HaX

PAM508P Submersible VSF V2 vs. V3 what's new?

HaX

Hi all,

Thinking about getting one but I couldn't find anything new about the V3.

Most of the websites are using the same photos for both so it's hard to justify the extra cost?

It will be great if someone knowledgeable could shed some light.

Cheers

BadPickle

There’s a definitive guide to pam’s put together by a lovely chap called @ALE7575

Hats off to that guy, it’s one hell of a read 

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/panerai/106183-reference-pam-review-guide-replica-search-identification-evaluation-selection

47 minutes ago, HaX said:

Hi all,

Most of the websites are using the same photos for both so it's hard to justify the extra cost?

Cheers

mysterio
On 27/08/2018 at 16:11, HaX said:

Hi all,

Cheers

There is no V3 that I know of. Do you have the links to the watches?

HaX
6 hours ago, mysterio said:

There is no V3 that I know of. Do you have the links to the watches?

I found it here on theonewatches. It has the same description as v2. I was told it’s just an update to minor cosmetic details but didn’t go into too much.

It’s also listed on trustytime, but that link is broken.

http://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7298&search=Pam508P

mysterio
7 hours ago, HaX said:

I found it here on theonewatches. It has the same description as v2. I was told it’s just an update to minor cosmetic details but didn’t go into too much.

It’s also listed on trustytime, but that link is broken.

http://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7298&search=Pam508P

I don't even see the movement being described as having the gen functions (even when it was just the balance wheel corrected, they called it a Super Clone P.9000 already) so I would be wary of buying it without confirming beforehand. VSF hasn't been in operation that long. I believe their first PAM508 already had this Super Clone P.9000 movement with the balance wheel at 7. The first PAM508 which was the one which used an A7750 decorated to look like a P.9000 was made by V6F (okay spiritually same company but we only count versions for the same factory). There are no cosmetic changes that I am aware of from  V6F to VSF versions, only the movement was changed. Then on the VSF V2, the movement  was changed again to the Super Clone P.9000 with same as gen functions. Unless theonewatches can clarify which cosmetic (which means external) improvements have been made, I would say this is just a miscounting of versions (started with the V6F as V1, the VSF with Super Clone P.9000 as V2 and then the VSF with Super Clone P.9000 with gen functions as V3.

HaX
17 hours ago, mysterio said:

I don't even see the movement being described as having the gen functions (even when it was just the balance wheel corrected, they called it a Super Clone P.9000 already) so I would be wary of buying it without confirming beforehand. VSF hasn't been in operation that long. I believe their first PAM508 already had this Super Clone P.9000 movement with the balance wheel at 7. The first PAM508 which was the one which used an A7750 decorated to look like a P.9000 was made by V6F (okay spiritually same company but we only count versions for the same factory). There are no cosmetic changes that I am aware of from  V6F to VSF versions, only the movement was changed. Then on the VSF V2, the movement  was changed again to the Super Clone P.9000 with same as gen functions. Unless theonewatches can clarify which cosmetic (which means external) improvements have been made, I would say this is just a miscounting of versions (started with the V6F as V1, the VSF with Super Clone P.9000 as V2 and then the VSF with Super Clone P.9000 with gen functions as V3.

Thanks for clarification. I think you’re right about the miscount of versions! It was unavailable anyway so I went with another model. 

BadApple

Please don’t use the quote button to reply to the post immediately above. It’s unnnecessary. Just reply. 

Ive been woken up by a thunderstorm so I’m very waspy at best. 

mysterio
On 17/09/2018 at 10:47, BADAPPLE said:

Please don’t use the quote button to reply to the post immediately above. It’s unnnecessary. Just reply. 

Ive been woken up by a thunderstorm so I’m very waspy at best. 

It's necessary because the poster would not be notified if his response had a response. The other option would be to mention the poster but that's too tedious compared to just clicking Quote. I'm lazy. :giggle:  Last time I checked there wasn't any forum etiquette rule that was broken. If there is, I blame @pickledbeetroot, he started it. :lol: 

BadApple
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

It's necessary because the poster would not be notified if his response had a response. The other option would be to mention the poster but that's too tedious compared to just clicking Quote. I'm lazy. :giggle:  Last time I checked there wasn't any forum etiquette rule that was broken. If there is, I blame @pickledbeetroot, he started it. :lol: 

I am not waspy today - do as you like.....

BadPickle
3 hours ago, mysterio said:

he surely did @BADAPPLE and @mysterio :lol: 

GLWS 

Ben1121

Anyone know when vsf is going to fix the power reserve indicator on 441

mysterio
On 24/09/2018 at 08:08, Ben1121 said:

Anyone know when vsf is going to fix the power reserve indicator on 441

There has been no discussions for a movement to have a working power reserve gauge.