hanski

6263 Easy Crown Swap?

hanski

I’m working on a 6263 Cartel - the crown is just about shot. It will only engage to wind/set if it’s pulled out while winding. I’d like to simply swap in a new crown. Does anyone know what aftermarket crown is an easy swap (prefer not to redo tube or retap case)? 
Thanks!

J!m

I MIGHT still have my original one around. I put a gen 700 crown in mine and since I’m waiting on a movement I haven’t assembled it yet. The old crown may still be in the project box...

hanski
1 hour ago, J!m said:

I MIGHT still have my original one around. I put a gen 700 crown in mine and since I’m waiting on a movement I haven’t assembled it yet. The old crown may still be in the project box...

That would be GREAT! Let me know! 

@FoxWilde we might have a crown. 

FoxWilde

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

hanski
21 hours ago, J!m said:

@J!m any luck with finding the old crown? 

J!m

I have not been back to the bench yet. Note there is no update to my Sea Dweller project either...

J!m

I had a chance to look and the old original crown is not in the job box. The 700 isn’t either... must have used that elsewhere. Tube is installed in the case. 

Anyway, if you have calipers and can mic up the old crown(inside, outside etc. I’ll see if I can match it up. 

May Sea Dweller is on my wrist but the pos rep crystal leaks like a sieve. I’m going to have to pull it apart again and glue the crystal.