dmmoroney

Rolex Stickers = Authenticity?

dmmoroney

Hello Members,

Do ALL authentic Rolexes have stickers on the caseback?

I recently purchased a rep, but it does not have a sticker.  So if all authentics have a sticker, is there a place for me to purchase a sticker?

Thanks! 

chobbes72

im no rolex expert, but to my knowledge the sticker only means the watch is being sold brand new by an authorized dealer. you aren't supposed to wear the watch with the sticker still attached.

i know a rolex dealer and he has said that rolex actually mandates that authorized dealers remove the stickers before the customer leaves the store. they can get in a lot of trouble, even have their allocations slashed, if a watch with their serial number and a full sticker set gets sold on a gray market site.

the sticker doesn't belong on the watch whilst its being worn. it's like leaving that little brand label on the sleeve of your new suit; it's meant to be removed and if you still have it attached it kind of reveals you don't know what you're doing

but if you want to buy a sticker and slap it on, knock yourself out. it won't make it look more real though, it'll probably have the opposite effect.

RepGuy

And why are you trying to get one of these stickers?

It's usually a bad sign when people are looking for replica paperwork/boxes/stickers...

blueoysterboy

Is this a prelude to a flurry of "who has the best sub rep stickers?" posts?

paccbet

Rolex hasn’t been putting those stickers on the caseback for a LONG time.

RepGuy
3 minutes ago, paccbet said:

Rolex hasn’t been putting those stickers on the caseback for a LONG time.

This goes along with OP's post history. He asks stupid questions instead of looking anything up himself. He's done it in the past, and continues to do it, despite his claims of how much "research" he does.

dmmoroney

Thank for the info!  If they're removed before sale, then I have no need for one.  

And yes, I did search the forum, but it was much quicker to ask.  I also googled it before hand.

But thank you to those of you who aren't jerks :-)

Edit: And who would take the time to look at someones post history because they asked a question, other than someone who is on their high horse and a royal pain in the butt?

Edited by dmmoroney

RepGuy
4 minutes ago, dmmoroney said:

Thank for the info!  If they're removed before sale, then I have no need for one.  

And yes, I did search the forum, but it was much quicker to ask.  I also googled it before hand.

But thank you to those of you who aren't jerks :-)

Edit: And who would take the time to look at someones post history because they asked a question, other than someone who is on their high horse and a royal pain in the butt?

It took me about 5 seconds to remember you. It was easy, since all your posts are related to you asking questions you were too lazy to look up yourself. 

dmmoroney

So I posted something in March, and before that nothing since 2015, but you remembered me?  Yeah, OK dude.

deju

Guys my sticker fell off :( 

vt4FR.jpg

dmmoroney

From the research I Did perform, Rolex does not make  skeleton casebacks! :dingleberry-nemesis:

Glaude
3 hours ago, dmmoroney said:

From the research I Did perform, Rolex does not make  skeleton casebacks! :dingleberry-nemesis:

Question : If Rolex didn't remove the sticker why would you want to have it on your rep ? It's kind of silly keeping a sticker on the back no ?

RepGuy
4 hours ago, dmmoroney said:

So I posted something in March, and before that nothing since 2015, but you remembered me?  Yeah, OK dude.

I commented on your past post in March, so it wasn't hard to remember. It's not terribly uncommon for a person to be able to remember events from 6 months back.

RUSH2112

Yes.  No.    Maybe.  

RussP

A Rolex with a display caseback.

Now, that's hilarious.

deju
56 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Question : If Rolex didn't remove the sticker why would you want to have it on your rep ? It's kind of silly keeping a sticker on the back no ?

No question is, If he did his research into Rolexes with skeleton casebacks.

The fact that it’s discussed on TRF that James dowling owns one of 2 factory made clear case back Rolexes (non celini) . Or the fact he doesn’t know Celini Rolexes are clear case backs or the fact he cannot recognise the gen 3185 in my photo.  

I’m thinking @RepGuy is right .... :Thinking:

Luxuracer
4 hours ago, deju said:

Guys my sticker fell off :( 

vt4FR.jpg

15 minutes ago, RussP said:

A Rolex with a display caseback.

Now, that's hilarious.

I would do this for all my gen Rolex's .... so if someone ask "Are they fake?" ... I can show off the gen  Rolex movement.

But then ... not too many people can tell the difference between a gen Cal3135, SA3135, and SH3135 ... except some of us watchheads.

Or ... I should get it for all my reps which have SA/SH3135 ... so people would see the decorated engraving on them ... :thumbsup: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

deju
7 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

I would do this for all my gen Rolex's .... so if someone ask "Are they fake?" ... I can show off the gen  Rolex movement.

But then ... not too many people can tell the difference between a gen Cal3135, SA3135, and SH3135 ... except some of us watchheads.

Or ... I should get it for all my reps which have SA/SH3135 ... so people would see the decorated engraving on them ... :thumbsup: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thomas preik does them for daytona’s I’d want to see that movement all the time too 

Glaude
30 minutes ago, deju said:

No question is, If he did his research into Rolexes with skeleton casebacks.

The fact that it’s discussed on TRF that James dowling owns one of 2 factory made clear case back Rolexes (non celini) . Or the fact he doesn’t know Celini Rolexes are clear case backs or the fact he cannot recognise the gen 3185 in my photo.  

I’m thinking @RepGuy is right .... :Thinking:

Well, that's because I'm on the same page as you & RepGuy that I've asked. I'm always suspicious of people wanting every little detail to be perfect as of the gen, especially people not known on forums. Seeing how things goes in the gulag at RWI (the thread of the guy who sold a fake Hublot or AP as a gen for $13500 is revealing !)

Thanks for the info about the clear caseback by the way ! :thumbsup2:

RussP

There's an EBay seller who makes and sells display casebacks for Rolex's.

From memory he sells them @$60 each.

deju
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

Well, that's because I'm on the same page as you & RepGuy that I've asked. I'm always suspicious of people wanting every little detail to be perfect as of the gen, especially people not known on forums. Seeing how things goes in the gulag at RWI (the thread of the guy who sold a fake Hublot or AP as a gen for $13500 is revealing !)

Thanks for the info about the clear caseback by the way ! :thumbsup2:

Will need to check the rwi brig! 

I wish I could find the photos of the watch on TRF. Very rare, of the two made James dowling has one, Rolex the other. 

Thomas Preik makes amazing clear sapphire casebacks for Rolex and omega! Oem quality and fully waterproof too, worth keeping note of! 

Glaude
55 minutes ago, deju said:

Will need to check the rwi brig! 

I wish I could find the photos of the watch on TRF. Very rare, of the two made James dowling has one, Rolex the other. 

Thomas Preik makes amazing clear sapphire casebacks for Rolex and omega! Oem quality and fully waterproof too, worth keeping note of! 

It's this thread : https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-brig/7051762-welcome-to-the-brig-eznotcz
They discovered previous scam after puting him in the brig !

And for the thread on the clear casebacks : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=154091 this one ? 

deju
8 hours ago, Glaude said:

It's this thread : https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-brig/7051762-welcome-to-the-brig-eznotcz
They discovered previous scam after puting him in the brig !

And for the thread on the clear casebacks : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=154091 this one ? 

Yowser that’s a serial scammer right there! I’m in shock, unfortunately I don’t think he will be bothered about personal details being online 

dmmoroney
18 hours ago, Glaude said:

If stickers were on them then I would want one of course, but since they're removed I don't want /need one.

Glaude
1 hour ago, dmmoroney said:

If stickers were on them then I would want one of course, but since they're removed I don't want /need one.

That doesn't answer my question at all, why could you want one ?