Whoop

Mr

Whoop

Hi there any good richard Mille reps out there ?  Thanks 

GenTLe

Yes

Mr Stubbs

Look in all the TD's listings. There are lots. Good RM reps start around $400 and go up from there.

IMG_3763.jpg

Glaude

Yes there is :

aTWyocM.jpg

BenjaminButton
Yes there is :
aTWyocM.jpg

The watch equivalent of cross dressing. A big girls blouse of a timepiece.

Glaude
36 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

The watch equivalent of cross dressing. A big girls blouse of a timepiece.

Spot on ! :onzesgirl:

BenjaminButton
Spot on ! :onzesgirl:

vivre le différence

ad442358ff043ffefab6c069ecc62d1e.png

soundefx

I wish I understood this watch.  It seems to be singularly focused on saying you've got f*** you money and nothing else.  It looks like bad taste to me.

Sorry if this comes across as blasphemy.  What am I missing?

Mr Stubbs
20 hours ago, soundefx said:

I wish I understood this watch.  It seems to be singularly focused on saying you've got f*** you money and nothing else.  It looks like bad taste to me.

I am absolutely a fan of RM watches and I absolutely agree with everything you've said.  :thumbsup:

My first exposure to RM watches was the Jason Statham film Parker.   In the film he is posing as an obscenely wealthy Texas 'oil man'.    And yes, I just used the words exposure,  posing, obscenely and oil in the same sentence.   :lol:

I saw the watch his character was wearing and did a 'What the fuck is that?"  When I understood that the watch represented obscene wealth and general lack of taste... it's a technically interesting mega-dollar FASHION WATCH... I wanted one. I wanted more than one.

It's a fashion statement for "fuck-you-I'm-so-rich" uber- rich people.

And I wear one to work for my crappy office job.  Or my Hublots. or my Rolexes, or my Panerais, or my Omegas...   Come on folks, THIS IS WHY REPS ARE AWESOME! :D

greg_r
13 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

I am absolutely a fan of RM watches and I absolutely agree with everything you've said.  :thumbsup:

My first exposure to RM watches was the Jason Statham film Parker.   In the film he is posing as an obscenely wealthy Taxas 'oil man'.    And yes, I just used the words exposure,  posing, obscenely and oil in the same sentence.   :lol:

I saw the watch his character was wearing and did a 'What the fuck is that?"  When I understood that the watch represented obscene wealth and general lack of taste... it's a technically interesting mega-dollar FASHION WATCH... I wanted one. I wanted more than one.

And I wear one to work for my crappy office job.  Or my Hublots. or my Rolexes, or my Panerais, or my Omegas...   Come on folks, THIS IS WHY REPS ARE AWESOME! :D

this may be the most insightful post on the whole damned board :rofl:

Glaude
1 hour ago, soundefx said:

No blasphemy, RM watches are not the most liked watches, that's a mater of taste really. I have no problem with people not liking what I like ;) 

59 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

My first exposure to RM watches was the Jason Statham film Parker.   In the film he is posing as an obscenely wealthy Taxas 'oil man'.    And yes, I just used the words exposure,  posing, obscenely and oil in the same sentence.   :lol:

Pretty much sum up the whole RM game, but there's more to it for me : I like the tonneau shape, I like the forged carbon, I like the skeletonised dial and I like the strap.
The fact that there's Richard Mille written on pretty much every free space on the watch is what makes this watch says : I've got fucking money.
Fortunately I don't hang out with people that know anything about watches or if they do, certainly not Richard Mille, so for them it's : fuck that's an ugly watch or Wow that's an amazing watch !

45 minutes ago, greg_r said:

this may be the most insightful post on the whole damned board :rofl:

+1

GingerApple

I love my RM. Still gets more comments than any of my other watches.

Glaude
5 minutes ago, GingerBlubba said:

Yeah but you're a fuckweasel

soundefx

I guess it's the antithesis of traditional watchmaking and design.  And when you own a dozen homes, two planes and 30 cars, f*** tradition, am I right?!

McGilli
23 minutes ago, soundefx said:

f*** tradition, am I right?!

I've heard when you have that much money you can F anything you want. Within reason. I'm talking about caviar filled vaginas and silicone vaginas with shards of real blood diamonds lining the inside etc...

soundefx
1 hour ago, McGilli said:

I've heard when you have that much money you can F anything you want. Within reason. I'm talking about caviar filled vaginas and silicone vaginas with shards of real blood diamonds lining the inside etc...

Hey, if that's what you're into.  You probably spent the first 20 years of your life being emotionally neglected by absent parents and spent the last 20 years emotionally neglecting your spouse and children.  If that's how you want to spend the next phase in life, I say you earned it.

McGilli
27 minutes ago, soundefx said:

Hey, if that's what you're into.  You probably spent the first 20 years of your life being emotionally neglected by absent parents and spent the last 20 years emotionally neglecting your spouse and children.  If that's how you want to spend the next phase in life, I say you earned it.

Haha! If I was super rich, there are no words for the watch I'd have created.... Thankfully for everyone, I'm poor so the Earth is safe.

RussP
3 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

What sort of comments though?

Glaude
37 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Haha! If I was super rich, there are no words for the watch I'd have created.... Thankfully for everyone, I'm poor so the Earth is safe.

With your imagination, I would love for you to be rich and create some sick monstruosity ! ... :D 

10 minutes ago, RussP said:

What sort of comments though?

Asking the real question !

fatarms
36 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Asking the real question !

Like "Were you born a man?"

GingerApple

I'm struggling to work out if you fuckers are RM haters or GB haters.

Either way, :finger:

RussP
Just now, GingerBlubba said:

I'm struggling to work out if you fuckers are RM haters or GB haters.

Either way, :finger:

Now, that's the $64M question.

semperfi55
5 hours ago, soundefx said:

What am I missing?

Time

I started out with a disdain for Panerai, Franck Muller and an aversion to Rolex reps. Then all that  got chipped away....

Now I have reps from the 3 brands above and developed an interest in RM and even Hublot. I initially didn't "get" the aesthetics/design philosophy of Panerai, RM and Hublot. But somehow they have slowly grew on me and I have come to appreciate some of them.

The beauty of reps: watches become cheap enough to try around!

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, RussP said:

Now, that's the $64M question.

Why aren't we picking on the OP. I only clicked on this thread because I thought it was about Marvelous Replica - MR. He conned me! Unless he's dyslexic, I want him to change the thread title to RM.