semperfi55

Review - Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202

VMSG
4 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

No need to backtrack mate.... we all understand.....

There's a sense of fulfillment when the thickness is right :Whistle:

Amen :)

DaveHaf

Beautiful watch. Will look for similar. Agree, that quartz is the way to go for a two-handed watch. Thank you for the pics and review.

semperfi55
29 minutes ago, DaveHaf said:

Beautiful watch. Will look for similar. Agree, that quartz is the way to go for a two-handed watch. Thank you for the pics and review.

Cheers Dave! :)

Indeed, this version seems like the best value for money for now.

bdnica
On 09/09/2018 at 10:42, semperfi55 said:

Indeed, this version seems like the best value for money for now.

I took your advice and the wise counsel of @Glaude and @Jasonbaylee in deciding to order one of these from Sead.  I did ping a few of our TDs, but it seems Sead is the 'go to' seller for this factory (or this particular watch).   Took awhile from start to finish but that was due to the transient nature of our existence these days, not the Seller.  And it was well worth the wait.  @semperfi55 you did not exaggerate at all... if anything, it's better than advertised, at this or any price.  I won't re-hash your fine and complete review.  Just supplement it with a few pics and additional observations.

The birthing process went smoothly, albeit over a longer timeline than usual.  Had a couple issues clearing customs despite the fact we hold an export license in Nicaragua.  The govt couldn't give a rat's ass about rep watches but are scrambling to supplement a rapidly crashing economy so are seeking additional revenue by any means possible.  Dealing with imports and exports is the domain of the Nica Ninja (my wife) who takes offense at being shaken down.  A few angry calls and threats from her and it was released with no additional duty or tax assessments. 

IMG-2818.jpg  IMG-2819.jpgIMG-2820.jpgIMG-2823.jpg

Protected in a womb of safety... case guard, in a plastic bag, then bubble-wrapped, inserted in a styrofoam box and then a regular one.  Couldn't wait to get back home so birthed it in the car.  Born healthy and with a bright future ahead!

IMG-2856.jpg IMG-2824.jpg IMG-2826.jpg

All positive observations by @semperfi55 are adopted and incorporated by reference.  I won't repeat it all but to say the dial is better than described.  I don't think it's overly dynamic at all... in all honesty it's very similar to the look of the new platinum edition.  I find myself staring at it and moving my wrist around in the light for inordinately long periods of time.  This watch would be of great value to anyone experienced with hallucinogens (not that I have any experience or  know for sure, just what someone told me... ).  Seriously, it's really that good!

IMG-2875.jpg IMG-2876.jpgIMG-2877.jpg

Maybe I got lucky, but the bracelet was much better than advertised.  A good cleaning followed by the overnight baby oil treatment, and it's comfortable and very bright.  While I'm sure it's not finished to the standards of a $25k watch, to my pedestrian eye it sure looks like it.  My piss-poor skills as a photographer don't do it justice, but an in-house expert has rendered an opinion.    My wife (who's not easily impressed by these things) said it looks like 'una fina pieza de joyería' (a fine piece of jewelry).   She likes this watch.  A lot.

She's made clear in the past her strong preference to straps over bracelets.  Despite this strong preference, she wants to wear it for an official function we have this Friday.  The fact she wants to wear it speaks volumes as to how nice this watch really looks.  Her 'request' was more a gesture of good faith... if she wants to wear it, she'll wear it regardless of my input.  But in trying to maintain the illusion of holding decision making power, I told her if she accessorized her outfit to emphasize/compliment the blue magic of the dial then it was hers to wear Friday night.    She seemed to accept this as reasonable, and later that night put forth this option:

IMG-2860.jpg

I decided it was an acceptable compromise.  

In fact, this is probably the best evidence I can provide as to just how nice this watch really is so will end here.  If you like the traditional look and feel of the old-school Royal Oak, buy one.  You won't be sorry.

Glaude

Very nice complimentary review, thus I would have liked a more "filled" last picture, this bra is desperately empty ! ;) 

VMSG
Very nice complimentary review, thus I would have liked a more "filled" last picture, this bra is desperately empty !  
What she said :)

bdnica
14 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Very nice complimentary review, thus I would have liked a more "filled" last picture, this bra is desperately empty ! ;) 

Sorry my friend.  She's drawn some pretty clear lines.  Something in her Ninja Rule Book I think...?   I threw out a couple options that weren't received in the spirit they were given.   Ask @GingerBlubba and @JohnCocktoastin what happens when a Latina responds to questioning by staring and glaring at you in total silence!

Glaude
14 minutes ago, bdnica said:

Sorry my friend.  She's drawn some pretty clear lines.  Something in her Ninja Rule Book I think...?   I threw out a couple options that weren't received in the spirit they were given.   Ask @GingerBlubba and @JohnCocktoastin what happens when a Latina responds to questioning by staring and glaring at you in total silence!

You ask again ? Right ? Did I win ? ;) 

McGilli
On 08/09/2018 at 06:14, bdnica said:

the Yoda of Reviews, @Glaude ! 

@bdnica Nice little write up here on your new watch, congratulations.

Of course, you do understand that calling @Glaude anything like the Yoda of reviews, will bring out those who consider them selves, more Dark Side leaning to the party. Not sure how I missed that comment a few months ago, however, because there was lace in your photos, I'm going to let everyone off with a warning this time from the Dark Lord of Reviews. In fact, I'll say thanks, you've given me an idea. For something. :)

GingerApple

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

28 minutes ago, bdnica said:

Ask @GingerBlubba and @JohnCocktoastin what happens when a Latina responds to questioning by staring and glaring at you in total silence!

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

bdnica
5 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Yea, looks good.   I think you have a chance.    :facepalm:

bdnica
54 minutes ago, McGilli said:

@bdnica Nice little write up here on your new watch, congratulations.

Of course, you do understand that calling @Glaude anything like the Yoda of reviews, will bring out those who consider them selves, more Dark Side leaning to the party. Not sure how I missed that comment a few months ago, however, because there was lace in your photos, I'm going to let everyone off with a warning this time from the Dark Lord of Reviews. In fact, I'll say thanks, you've given me an idea. For something. :)

Hmmm.  So I think there are several 'teaching-moments' here.  The only one I completely comprehend is including shots of my wife's lingerie in future posts may serve to avoid darkness and evil.   I think...?

McGilli
7 minutes ago, bdnica said:

Hmmm.  So I think there are several 'teaching-moments' here.  The only one I completely comprehend is including shots of my wife's lingerie in future posts may serve to avoid darkness and evil.   I think...?

Yes. Lingerie.

I have a way of, putting much padding around what I'm truly trying to say :) 

bdnica
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

Not just thrown -  thrown with the intent to do serious harm.  

JohnCocktoastin

2 hours ago, bdnica said:

2 hours ago, Glaude said:

Ah, to be blissfully unaware, like notre ami Glaude.   He's used to the laissez faire attitude of the French babes who  find out their man is cheating  and their response is simply to sigh and make a dismissive comment like "Quel idiot! Quand meme."

The only time the Latinas react calmly is for the few moments before the  shitstorm.   crazy-latina.jpg   <---i.e., this face means "DANGER! ABORT! ABORT!!!!!"

bdnica
1 hour ago, JohnCocktoastin said:

Ah, to be blissfully unaware, like notre ami Glaude.   He's used to the laissez faire attitude of the French babes who  find out their man is cheating  and their response is simply to sigh and make a dismissive comment like "Quel idiot! Quand meme."

The only time the Latinas react calmly is for the few moments before the  shitstorm.   crazy-latina.jpg   <---i.e., this face means "DANGER! ABORT! ABORT!!!!!"

You speak the truth my friend.   Only those who have travelled the path understand that recognizing danger signs must become instinctual.   If during any conversation with you, regardless of topic, she stops talking for more than a 5-count you immediately take cover or race for an exit (which you also learn to identify prior to the initiation of any conversation directed your way).   Doesn't matter if she's texting or interacting with someone else simultaneously.  If she stops talking to you without first saying something like 'OK Amor, blah blah blah...' self-preservation mode must kick in without hesitation.

GingerApple

That picture just made me break out in a cold sweat.

bdnica
5 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

That picture just made me break out in a cold sweat.

pissed-off-Latina.jpg   

bdnica

One of the things I love about this forum is the ease with which the discussion can go from the merits and details of iconic, desirable and sought-after timepieces, to why posting pics of lingerie provides credibility, to the pros & cons of being married to a Latina, then circle back to high-end watch talk...  all within the blink of an eye.  You guys never cease to amuse and entertain!

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, bdnica said:

to the pros of being married to a Latina

Such a thing exists?

4 minutes ago, bdnica said:

to the pros of being married.

Ditto?

BenjaminButton
23 hours ago, bdnica said:

IMG-2860.jpg

All I see is that fucking candle touching cloth with those f'ing curtains. Always do a risk assesment if your gonna light candles. Especially if it's your special dressing up night because Mrs bdnica has gone out for the evening. 

bdnica
16 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

All I see is that fucking candle touching cloth with those f'ing curtains. Always do a risk assesment if your gonna light candles. Especially if it's your special dressing up night because Mrs bdnica has gone out for the evening. 

It's a depth of field issue amigo.  Both the bra and the curtains maintain a safe degree of separation from the candle.

Also, not my dress up night.  Blue's not my color.  I look better in basic black things.

bdnica
41 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:
46 minutes ago, bdnica said:

to the pros of being married to a Latina

Such a thing exists?

46 minutes ago, bdnica said:

to the pros of being married.

Ditto?

First question:  Absolutely.

Second question:  Not sure...  on my third attempt so not really a go-to expert on the subject.

Glaude

Should I be worried that I've only noticed a watch in the choose on that last repost of the pic ?

FL13
On 31/10/2018 at 14:58, GingerBlubba said:

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

Shit gets thrown!!!

Duck!!!!

Chancletas..... or silverwear... or glass candles... whatever is handy