Sign in to follow this  
Dendo

The Royal Wedding Day

Dendo
Yeah thanks, but same thing surely.

The US has three of these wars on the go. Yet the republicans want to cut every other government spend but the defense budget.

D'ya think they are all working for Haliburton or what?

I think they are all working on keeping your liberal ass alive. So, better they'll cut shit, but buy mo gunz.

Yeah Luth they should cut all the shit. And that includes all that wasted manpower and costs fighting unwinable wars.

I am not a liberal and I don't think fueling hatred in the middle east is going to keep anyone safe.

The only thing I hate them cutting is education and research budgets - these are what make us competitive. The dependency culture needs to be got rid of.

Luthier
Yeah Luth they should cut all the shit. And that includes all that wasted manpower and costs fighting unwinable wars.

I am not a liberal and I don't think fueling hatred in the middle east is going to keep anyone safe.

The only thing I hate them cutting is education and research budgets - these are what make us competitive. The dependency culture needs to be got rid of.

Absolutely agree with you on education and reserch. It's unimaginable stupid.

Wars... well... some dictators must go, in the sake of their own people, so, surgical strikes in the heart would be much more effective, than long wars, I think.

Brightlight

The Royals are an anachronism and of no use to man nor beast. I have no interest in their doings, or this wedding, as I have no interest in the doings of any 'celebrity'. I doubt they actually contribute much to tourism, certainly they cost more than they make. However a friend of mine had a wonderful idea to put them to good use. It would take a 'revolution' and a change in the law to allow public hanging, burning at the stake or the like. Then we could do away with then one by one, publicly, and at regular intervals or special occasions, tourists would flock to watch an execution clutching their knitting and fighting to get on the front row, and the worldwide TV rights could be sold off for a fortune. There would be no danger of running out of them as they have quite a high breeding rate. On special occasions, such as the Olympics opening ceremony in 2012 we could do a big one, perhaps Phil the Greek as he can't have long to go or even the Queen herself to give Charles a go before he was put down. They could replace North Sea Oil in the country's economy, and no one would grudge them their benefits and their pomp and ceremony when they were contributing so much. We could even use different execution methods from different countries, the Guillotine on Bastille day, lethal inection on the 4th July, burning tyres round the neck on Nelson Mandela day and so on, the possibilities are endless.

Baldrick

So, it'd be fair to say you're not a fan of the Royals then ?

Matlow

I couldn't care less about the royals. I'd be more excited about the release of a sex tape :lol:

Brightlight
So, it'd be fair to say you're not a fan of the Royals then ?

That's a wee bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say? But it does take a long while to forgive and forget Longshanks Edward I. I know we got our own back foisting James VI on them but then they go and get this German crowd in. I think it's time to outsource the monarchy to India, we'd save a fortune.

David543

My wife still thinks Diana was murdered..... :lol:

Edited by David543

Baldrick
That's a wee bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say? But it does take a long while to forgive and forget Longshanks Edward I. I know we got our own back foisting James VI on them but then they go and get this German crowd in. I think it's time to outsource the monarchy to India, we'd save a fortune.

Ahhh, so it's not royalty in general, but The Hanoverians and Saxe-Coburg Gothas ( sorry..Windsors, dun wanna be associated with those Ethels do we! ) in particular then :lol:

kan3

I'd watch the wedding if they give me watches for watching it. LOL.

sconehead
The economics of the lunatic asylum thats for sure

Analogous with

'Honey Im home whats for dinner?'

'well as you know darling we are skint, we have no money, everything we earn and in fact own wont pay our overheads... but as a special treat I decided not to make a couple of bill payments this week and I bought us a lovely piece of steak.....

which I gave to those foreigners down the street who have so many problems'

In the above a slap around the head would likely ensue, in politics it gets applauded

...''got a dime bud?''

...this bad 'tude against helping people less fortunate than ourselves really gets my goat.

It's like when they were talking of pumping more money into the NHS all those years ago, people were whinging about their tax going up slightly, big deal, 1p less in the pound...there goes next years vacation...not.

....maybe you should target your angst against the big business' and uber rich sports stars taking out directors loans and god knows what other loops to dodge paying their taxes I bet the amount of lost revenue far outweighs that of benefits given to 'Foreigners'...

With a bit of luck we'll never need to use the benefit system until we draw our state pensions...but it's nice to know it's there just in case...

...I don't mind the Queen and all the immediate royal family...personally, I think as soon as Liz surpasses Victorias reign she'll abdicate and let Charlie have a few years (he won't be the most popular monarch though)

...Am I watching the wedding? Hell no!!!

...golf to play you see...:lol:

Del

Well, I'm sitting watching the wedding right now! Very spectacular!

:damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials:

narikaa

Analogous with

'well as you know darling we are skint, we have no money, everything we earn and in fact own wont pay our overheads... but as a special treat I decided not to make a couple of bill payments this week and I bought us a lovely piece of steak.....

In the above a slap around the head would likely ensue, in politics it gets applauded

...''got a dime bud?''

...this bad 'tude against helping people less fortunate than ourselves really gets my goat.

It's like when they were talking of pumping more money into the NHS all those years ago, people were whinging about their tax going up slightly, big deal, 1p less in the pound...there goes next years vacation...not.

....maybe you should target your angst against the big business' and uber rich sports stars taking out directors loans and god knows what other loops to dodge paying their taxes I bet the amount of lost revenue far outweighs that of benefits given to 'Foreigners'...

With a bit of luck we'll never need to use the benefit system until we draw our state pensions...but it's nice to know it's there just in case...

...I don't mind the Queen and all the immediate royal family...personally, I think as soon as Liz surpasses Victorias reign she'll abdicate and let Charlie have a few years (he won't be the most popular monarch though)

...golf to play you see...:lol:

Methinks you missed my point which was aimed at the insanity funding other peoples wars and paying for it with our NHS et all

Brightlight
Well, I'm sitting watching the wedding right now! Very spectacular!

:damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials: :damn_the_colonials:

Fawning lickspittle!

solkryssare

I couldn't care less about the marriage. But holy mother of God she is beautiful!

kate-middleton-photo-1.jpg

Baldrick

I always laugh when Social Security scroungers come out with 'another 1p in the pound is no big deal' :o

Brightlight
I couldn't care less about the marriage. But holy mother of God she is beautiful!

I'd hit it.

Is the Danish Queen at the wedding? If not, where is he this morning? :o

sconehead

I'd hit it.

:rofl:

sconehead

Analogous with

...''got a dime bud?''

...golf to play you see...:o

Methinks you missed my point which was aimed at the insanity funding other peoples wars and paying for it with our NHS et all

Oke...

solkryssare

I'd hit it.

Kink is hiding from me today :rofl:

mspangl

My girlfriend is going absolutely nuts :o

Pentax

Royals.... so Beckham is a Sir he's dad was a Cole minor for pits sake does money and fame make you a Royal??

Ska

Knights of the realm ('Sir.....') are not royals.

It is a national honour.

Slim

Becks isn't a Knight of the Realm, anyway. It's still plain old Mr Beckham, not Sir David.

Pentax
Knights of the realm ('Sir.....') are not royals.

It is a national honour.

Thanks for Informing me :o

you see you learn new things everyday :rofl:

Baldrick

Pomp, circumstance and majesty, nobody, but NOBODY does it like the British !