Whoop

Mr

Glaude
7 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Now I have reps from the 3 brands above and developed an interest in RM and even Hublot. I initially didn't "get" the aesthetics/design philosophy of Panerai, RM and Hublot. But somehow they have slowly grew on me and I have come to appreciate some of them.

Much better like that ... :lol: 

14 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

I'm struggling to work out if you fuckers are RM haters or GB haters.

GB all the way

semperfi55
22 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Much better like that ... :lol: 

Thanks. Probably needed that with my crappy eyesight :rofl:

McGilli
41 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

I started out with a disdain for Panerai, Franck Muller and an aversion to Rolex reps. Then all that  got chipped away....

Same man....

Never, ever, ever wanted a Rolex - now I have 5. Had never heard of Panerai and have one...

But - I think more importantly for me - I never, ever, ever would have thought I'd ever own a watch without a round face.  I just could never get over rectangular watch faces... Then I won that contest last year for the FM from Mary and things changed.

Then in the end - because of this site - I bought my grail genuine funny enough. Haven't worn a replica in 2 months now.

RussP

He is a con.

McGilli
3 hours ago, Glaude said:

With your imagination, I would love for you to be rich and create some sick monstruosity ! ... :D 

Here's how it would go.

I'd find a designer/creator. Pay the, $1,000,000 retainer.

I'd then sit down with them, and I would start to list the features I want.

I would say that by the 2nd 'feature' I wanted built into the watch, they would be calling the authorities on me. Something about because I pulled my pants down to show them how I wanted the watch to fit just right....

Trust me - me and millions of dollars would end badly...

Glaude
17 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Here's how it would go.

I'd find a designer/creator. Pay the, $1,000,000 retainer.

I'd then sit down with them, and I would start to list the features I want.

I would say that by the 2nd 'feature' I wanted built into the watch, they would be calling the authorities on me. Something about because I pulled my pants down to show them how I wanted the watch to fit just right....

Trust me - me and millions of dollars would end badly...

Makes me think about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=BKorP55Aqvg

McGilli
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

Makes me think about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=BKorP55Aqvg

Even better.... That's exactly how I would explain my watch I wanted created to them.... I have to watch that again and take notes....

BenjaminButton

Apart from Mr Stubbs, rightly described as insightful by Greg, post. The rest of the ramblings are clearly the side affects of smoking ‘spice’ and drinking meths. Utter cock twaddle. I absolutely include myself regarding my early posts and perhaps even this one.

Smiley face and happy fucking Thursday.

black263
19 hours ago, Mr Stubbs said:

My first exposure to RM watches was the Jason Statham film Parker.   In the film he is posing as an obscenely wealthy Texas 'oil man'.    And yes, I just used the words exposure,  posing, obscenely and oil in the same sentence.   

No you didn't.  They're in different sentences.

soundefx
15 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

Time

I started out with a disdain for Panerai, Franck Muller and an aversion to Rolex reps. Then all that  got chipped away....

Now I have reps from the 3 brands above and developed an interest in RM and even Hublot. I initially didn't "get" the aesthetics/design philosophy of Panerai, RM and Hublot. But somehow they have slowly grew on me and I have come to appreciate some of them.

The beauty of reps: watches become cheap enough to try around!

I quickly liked Panerai when I first learned about them a decade ago mostly because of the people who wore them and how understated they are versus Rolex.  RM and Hublot on the other hand, I just can't get behind those.

Mr Stubbs
1 hour ago, black263 said:

No you didn't.  They're in different sentences.

That's a big relief.  I see the period in there.  Thanks Black.  I'd hate to have my choice of words construed as suggestive in any way, and that one dot makes it totally not gay at all  separate sentences. :lmao:

black263
8 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

That's a big relief.  I see the period in there.  Thanks Black.  I'd hate to have my choice of words construed as suggestive in any way, and that one dot makes it totally not gay at all  separate sentences. :lmao:

I didn't find your words suggestive in the least.  Explicit, yes,  but clearly beyond suggestion.:maggiesuck: