Devil

Rolex 116610 Screws lost?

Devil

Hey everyone I recently got my watch links changed at a local shop of mine, about a week has went past and I just went to put on my watch today and it fell apart! Well it looks like one of the bar thingys is missing, what should I do? I don't know where it's gone and don't know how easily they are to source, heck I'm not even sure on the size of the bar! Any help would be appreciated... Photos below.

https://postimg.cc/image/am480s081/ [/IMG]

I'm not sure exactly what this parts called, is it a bar I've lost? 

https://postimg.cc/image/4zcggozu9/ [/img]

Edited by Juggo
wrong name

Devil
6 minutes ago, John45 said:

That's a missing screw.  It's going to be very close to where you tried to put the watch on, if you want to look for it.  

Else:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-13-70MM-SCREW-PIN-FOR-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-GMT-OYSTER-WATCH-BAND-LINK-1/310304825448?epid=1531982284&hash=item483f9be068:g:W0wAAOSwbxBbMlWv

Thanks wasnt aware it was a screw! I cant for the life of me see it though :/ 

Retrouk

Did the they not give you a link back that the shop took out with a screw in it?

Glaude

Going back to said shop isn't an option ?

Devil
3 minutes ago, Retrouk said:

Did the they not give you a link back that the shop took out with a screw in it?

I didnt think of that, you sir are an hero

LOL

false alarm.. still it shouldnt of happened...

Retrouk

Make sure you use a little loctite when putting back together 

Devil
10 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Going back to said shop isn't an option ?

I dont have a tool to use the other screws on so yeah I'll be going back and telling him what happened... 

7 minutes ago, Retrouk said:

Make sure you use a little loctite when putting back together 

I will mention that, it shouldnt of happened in the first place... I had no idea it was just a regular screw it was needing thought it was some special pin lol

Devil

Anyone suggest some kind of tool to use as a screw driver?

Rokerite

Simply buy some small precision screwdrivers, you can buy them dirt cheap.

Mr_B
4 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Simply buy some small precision screwdrivers, you can buy them dirt cheap.

Invest in some decent ones, the swiss AF ones are the ones I use, strong and sharp. You can find them on amazon

Devil
15 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Invest in some decent ones, the swiss AF ones are the ones I use, strong and sharp. You can find them on amazon

Alright, thanks! The guy I went to just hits them in with a hammer I think... not sure if it damages the threads though...

This forum is awesome, always learn something new each time im on.

John45

Can't imagine anyone hitting the screw with a hammer.  Aren't the slots clearly visible on your bracelet?

And yes, if he did in fact hit them with a hammer, the threads are damaged.

Rokerite
53 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Obviously the more you pay the better the quality, I was concerned he was going to improvise something as a screwdriver. But even el cheapo ones would be an improvement on on that bloke hammering them in:daffy:

Edited by Rokerite

GingerApple

What the fuck is going on here?

You take your watches to someone (a watchsmith I assume) to take a link out of a bracelet!!?! It's a ten second job with a screwdriver! Do you take your shoes back to the shoe shop when you need your laces tying? Actually, that's a bad analogy because tying a lace is much trickier than undoing a bracelet screw.

And just when I thought it couldn't get weirder, you say the watchsmith uses a hammer to hammer in a screw!!!!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!!?!

Mr_B
32 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Obviously the more you pay the better the quality, I was concerned he was going to improvise something as a screwdriver. But even el cheapo ones would be an improvement on on that bloke hammering them in:daffy:

Haha true, true... 

Retrouk
18 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

And just when I thought it couldn't get weirder, you say the watchsmith uses a hammer to hammer in a screw!!!!!

:lolcina: hahaha

Glaude
25 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

What the fuck is going on here?

You take your watches to someone (a watchsmith I assume) to take a link out of a bracelet!!?! It's a ten second job with a screwdriver! Do you take your shoes back to the shoe shop when you need your laces tying? Actually, that's a bad analogy because tying a lace is much trickier than undoing a bracelet screw.

Here you are, judging people again ! That's a very bad habit ! 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

Here you are, judging people again ! That's a very bad habit ! 

I'm just really confused!

Are you disabled or something OP? Out have some other sort of reason why you can't change a screw? I'm not asking that in a facetious way, I mean it. Otherwise I can't understand what's going on.

That still wouldn't explain why the watchsmith has whipped his hammer out though!!!!

Devil
30 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I'm just really confused!

Are you disabled or something OP? Out have some other sort of reason why you can't change a screw? I'm not asking that in a facetious way, I mean it. Otherwise I can't understand what's going on.

That still wouldn't explain why the watchsmith has whipped his hammer out though!!!!

LOL your posts are my favourite on this forum blubba, I'm actually just new and didn't know it was that easy, I paid £5 to get the links changed also...

I'm pretty sure he used a hammer so it all makes sense now... The screw just fell out, not sure if it'll happen again but seems fixed now

I used a knife to screw in the link...  I plan on investing in a tool now thanks to all your advice :D

McGilli
1 hour ago, GingerBlubba said:

Are you disabled or something OP?

Between questions like this - and some idiot posting a review of a plastic 3d-printed watch and comparing it to a genuine fake Rolex watch - I just don't know what is going on here anymore...

e6ukw7.jpg

OP - at least your watch didn't come back looking like the one on the right in that photo... so... it could have been worse. Get some tools man - you'll thank yourself in the future.

Devil
On 09/09/2018 at 22:12, GingerBlubba said:

I've never been more aroused. I mean happier.

Dude, buy a couple of these, job done!

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/af-swiss-stainless-steel-18978a

Also never, NEVER go back to that watchsmith.

Late reply, but what size of af screwdrivers should I order? Only using for my rolex 116610 and a few tudors with screw links.

GingerApple

I'd say .80mm and 1.00mm. maybe a 1.2mm.

Actually, ignore me, I know FA.

@GenTLe @Logixa what say you?

Devil
3 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I'd say .80mm and 1.00mm. maybe a 1.2mm.

Actually, ignore me, I know FA.

@GenTLe @Logixa what say you?

Thanks for the input even if it's irrelevant!

had a look around and saw 1.4... really not sure, the screw keeps coming lose by itself need to invest in some loctite and a decent screwdriver...