cugine

Opinion on this AP JF V2 Royal Oak

cugine

Here's some pictures. Would love to hear all of your opinions.  Thanks all! 

Royal Oak Offshore 2014 Gold Themes RG/RG JF V2 A3126JF Factory AP Royal Oak Offshore 2014 Gold Themes V2
MOVEMENT: Asia 7750 Automatic with Secs @12, 28800bph with Decorated Rotor & Platinum Plated Bridges & Plates like Genuine Calibre AP 3126
CASE DIAMETER: 42mm
THICKNESS: 16mm
DIAL COLOR: Rose Gold Checkered Dial with Subdials & Numeral Markers
CASE MATERIAL: 18K Rose Gold Thick Plated (5 mils) on Solid Stainless Steel 316F
BRACELET: 18K Rose Gold Thick Plated (5 mils) on Solid Stainless Steel 316F Bracelet with DeployantBuckle 
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with Colorless AR Coating (Swiss Grade)
CASE BACK: Display case back with detailed engraving 
BEZEL: Rose Gold Plated Bezel
HACK MOVEMENT: 
CLASP TYPE: Tang Buckle
DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 (Adjusted via crown) 
Waterproofed to 30m direct from Factory 

43736419304_9d8e251da4_b.jpg44453864111_ef7384d041_b.jpg43736414764_9ac51266c8_b.jpg44404778822_5a5d8e4564_b.jpg42645085650_f061c561bd_b.jpg44404777332_9aaee9d48b_b.jpg

semperfi55

What's your priorities/criteria mate? Detail accuracy more important? Reliability? Cost? Durability?

Knowing what you're looking for in a rep will help others to give their opinion.

I'm not familiar with ROOs but beware of the A7750 movement with seconds subdial at 12 o'clock.  The "natural" position for seconds subdial on an A7750 is at 9 o'clock, anything else means that the repmaker has added additional gears which may not be as reliable. 

cugine
5 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

What's your priorities/criteria mate? Detail accuracy more important? Reliability? Cost? Durability?

Knowing what you're looking for in a rep will help others to give their opinion.

I'm not familiar with ROOs but beware of the A7750 movement with seconds subdial at 12 o'clock.  The "natural" position for seconds subdial on an A7750 is at 9 o'clock, anything else means that the repmaker has added additional gears which may not be as reliable. 

thanks my friend.  I'm looking for whatever information/advice people like yourself are willing to offer me.  This is all a learning experience for me so I'm all ears.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

FoxWilde

That's quite expensive choice mate.

I too like @cugine am not familiar with the ROO reps. But I have heard some mixed reviews of the "3126" movement. Mainly issues with reliability. They need more servicing due to the addition of parts in the module, along with the decorative plating. This also makes it less durable. Nice looking watch though.

Also I think gen thickness is 14mm rather than JFs 16mm case

Edited by FoxWilde

cugine
1 minute ago, FoxWilde said:

That's quite expensive choice mate.

I too like @cugine am not familiar with the ROO reps. But I have heard some mixed reviews of the "3126" movement. Mainly issues with reliability. They need more servicing due to the addition of parts in the module, along with the decorative plating. This also makes it less durable. Nice looking watch though.

Thanks for your response and compliments of the piece.  So far it's functioning very well.  As for the plating, I may only wear this watch once a month, if that... maybe just a couple times a year which should produce much greater longevity

RepGuy

These modified A7750 seconds @ 12 movements are literal time bombs. I suggest you extensively research this before spending that kind of money. These are nearly impossible to repair as well, due to a lack of parts.

If you're fine with that risk, then go for it, but you should really read up on these movements first.

cugine
8 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

These modified A7750 seconds @ 12 movements are literal time bombs. I suggest you extensively research this before spending that kind of money. These are nearly impossible to repair as well, due to a lack of parts.

If you're fine with that risk, then go for it, but you should really read up on these movements first.

thanks for your reply, i know you know your stuff so I appreciate it.  I bought this, as well as others, before discovering the forums and what not so you live and learn.  However, so far so good.  What movements do you recommend for JF factory APs?   thanks again for your input

RepGuy
38 minutes ago, cugine said:

thanks for your reply, i know you know your stuff so I appreciate it.  I bought this, as well as others, before discovering the forums and what not so you live and learn.  However, so far so good.  What movements do you recommend for JF factory APs?   thanks again for your input

Stick to the regular A2824/2836 movements found in the 42mm Royal Oak models. I've had a bunch of these timebomb movements in past reps, but always got tired of how careful you have to be with them, and sold them off to fund other purchases.

cugine
34 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Stick to the regular A2824/2836 movements found in the 42mm Royal Oak models. I've had a bunch of these timebomb movements in past reps, but always got tired of how careful you have to be with them, and sold them off to fund other purchases.

Sounds good. Thanks man. Is it a fact that this movement will break or is it possible that some actually do last?

FoxWilde
52 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Speaking of which @RepGuy, What are your two cents on the 9015 15400 reps? I've been eyeing one of them Toro showed me a little bit back. 

RepGuy
31 minutes ago, cugine said:

Sounds good. Thanks man. Is it a fact that this movement will break or is it possible that some actually do last?

It's possible for it to last, but they have a higher failure rate compared to most other Asian movements.

14 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Speaking of which @RepGuy, What are your two cents on the 9015 15400 reps? I've been eyeing one of them Toro showed me a little bit back. 

I haven't looked into those, got a link?

cugine
12 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

It's possible for it to last, but they have a higher failure rate compared to most other Asian movements.

Got it. Well that sucks ha. Hope i got one of the good ones. This isn’t my only AP rep with this movement. Fingers crossed 

FoxWilde
2 hours ago, RepGuy said:

They've got a decorated one:

http://www.toro.host/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=15400&product_id=1893

and the stock 9015, which I assume would be closer to gen thickness

http://www.toro.host/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=15400&product_id=1607

Rx4Time
3 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

I've got a 15400 jf with the miyota.  IMHO at least as reliable as the 2824/36. 

DaveHaf

I really like the ROO, but as others have said, correct seconds subdial increases likelihood of movement failure, which is a Big concern, at least for me. But beautiful watch