss Time and Solid Swiss. Not that I believe all the hype about Swiss made. However, their watches are good quality.  I think they are however over pricing them.  I know they don’t have a great reputation (all over Hello Peter). So I’m looking for another supplier of top quality Reps. I’m comfortable to pay a bit more for the right quality. So I’m asking the experienced people on this forum.  I just don’t want to order something from a hoot on a site and get something else. As long as they send me what I ordered, I’m fine with it.

You have a lot of reading to do before you get in the game. If reading and homework are not your thing, I highly suggest you stick with Gen watches. BEFORE you jump right in make sure to read the ENTIRE right side of the home page here. It says: NEW MEMBERS MUST READ THESE FIRST! 

New Members almost never read those. I hope you'll be different and Welcome!

GenTLe
You have a lot of reading to do before you get in the game. If reading and homework are not your thing, I highly suggest you stick with Gen watches. BEFORE you jump right in make sure to read the ENTIRE right side of the home page here. It says: NEW MEMBERS MUST READ THESE FIRST! 
New Members almost never read those. I hope you'll be different and Welcome!
Oh well, if he will not read them he will most probably be scammed or will get some "real" Swiss movement crap.

Zactarus

What dealer did you buy from? It might be useful to compare. I've bought a few reps which probably won't last a year, but they aren't the ones which are considered the best available currently. 

efajri

Puretime is having payment processing issue. PP is out of the question now. No WU/MG anymore, CC payment is frequently failed and many banks have blocked wire transfer to PT.  The only payment option they offer right now is Bitcoin. 

Svenborg

Thanks guys

Against all the good advice from the experienced experts on this site, I went ahead and bought from a dealer that isn’t on the AD list.  Not that I believed all the hype about Swiss craftsmen and Swiss clone and 904L SS, I did hope that it would be better quality than the cheaper versions.  I know I paid too much. It isn’t a bad watch. Some issues with the strap which I have sorted. Opened the back and it is the movement they said it would be. Runs reasonably well, quiet and smooth. But isn’t made in Switzerland.  One thing, the stainless steel is super silver, which doesn’t look anything like any other 316L I have seen.

Anyway, I have taken the Mods advice and read everything that a newbie should know on the home page. A lot of info on this site. It took a long time and I don’t think I will remember everything, but very valuable.  I would encourage everyone starting out and who are as pedantic as I am to read it. It gives good info on watches, sources and technical detail. What it also does is give the reader a good sense of reality and what they are getting into. I must say, I had to “man up” or get out of buying reps after reading it. But, good info and I’m confident that with the help of the experience found on this forum, this could be a great new opportunity to collect watches which I can wear with pride. And more importantly save myself from buying crap.

I’ve even gone out and bought the tools to do the basic work on the watches.  Clearly the watches will not be perfect when they get here, so I need to make sure all the screws are tight, seals are greased and gears are oiled.

Thanks so far. I’m thinking that I will be leaning on your insights, or that of the site a lot still.

BenjaminButton

In my generally confused and misjudged opinion......

Not using a TD or the M2M section is simply 100% in opposition to everything this sites about when it comes to buying quality reps with the forums support - both from moderators and members - TD’s and M2M are the only route. But we all have to start the journey somewhere. Good luck.

Svenborg

Thanx BB. I know I was taking a chance to go “outside the circle”. For many it hasn’t worked out, but for me it did this time round.  Although I over paid. I have been engaging the TDs from this site over the last week and they seem to have what I’m looking for.  So after my extensive reading on this site, I will use the TDs going forward.  I am yet  to get into M2M.

BadPickle
4 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

Thanx BB. I know I was taking a chance to go “outside the circle”. For many it hasn’t worked out, but for me it did this time round.  Although I over paid. 

so it didn't "work" then cos you paid too much :ohwell:

long before even i arrived here the admin/mods work tirelessly with the select few dealers to ensure you/we get a good deal, that is get what you ordered at a fair price, your first reply (hello that was me BTW :wave: ) told you that. 

but hey... you can cure bacon but you can't educate pork 

welcome to the forum

Svenborg

I’ll get there. Sometimes we learn through reading and sometimes through a bit of a slap.    :happy:    Realizing I had paid too much, I decided to invest time into doing the reading. So, lesson learned.

McGilli
13 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

I’ll get there. Sometimes we learn through reading and sometimes through a bit of a slap.    :happy:    Realizing I had paid too much, I decided to invest time into doing the reading. So, lesson learned.

The best thing to do - would be to post some photos here of the watch you received and let us look at it. And that's because we all love watches, and we'd love to see what you got that you paid too much for. Don't worry about paying too much now - it's done - and if you genuinely enjoy the watch that's great. 

Many, many people get ripped off ordering from places that are not TD's. Maybe they get no watch at all, or it looks nothing like what it should be, or it's broken when it arrives and the store will not help them.

Show some photos of your watch, tell us what you like about it - then join some forum discussions about your 'next' watch purchase :) Good luck.

BenjaminButton

Honestly how fucking difficult is it. The sections for new members here are so clear and easy to understand and anyone able to compose a decent post will have zero difficulty comprehending the basic principles of this forum for replica watches. I joined and may have been a parnis owning twat but I read the recommended threads for newcomers and bought a great watch from a TD. Simples as those irritating Meerkats say.

Oh and Happy Mondays

Mrchin

Hi,

this is not my first time buying a replica watch from a trusted dealer, but this was the first time I bought from puretime.

puretime has a huge selection and the pricing is decent but some watches are on the pricier end, so do your research and shop around.

I purchased a breitling barnato from puretime on July 7th, it took them 2 weeks to send me QC pictures which is RIDICULOUS!!! Anyways, I finally received my package a week later and I was very happy...at first. The watch was beautiful, identical to the real one but when I took it out of the package, I noticed a sound. A very LOUD clanking sound coming from the inside so I emailed them and I got a quick response. They told me to ship it back but I would have to pay for the shipping...why do I have to pay for the shipping? I wasnt the one that sent a faulty watch and I wasn't the one that packed the watch inproperly. They said something came loose probably during shipping, but how is that my fault and why am I being punished for that. 

I decided to open the back to see what the noise was and it turns out I was right, it was the rotor plate. It came off from the middle crank that spins it. I took some pics and vids and i emailed them and we even spoke on WeChat. Elaine/jason advised me they will send a replacement part on July 24th. I contacted them multiple times and each time they said the manufacturer is waiting for the parts. Today I contacted them again AND NOW THEY SAID THE WATCH IS OUT OF STOCK AND FOR ME TO SEND IT IN FOR REPAIRS,  which I HAVE TO PAY FOR!

its been 2 months and no solution and lies.

they even suggested to find a local watch repair shop to fix but obviously it comes out of my pocket!

I read that there are alot better and responsible dealers out there. Ones that will take care of you until you are satisfied, especially when there's an issue and it wasn't my fault.

please seek another watch dealer from the trusted dealer list.

just wanted to share my horrible experience with puretime

BenjaminButton
Hi,

this is not my first time buying a replica watch from a trusted dealer, but this was the first time I bought from puretime.

puretime has a huge selection and the pricing is decent but some watches are on the pricier end, so do your research and shop around.

I purchased a breitling barnato from puretime on July 7th, it took them 2 weeks to send me QC pictures which is RIDICULOUS!!! Anyways, I finally received my package a week later and I was very happy...at first. The watch was beautiful, identical to the real one but when I took it out of the package, I noticed a sound. A very LOUD clanking sound coming from the inside so I emailed them and I got a quick response. They told me to ship it back but I would have to pay for the shipping...why do I have to pay for the shipping? I wasnt the one that sent a faulty watch and I wasn't the one that packed the watch inproperly. They said something came loose probably during shipping, but how is that my fault and why am I being punished for that. 

I decided to open the back to see what the noise was and it turns out I was right, it was the rotor plate. It came off from the middle crank that spins it. I took some pics and vids and i emailed them and we even spoke on WeChat. Elaine/jason advised me they will send a replacement part on July 24th. I contacted them multiple times and each time they said the manufacturer is waiting for the parts. Today I contacted them again AND NOW THEY SAID THE WATCH IS OUT OF STOCK AND FOR ME TO SEND IT IN FOR REPAIRS,  which I HAVE TO PAY FOR!

its been 2 months and no solution and lies.

they even suggested to find a local watch repair shop to fix but obviously it comes out of my pocket!

I read that there are alot better and responsible dealers out there. Ones that will take care of you until you are satisfied, especially when there's an issue and it wasn't my fault.

please seek another watch dealer from the trusted dealer list.

just wanted to share my horrible experience with puretime

Have you contacted a RWG mod?

BenjaminButton

Actually fuck that.

Whining cunts one and all. The system here works because of the rules and guidelines on how the TD process works. If you don’t follow them .... then in my humble opinion you should fuck off from RWG. Uber low post count and then you dip in with an out and out rant about a TD. Mods decide, this is RWG not a fucking cornerstone of democracy it’s a replica watch autocracy. Fuck me and fuck you.

Smiley face.