ruddz

Longines watches, what should I get ?

ruddz

I was gonna go for a gen Tudor Black Bay but that changed quite a bit after few inputs from the members here. And now I am thinking about putting my money into a Longines legend diver (super compressor) or the Longines heritage 1967.

I belive they are both from the heritage line from Longines ?

I´ve tried them both out and like them both,  but anyone here that has owned eather of them and has some input ?

Or just general opinion or input ?

SteveA

Longines are an established quality watchmaker but in my view very under appreciated.I have a ten year old hydro conquest bought new and it’s still immaculate and buttery smooth.

personally I like the Heritage.

Theviking

Longines is a beautiful choice, very classic and understated. I love the heritage range, especially the flagship. A timeless design.

ruddz
52 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Longines are an established quality watchmaker but in my view very under appreciated.I have a ten year old hydro conquest bought new and it’s still immaculate and buttery smooth.

personally I like the Heritage.

Yeah I never had a Longines but heard great time and I really like the Heritage line as always been a fan of vintage watches. But I am not just quite sure if I should go for the super compressor diver or the 1967 :/

ruddz

It sure looks great on mesh !

Myndaniðurstaða fyrir Longines Legend Diver Watch

ruddz

No one has any experience with these watches ? :/

greg_r

Yes, I've owned an LLD. Great watch although in my case it didn't get enough wear (I have too many watches :lol: ), so I sold it on recently. I still have a hydroconquest chrono and am considering a master collection moonphase ( I have a rep of the latter, but it's not terribly reliable).

Highly underrated brand - don't hesitate.

ruddz
14 minutes ago, greg_r said:

Yes, I've owned an LLD. Great watch although in my case it didn't get enough wear (I have too many watches :lol: ), so I sold it on recently. I still have a hydroconquest chrono and am considering a master collection moonphase ( I have a rep of the latter, but it's not terribly reliable).

Highly underrated brand - don't hesitate.

Thank you, guess I am gonna take the jump on LLD but I also have had my eyes on the master collection moonphase but at the moment I need a diver :D

Del
3 hours ago, ruddz said:

Thank you, guess I am gonna take the jump on LLD but I also have had my eyes on the master collection moonphase but at the moment I need a diver :D

I really like the LLD too and have been very close to picking one up on several occasions.  Mind you, I have a gen Black Bay and wouldn't trade that for the LLD in a month of Sundays! :lol: 

simey83

Excellent, excellent brand! I'm a huge fan of the hydroconquest range. This was my latest pickup, a few months ago. Ridiculous build quality!!

9da7613ee08b98442657dd5720c116e1.jpg

Simey

ruddz

Yes everyone that talks about Longines tell me how underrated it is, I am getting more and more interested in the brand! :)

MAJ75

A Longines thread is a good opportunity to put this one into the mix............my go to watch for dressier occasions...........

LGMOON8.jpg

ruddz
18 minutes ago, MAJ75 said:

A Longines thread is a good opportunity to put this one into the mix............my go to watch for dressier occasions...........

LGMOON8.jpg

That´s quite nice, how old is this ?

MAJ75
1 minute ago, ruddz said:

That´s quite nice, how old is this ?

2012 production year.

greg_r

longines_130513.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

My current collection. First one is gen. Last one is broken. Again... :facepalm:

EmQue

@greg_r oh man that sucks, I was actually thinking about getting the master collection, is it a known problem child?

greg_r

rep chronos... what can I tell ya? :facepalm:

SackOHammers

I'm a huge fan of the Longines master collection.  I prefer over Breguet.  I've worn that and my Tudor Black Bay the most over the last 2-3 years.
I really like the simple Longines with the date number at the 3 o'clock position.  No month.  I prefer the date at 3 over the 6.
The guilloche pattern on the white dial catches my eye every time.  And those blue hands against the white dial.  It may be simple and understated, but I like it.
I've also got the moonphase chrono one.  There's just too much going on with that watch.  Too busy.  Plus, its got the issues that all of the Valjoux 7750 clones have.  You have to be very careful how you set the date (watch at 5:30 PM) and all that goes with those clones.
Looks fantastic though.