Sign in to follow this  
Trinder

Patek philippe advice

Trinder

Hi,

I have been searching for a decent patek phillippe rep

After searching through loads of websites this one seems to be the best quality in terms of it's look, not to keen on manual winding though,what's everyones thoughts

replicafe.com/replica-patek-philippe-calatrava-yellow-gold-mens-watch-5119j-p-31.html

admin edit: link to untrusted site disabled

Is it too expensive, I don't mind paying more if it's good quality

Does the site seem 'trust worthy'

Thanks,

Damian

Edited by greg_r

Baldrick

Yes

No

47% off, of what?

ALL LESS THAN $100 BUXX FROM OUR TRUSTED DEALERS

027PATEKPHILIPPECALATRAVAGOLD1.jpg

027PATEKPHILIPPECALATRAVAGOLD2.jpg

073PATEKCALATRAVA40mm1.jpg

073PATEKCALATRAVA40mm3.jpg

318PATEKCALATRAVAROSEGOLD5.jpg

318PATEKCALATRAVAROSEGOLD7.jpg

PICT0146PATEK1copy.jpg

PICT0146PATEK2copy.jpg

KeNnY

Baldrick please, what are these pictures ???? An reps from factory pictures or what ??

Baldrick

Reps, no factory pics, TTK photos !

WebWind

They are borrowed from TTK´s album. As always :)

Slow I am :yoda:

Trinder

Thanks,

I like 027 but looking for yellow gold

And 5/6 but gold with black strap?

Who is the trusted dealer? Website?

Bosox
Yes

No

47% off, of what?

PICT0146PATEK1copy.jpg

PICT0146PATEK2copy.jpg

I can't imagine getting decent quality in a rep costing less than $100. My experience with watches costing less than $150 is spotty at best. Some look very good and have lasted, others look fine on the wrist but clearly are reps if examined off the wrist, and one I bought for $100 is a joke that I now wear while mowing the lawn. If you experienced purchasers of inexpensive reps are happy with $100 watches, that is great news for me, as I will be enticed to buy some. Right now I'm looking for a very thin dress watch and PP and Piaget look to be the best choices. Finally, I really like knowing what the movement is, and many dealers don't give that info which makes me very leery right off the bat.

Edited by Bosox

Trinder
Yes

No

47% off, of what?

PICT0146PATEK1copy.jpg

PICT0146PATEK2copy.jpg

I can't imagine getting decent quality in a rep costing less than $100. My experience with watches costing less than $150 is spotty at best. Some look very good and have lasted, others look fine on the wrist but clearly are reps if examined off the wrist, and one I bought for $100 is a joke that I now wear while mowing the lawn. If you experienced purchasers of inexpensive reps are happy with $100 watches, that is great news for me, as I will be enticed to buy some. Right now I'm looking for a very thin dress watch and PP and Piaget look to be the best choices. Finally, I really like knowing what the movement is, and many dealers don't give that info which makes me very leery right off the bat.

I agree, what you make of the watch on the link?

Bosox

Pictures can be so deceiving. I am more trusting of them when they are clearly NOT professionally done. It's a crap shoot, for sure, until you find a dealer you can trust. I have one, but he doesn't carry a wide variety of manufacturers, so I'm a bit limited. I guess I'm never satisfied. If it's too cheap, I think it's junk; if it's expensive, I fear a rip off.

Baldrick
Pictures can be so deceiving. I am more trusting of them when they are clearly NOT professionally done
If it's too cheap, I think it's junk; if it's expensive, I fear a rip off.

I guess I shoulda just posted some crappy pics then B)

Look, if any of you think that you're going to get Patek quality movements and comparable gold cases and finishes at $100 or $150 or $500 or even $1000, then please swallow this

It will bring you back down to reality, it's impossible to achieve, HOWEVER, if you want a nice DRESS watch for OCCASIONAL wear that 99.9% of your coterie of acquaintances at Bodine's Big-Rack-O-Ribs not to mention the girls in the typing pool won't know from genuine, then you have to pee with pecker you've been given, if you're gonna turn up to the wedding of a Boston or Hyannisport socialite, then you'll need to dig a little deeper.

QC doesn't stand for quality control, it stands for 'quality costs' B)

I can't imagine getting decent quality in a rep costing less than $100

Well, there you go, all my experience, not to mention TTK and other members here are obviously not up to your imagination !

David543
Pictures can be so deceiving. I am more trusting of them when they are clearly NOT professionally done. It's a crap shoot, for sure, until you find a dealer you can trust. I have one, but he doesn't carry a wide variety of manufacturers, so I'm a bit limited. I guess I'm never satisfied. If it's too cheap, I think it's junk; if it's expensive, I fear a rip off.

Ok, I bought a Channel J12 from Lay. Watch £68 Inc postage. Quartz movement, sapphire glass and bezel. Ceramic everything else. It is amazing quality. You don't have to spend loads for quality.

Baldrick

I think it's fantastic, great quality and a steal at the price, I suggest you snap it up immediately, don't wait, there might not be many in stock and you wouldn't wanna mniss out B)

myaz
Thanks,

Bump as your question got burried, and that Calatrava has been on my list ever since I saw it in a Tourneau catalogue (product brochure companies used to mail. B) )

My plan was to send the picture below to Mary at WatchInternational. The question still is, how do I find out if it has Sapphire not to bother her needlessly

Maybe an experienced poster will help.

calatrava.jpg

David543

I think it's fantastic, great quality and a steal at the price, I suggest you snap it up immediately, don't wait, there might not be many in stock and you wouldn't wanna mniss out B)

B)

Trinder
Thanks,

Bump as your question got burried, and that Calatrava has been on my list ever since I saw it in a Tourneau catalogue (product brochure companies used to mail. B) )

My plan was to send the picture below to Mary at WatchInternational. The question still is, how do I find out if it has Sapphire not to bother her needlessly

Maybe an experienced poster will help.

calatrava.jpg

Thanks,

I can't find any contact details for Mary, tries the wi site but no email a dress or anything. Is it possible to send me the email address?

Not sure if I would rather yellow or rose gold.....

Trinder

?

David543

Mary is a trusted dealer, she is down as 'watchinternationl'. Find a picture of a watch you like and e-mail it to her, with a request for sapphire etc and she will tell you the options and prices. She is really friendly and doesn't mind you asking questions.

Aren

Baldrick, These are beautiful photos of a gorgeous watch.

Why are there no hands on the sub-dial on the last photo?

Do you happen to know? It looks odd.

Great stuff tho and thanks for sharing.

B)

jdoe

There are three known ways of eliminating the second hand as above photo>

1. Open the watch and rip the thing out

2. Spend 30-60 min w Photoshop

3. Use long exposure (several seconds)

Take your pick

myaz

calatrava.jpg

Thanks,

I can't find any contact details for Mary, tries the wi site but no email a dress or anything. Is it possible to send me the email address?

Not sure if I would rather yellow or rose gold.....

Different dealers have different preferences. To find out:

Go to Forum section on trusted Dealers. Last dealer is WatchInternational. Open sub topic "Welcome to WatchInternational" and it contains contact info:

[email protected]

myaz

There are three known ways of eliminating the second hand as above photo>

1. Open the watch and rip the thing out

2. Spend 30-60 min w Photoshop

3. Use long exposure (several seconds)

Take your pick

have you considered reason 4: Baldrick just likes to mess with you B)

Baldrick

:rofl: @ Aren, with YOUR eyesight !

Well, hit me over the head with a wet haddock and call me Harriet, I have no idea ;)

If you look at the exif data on the penultimate and ultimate pics of the grey dial, the one that shows the hand has an exposuretime of 2 secs and the one that doesn't show it has an exposure time of 6 secs...ergo B)

Bosox
Pictures can be so deceiving. I am more trusting of them when they are clearly NOT professionally done
If it's too cheap, I think it's junk; if it's expensive, I fear a rip off.

I guess I shoulda just posted some crappy pics then :D

Look, if any of you think that you're going to get Patek quality movements and comparable gold cases and finishes at $100 or $150 or $500 or even $1000, then please swallow this

It will bring you back down to reality, it's impossible to achieve, HOWEVER, if you want a nice DRESS watch for OCCASIONAL wear that 99.9% of your coterie of acquaintances at Bodine's Big-Rack-O-Ribs not to mention the girls in the typing pool won't know from genuine, then you have to pee with pecker you've been given, if you're gonna turn up to the wedding of a Boston or Hyannisport socialite, then you'll need to dig a little deeper.

QC doesn't stand for quality control, it stands for 'quality costs' :AT:

I can't imagine getting decent quality in a rep costing less than $100

Well, there you go, all my experience, not to mention TTK and other members here are obviously not up to your imagination !

You're very selective in what you quote. Sure you're not a politician? I went on to say that it would be good news to learn that experienced purchasers are satisfied with the quality of $99 watches. And who even suggested that any knockoff would compete with the real thing? Finally, anybody can use stock photos that don't represent what they're really selling. That's why I like the pix that are clearly homemade,. They don't guarantee anything, but I think they just might be more accurate as to what is really going to show up at my door.

Baldrick
Finally, anybody can use stock photos that don't represent what they're really selling. That's why I like the pix that are clearly homemade,.

And you think those photos aren't home made :)

narikaa

:D

A modicum of research as an alternative to an outburst of waffle is always a good start

All the rep watch fora abound with a myriad of more than favourable reviews of $100 reps (you might even assuage your thirst for mediocre photos in them too)