Khronos

Dan Henry 1964 38mm chronograph

Khronos

I got an email this morning from Dan Henry, they have released the long awaited smaller size chrono. 

It's a 38mm VK meca quartz watch, it comes in 4 dial colors, with or without date. You get a lovely bracelet and a quick release leather strap. 

I think it's pretty awesome for the money:

https://danhenrywatches.com/collections/vintage-watches/products/1964-gran-turismo-chronograph

There is also a review on YouTube by you know who.. your favorite "aristocrat".. 

And a review by Worn and wound :

https://wornandwound.com/first-look-dan-henry-1964-gran-turismo-collection/

My favorite is the black dial/white subdials version. 

Which one is your favorite? 

Jibuti

Well A., I prefer silver/black subdials combo.... Of course, I need at least 45mm case too...

ruddz

Just saw this - pretty sweet!

Been wondering if I should get the 1970 from them as I´ve been eying for Longines diver

SliceMaster

That is one nice watch just  hard to pick what model I like the most leaning towards the panda

deju

These are really nicely done. 

I don’t know why we don’t see more micro steppers, they are much more suited to every day life! 

Love the dial combinations and finishes, I do think that the vintage 36-41 watch as a style is coming back in a big way. 

Thommo82

Have been a fan of Dan Henry watches since I saw them.

This is a nice addition to their collection, and I think the protruding pushers will make it wear slightly bigger than 38mm, which for most is not a bad thing.

My fav is the 1963, closely followed by the 1970. Nearly bought one last year for a birthday watch but ended up getting an absolute bargain on a Haigh & Hastings Diver. 

Hard to choose a favourite dial on the 1964 model, but if I had to I’d go with the Evil Panda. 

Khronos

I'm worried that a 38mm watch would look like a grandpa's watch on my 7.25" wrist. I'm struggling getting used to my 39mm Explorer and this one is even smaller. 

The price is quite acceptable, but there are other options out there. I got this Certina from Jomashop last year, it has sapphire crystal and a HAQ thermo compensated movement. It was 299$ if I remember correctly. 

20171018_161515.jpg

Waspy

Thanks for the link.

I love a 38mm chrono.

The vintage look is great.

RussP

I'd buy one or more if the opportunity arises in the future.

Khronos

It's kinda too plain, I really like the fake vintage lume they use on their other watches. 

It would look waaay better if it would be more like this for instance :

s-l500.jpg

Enicar_Sherpa_Graph_300_Jim_Clark_vintag

duddlyboy
1 hour ago, Khronos said:

I'm worried that a 38mm watch would look like a grandpa's watch on my 7.25" wrist. I'm struggling getting used to my 39mm Explorer and this one is even smaller. 

The price is quite acceptable, but there are other options out there. I got this Certina from Jomashop last year, it has sapphire crystal and a HAQ thermo compensated movement. It was 299$ if I remember correctly. 

20171018_161515.jpg

39mm Explorer looks small on a 7 1/4  wrist ??? I have a 8 1/4 wrists and with the lug shape it looks great for a 39mm watch . I like that Certina though .

Edited by duddlyboy

duddlyboy
3 hours ago, Khronos said:

I got an email this morning from Dan Henry, they have released the long awaited smaller size chrono. 

It's a 38mm VK meca quartz watch, it comes in 4 dial colors, with or without date. You get a lovely bracelet and a quick release leather strap. 

I think it's pretty awesome for the money:

https://danhenrywatches.com/collections/vintage-watches/products/1964-gran-turismo-chronograph

There is also a review on YouTube by you know who.. your favorite "aristocrat".. 

And a review by Worn and wound :

https://wornandwound.com/first-look-dan-henry-1964-gran-turismo-collection/

My favorite is the black dial/white subdials version. 

Which one is your favorite? 

Silver with the Black sub dials . TGV needs a good shoeing .

Khronos
1 hour ago, duddlyboy said:

39mm Explorer looks small on a 7 1/4  wrist ??? I have a 8 1/4 wrists and with the lug shape it looks great for a 39mm watch . I like that Certina though .

Dunno.. I find it kinda tiny.. 

IMG_20180829_135845.jpg

I just need to get used to the size, I normally wear a Seiko Tuna and similarly sized watches:)

IMG_20180816_073604.jpg

Khronos

The "evil" panda and the regular panda are both out of stock and won't be available until November...