blueoysterboy

An unexpected regular in my lineup

blueoysterboy

So I bought this Casio model on a Walmart flash sale for like $30 that came over my phone one night while my defenses were down.  Once I got it I figured it would be relegated to weekend beater or box chump.  First thing I did was to change the stock silicone band for a leather Barton band which is beyond comfortable.  The date window on this model is uber dinky so I glued on a cyclops from Esslinger.  My first mod and, yes Blubba, it is slightly off.  Now I am seriously in like with this watch and it is a regular in my lineup now.  I think it has classic good looks for a diver, and the lume is reasonable (even on the seconds hand).   Also impressive is the accuracy of this watch.  I last set it on July 13 and since that time it has lost 53 seconds.  For a $30 watch that is pretty descent, at least in my book.  

IMG-0981_copy.jpg

Robert11

I bought a couple of these for my boys one year. They are nice for the money. But isn’t this a quartz? 50 something seconds in a couple of months is not that good for quartz. Should be within a couple of seconds per month.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Genius

It's more likely gained 7 seconds and you set it to the wrong minute :p

blueoysterboy

yeah, that's probably right :facepalm: