Following my purchase of a vintage split second chronograph, I was hooked to the vintage chronograph aesthetic. I had to get more.   The Watch Although the vintage Daytona is a pretty good-looking, it still looked too clean for me. Pre-Daytona chronographs had more going on the dial and better satisfied my hipster inclinations   The Ref 6234 was produced between 1955-1961, an average 500 produced annually. There are many dial variations of the 6234. Black. White. Text in English. Text in Croissantspeak. "Anti-Magnetic" in straight font or curved font. The 6234 houses a Rolex Caliber 72 with 17 jewels and column wheel construction. It's manual wind, none of the automatic nonsense of the Daytona  Hot shit on the vintage market GBP 20,000 - GBP 60,000 depending on condition and variant.   The Rep Marvellous Replica has quite selection of variants! In the end I went for the black dial because I know I will be collecting more whitish dial vintage chronographs, or at least vintage looking chronograph reps.      Dimensions My watch measured to:  Case diameter: 37.3mm Case height: 15.2mm Lug-to-Lug: 45mm Lug width: 18.7mm   Dial Busy beautiful dial with a tachymetre and telemetre track. I've just learnt that the hour markers used here are dagger numerals. Someone really took a stab at naming them   Luminous accents have been applied to the dagger numerals. Not much text on the top part of the dial. "Oyster" refers to the revolutionary (back then) waterproof Oyster case. None of the superlative chronometer marketing yet, nor is it officially certified. Minute subdial at 3 o'clock. Interestingly, the three long lines denoting the 3,6,9 minute marks had a function back then. Apparently it was useful to tell the time during international calls which used to paid for in 3-minute increments. Anyone old enough on here to verify what Hodinkee said? Hour subdial at 6 o'clock. I'm unsure if it works or if it is supposed to work on the rep. Never left the chrono going for more than two minutes. The watch is definitely anti-magnetic! Seconds subdial at 9 o'clock. The minutes track, telemetre track meet with the seconds subdial. Initially I thought it was just messy design of the rep dial bu then I found that some variants of the gen had a similar messy configuration. No rehaut engraving, no alignment problems then! Damn, that is one tall rehaut!   Movement The rep uses a ST19 workhorse. Reliable, cheap and authentically manual  The caseback is basically a mirror!  Unfortunately I have de-skilled significantly since my Bamford Snowtrooper purchase, so no tasty pic of the ST19 for you. Here's another pic of the reflective caseback!    Case This watch is as good as some of the vintage gens out there! As good as the ones which have been over-polished! The case is a mirror to reflect on my poor life choices, like why did I join RWG and signed up to DHgate. You can see quite a bit of the case height is due to the crystal. Standard Rolex screw-down crown, pushers are not though.   Bracelet & Clasp The Oyster style bracelet is one flimsy fucker. Not as solid build as the modern day ones. Still looks good though. See, the gen has flimsy bracelets too!  Numbers for your reference. Some standard Rolex engraving on the clasp. Haven't checked if it resembles the engraving for clasps back then. No ones gonna know...       Function The chronograph function works fine. As you'd expect with a ST19   The lume is another feature that resembles the vintage. It's weak. Like no one has relumed it for decades The markers look odd and do not form a perfect circle because the 3,6,9 lume are applied by the telemetre track whereas the rest are applied on the inner minutes track. @McGilli you can still time your biking at night with this sucka...   Accuracy Whoop-de -doo, this is not COSC certified, Rolex has not mentioned anything on the dial either. Probs trash.   Overall Very convinced I made the right choice with black dial. For USD 225 including UK delivery, this is a lot of watch for the money  ST19 movement is reliable enough.  At 37mm diameter it is the perfect size for me too. There are so many subtle variants of the 6234 that you can easily rationalise an "inaccuracy" as one of the rarer variants. Of course, the biggest tell is the completely new, polished, virgin look. I'll vintagise it when I feel brave/drunk enough. Pretty proud of this photo  A cheeky wristie to end things, as usual.