mailit2si

1st review and limited introduction

mailit2si

Hi Forum,

have always owned a watch...from that first timex, then an accurist, a rotary, a seiko kinetic, citizen and various others and then my breitling from the streets of sukamvit the fact the breitling outlived them all says more about my lack of care more than the durability of said watches.

SO rather than another trip of decadence to thailand :o  earlier this year i thought i'd do some online research  into online replica shopping.

Thankyou for existing community!! your existence meant it may be possible to find a RD :)

quickly i chose a RD and browsed their website but in my eagerness rather than read the purchase guides on the forum i selected a watch and paid using the websites shopping basket and checkout 

some days later email from admin: 'watch not in stock' "please select another watch"

me: selects watch

admin: 'watch not in stock' "please select another watch"

me: selects watch

admin: 'watch not in stock' "please select another watch"

me: Exasperated "what is in stock then???"

admin: equally exasperated "what watch do you want?????"

me: selects handful of watches howabout "a, b, c, x, y, z?"

admin "all in stock"

me: :-/

that must have gone on for a week what with them having to go back to the factory to see if the watch was in stock and the time difference, i'm in NZ.

from selecting a watch in stock to seeing the QA pics was around 5 days from approving the QA pics to the watch dispatching another couple days, watch arrived on my doorstep 3 days later!!!!!!!  

That was the beginning of June.

i've worn my watch everyday never take it of in the shower, hot long soapy showers twice a day hahahahaha.

my review.

DEALER

service from the dealer was exceptional cant fault them at all. communication was constant and they did their best to accommodate my frustrations from my watch choices. 

(i know in future to confirm my timepiece is in stock before completing the transaction)

QA pics were real, there was a clear flaw on the case work near the lug, but i approved anyway and for sure the watch i received is the one in the QA pics

delivery was super super fast i coudnt believe it when i got home from work and the package was there it must have bypassed customs "toy watch" lol

WATCH

its water tight :) 

the leather straps have both given way by the lugs. just all that hot water and constant soaking just weakened them. I've modded them with some rubber tags so all good for now.

the rotor has fallen off last week, but i have knocked the face of the watch pretty hard a couple of times , it falls about the case and jingles sometimes now, but hand winding the watch every day or so is no problem. i opened the case to try and put it back on the screw is so tiny....lasted about a half a day ..cant be bothered to do it again as the seal integrity will be compromised after a second opening.

it has kept almost perfect time, loses about a minute over the course of a week.

its beautiful, domed crystal, super lume, best lume ive ever seen. bit too thick to wear under a dress shirt...or any shirt lol but its a handsome and eye catching time piece.

I'm really happy, i've used this as a test really, the watch i chose was in the lower price point, and the RD has actually provided a watch from a higher price bracket a 'better replica'

which is partly the reason i approved the flaw on the QA pic (didnt wanna push my luck hahaha)

i'm about to make my second purchase and am really excited this one i will be taking alot of care with  

my old breitling 2000-2015 r.i.p 

Edited by mailit2si
cant upload pics??

GingerApple

Wow, you really jumped in with both feet, lol!

It looks like you just about did okay out of it, perhaps more by luck than judgement.

If you hang around here, you'll get to learn which watches are new/current and therefore likely to be available (rather than 'in stock' - nothing hardly is in stock - the TDs take your money, then try and fulfill your order. 'In stock' is basically a lie).

Also some TDs are more up front about which watches are available. I personally like Mary of Mary Watch.

Re pic upload, use Picr. Once uploaded, the second 'embed code' down is the one you need to paste into the thread.

mailit2si

thanks for the info, ill try upload my crappy pics hahahaha

KMDWK.md.jpg KMZhe.md.jpg KMEcT.md.jpg KMWaA.md.jpg KMboQ.md.jpg KM1Wf.md.jpg KMJhX.md.jpg KMURp.md.jpg KMRms.md.jpg KMMoh.md.jpg KMspD.md.jpg KM27U.md.jpg KMPR8.md.jpg KMwm3.md.jpg KM8wb.md.jpg

GingerApple

See, easy!

That movement looks......

interesting......

mailit2si

thanks i didnt do anything differently just worked this time. hahaha.....it still works surprisingly... ... cost about $30 usd back in 2000

semperfi55

Welcome to the forum! :) 

Wow the watch still runs after being in the shower?!?!

Water Resistance claims for these watches are unreliable. Best to test the waterproofing yourself or with a watchsmith before subjecting to showers ;)

What's your next one gonna be?

mailit2si

thanks for the welcome, yeah almost 3 months of showers and not a hint of moisture to be seen when i opened the case yesterday to try and get the rotor back on.

i'm wanting a Avenger II GMT BlackSteel with nylon leather strap and stick markers, mainly because its smaller and wont push shirt cuffs buttons to their limit :) 

gran
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

See, easy!

That movement looks......

interesting......

6NCtsbd.gif

deju

Thank you for taking the time to review and introduce yourself! 

I hope you enjoy your time here. 

Definately if you’re rougher with watches, avoid watches with complications like sub dials or dates which should help, try a panerai 111 it’s a great watch and should take a beating! 

GingerApple
52 minutes ago, gran said:

6NCtsbd.gif

I'm not sure how to take that!!?!

Nor who you are!

Clearly an old hand.

Hello.

:wave:

mailit2si
7 hours ago, deju said:

Thank you for taking the time to review and introduce yourself! 

I hope you enjoy your time here. 

Definately if you’re rougher with watches, avoid watches with complications like sub dials or dates which should help, try a panerai 111 it’s a great watch and should take a beating! 

cheers, yeah sub dials was a requirement of youth, now i like a plain face well as plain as breitlings get :D

mailit2si

and my next order is in ...cant wait for this beauty to arrive :) 

16_9942ef70-1b9c-4034-9ec7-08f25435e7b5_

semperfi55

:drool:

mailit2si

:drool:totally!!!

mailit2si
On 26/08/2018 at 08:09, mailit2si said:

and my next order is in ...cant wait for this beauty to arrive :) 

16_9942ef70-1b9c-4034-9ec7-08f25435e7b5_

watch has arrived, i wasnt in to sign for it so will be picking it up tomorrow from the post shop :)  cant wait 

Ramonessnl

Nice watch! Hope you review it:)

mailit2si

i will 

mailit2si

1st Reaction:

out of the box,

still wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap and zip lock bag, compared to the "avenger seawolf" it was discernibly heavier

once fully unwrapped it was also discernibly smaller...much smaller (this will take some getting used to)

close up inspection causes a smile to slowly creep across my face, this is flawless i find a B inscribed on the edge of the bezel midpoint between 11 and 12 the final tell tale mark of authenticity :D

setting the time, date and GMT movement i wind up the already running timepiece screw the crown back in and fit to wrist.

The black nylon, leather backed strap is of high quality (if a bit stiff ) i tighten the strap to the 2nd to last hole.

Knowing the version i purchased has the "quote"  Nickel Plated Asia Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J 28800bph with Working GMT Function & Decorated Rotor,

Gives me confidence the inside workmanship is of a high standard also...this is a very nice watch.....after 20 mins of wear i have gotten used to the smaller less in your face profile.

Pics and more detail to follow in a couple of days.

W3pZA.md.jpg

mailit2si

ok so 2 weeks in I'm ecstatic the watch is fantastic.

A full review to follow but I must say Andrew at TrustyTime provides fantastic service the watches are perfection and i would offer you get far more than you pay for.