Jetpac

Buying genuine Tissot parts?

Jetpac

I have a quartz Tissot PR50 titanium with a white/silver sunburst dial that is about 15 years old now.

To my dismay when i was wearing it i looked down and the dial had spun.. I can only assume the feet on the back of the dial have snapped.

Is there any way to source a new dial (other than looking for a second-hand watch to cannibalise?) the watch has sentimental value.

Tissot customer services are saying a minimum of £175 which is the same cost as the watch really so i dont really want to go this route... Any other options?

gmchris

I'm no expert but I have used double sided tape in the past as a 'temporary' fix 

Logixa

- ebay
- full watch for parts
- forums

those are your options

Luxuracer

Is there any damage to the dial front face?

Since it is a quartz, it's not difficult to line up and re-secure the dial. If there isn't any visible damage to the dial, any watch repair shop can fit that for you.

Post some pictures would help.

Jetpac
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Is there any damage to the dial front face?

Since it is a quartz, it's not difficult to line up and re-secure the dial. If there isn't any visible damage to the dial, any watch repair shop can fit that for you.

Post some pictures would help.

Nope no damage to the front, it is just assumed that the feet have snapped behind the dial. 

I was told that if the feet had gone then it would be kaput and need a replacement? (i mean i like tge way watches look, i dont know about the insides too much!) 

Luxuracer
51 minutes ago, Jetpac said:

Nope no damage to the front, it is just assumed that the feet have snapped behind the dial. 

I was told that if the feet had gone then it would be kaput and need a replacement? (i mean i like tge way watches look, i dont know about the insides too much!) 

If the feet are broken off the dial, they can be reattached. Many modders have modified dial feet to fit different movements.

You can even purchase new dial feet. Or you can secure the dial to the movement using 3M double sided tape. 

Jetpac
2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

If the feet are broken off the dial, they can be reattached. Many modders have modified dial feet to fit different movements.

You can even purchase new dial feet. Or you can secure the dial to the movement using 3M double sided tape. 

Thank you so much for that, super useful info! 

I just need to find a watchmaker somewhere in the uk that will do it!