facaldoggi

Noob 116660 2813 movement upgrade support

facaldoggi

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my Noob 116660 D-Blue (which I love) 2813 movement with a spare original ETA 2824 I already have...

Is this feasible?

Thank you!

NCRich

In short, no.  It would be better to sell it and buy one with the correct movement.  If you wanted to do it for a challenge, you would have to do something about the dial feet (won't fit) and the hands also will not fit so you will have to source new ones.  I'm not sure but I believe to would have to swap the date wheel overlay as well.

Kind of daunting and incredibly easy to screw up.

facaldoggi

Thank you @NCRich ...I like challenges, and I have all the tools to swap the movement and do proper maintenance... My concern is more related to the case:

Given that I source:
-a new Dial, with the correct feet positioning
-dial ring
-dial plastic spacer
-correct hands
-correct date wheel

would the new assembly equipped with the 2824 eta fit in the NOOB  case?

NCRich

You don't need a new dial, perhaps.  Just need to secure it to the movement.  2824 has a  different stem height than a 2813 so it might not work.    Might be able to swap the date wheel overlay.  Its hard to tell till you open it up and play with it.

Its really easier to get a new one, and less costly probably.

facaldoggi

yep... the stem height could be the main showstopper... not sure if there is a way around it.
Why are you saying it would be cheaper? given that I already have the spare 2824 movement (ok it's gen and it's worth more than the whole rep alone) ... but given that I can modify the dial feet I only need to source dial, ring, spacer and date wheel (unless, as ou say, I can swap the overlay).... then I need time.

But you are right first I need to open and give it a look.

I was wondering if there was someone who did something similar already...

NCRich

I've done it, but used a 2836.  I just say that its easier to sell the 2813 watch and buy a watch with the movement you want.  Spacer is the same.  Stem height is the killer.  It will bind the stem and make it hard to screw it down.

FoxWilde

Best buy a A2824 rep an do the swap. Trying to put a ETA in a 21J clone has been a good question for a while. From what I've learned is there are too many steps to mod the parts for it to be practical, and of course durable for the watch. No one does this that I know of. Sell the piece and buy a proper case. 

Fox

facaldoggi

Thank you @FoxWilde and @NCRich in facts the case, based on what I have seen, is not "compatible", not meant to house something different than a 2813 ... I'll keep my GEN Eta for a different mod and keep the DSSD as it is!

Cheers!!

J!m
On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 07:56, facaldoggi said:

Thank you @NCRich ...I like challenges, and I have all the tools to swap the movement and do proper maintenance... My concern is more related to the case:

Given that I source:
-a new Dial, with the correct feet positioning
-dial ring
-dial plastic spacer
-correct hands
-correct date wheel

would the new assembly equipped with the 2824 eta fit in the NOOB  case?

And back to the original post from Rich (who really does know what he's talking about), sourcing all those components will cost as much (or more) as a new watch, whereas you could just buy the new watch with the movement you want and then sell the one you have, which still works fine I'm assuming(?), to offset your new watch cost, saving you both time and money.