hanski

Cartel 6263 Dial Swap

hanski

Just wrapped up a handsome dial and hand swap for another member here for his Cartel 6263. When it arrived I was impressed at the watch - having not handled a Daytona before. Swapping out the dial, I can only say it’s improved the watch quite a bit. It’s tempting to go get one for myself now... 

Build: 

- Cartel 6263

- Yuki Dial

- Alpha subdial hands

Project involved realigning the 6 o’clock subdial (expanding the opening on the secondary dial plate, countersinking the main plate to accept the new location the the subdial wheel, and epoxying into place), painting the Alpha hands a flat epoxy white, and getting it all out back together

Take a look at the results  Thanks for looking! 

1O9MZ.jpg

1OPAR.jpg

1Oflg.jpg

1ONba.jpg

1Oiqy.jpg

1OTMG.jpg

GC

Stunning results, amazing that the yuki dial fit (which speaks to your skills)... bravo !

FoxWilde

Another amazing job by the legend!
Fox

Bigballs8

How much did this cost you too build?

Moondustesp

Beautiful watch

repmaster1234
18 hours ago, mzinski said:

Just wrapped up a handsome dial and hand swap for another member here

For me? Aww, you shouldn’t have. I guess I’ll take it if I have to! 

For real, great job. If it’s not too complex, could you elaborate more on the subdial mod? I’ve heard about this before but could never really conceptualize the processs. 

hanski
23 hours ago, Bigballs8 said:

How much did this cost you too build?

Sorry, I don’t actually know the costs. I was sent the parts and worked on it. 

Bigballs8

Oh ok could you do a project for me ? And were are you based?

hanski
On 20/09/2018 at 14:22, repmaster1234 said:

For me? Aww, you shouldn’t have. I guess I’ll take it if I have to! 

For real, great job. If it’s not too complex, could you elaborate more on the subdial mod? I’ve heard about this before but could never really conceptualize the processs. 

When you remove the dial you’ll discover a movement cover plate. It looks like a secondary dial or a plate for subdials since it has the subdials printed on it in red. Ix8HU.jpg

This plate is held in by three screws. Remove it. 

IxfyD.jpg

Next, and sorry I don’t have pics as I didn’t document the process as I did it, remove the 6 o’clock subdial wheel. It will either be friction held in place or with a couple dots of glue. 

Reconnect the plate and put on the new dial. Center the remaining subdials and main pinions - mark the center of the 6 o’clock subdial. This will show you where you need to cut thru the plate. 

Remove the plate again, cut the area needed to adjust subdial wheel. 
IxP8h.jpg

Reattach plate again, align dials, mark center. This time you’re marking thru the plate to the movement main plate. This mark will indicate where you need to countersink to allow room for the subdial wheel to lay flat (it’s a 3 dimensional wheel that needs clearance on the back side). Countersink, apply a few small drops of epoxy to both sides of the wheel, reconnect secondary plate, center dial based on other subdials and main pinions, adjust 6 o’clock subdial wheel as needed (act quickly as the timer is ticking on the epoxy - I used epoxy 330), let glue set overnight, attach dial, attach hands, enjoy watch. 

Again, sorry I don’t have more visuals and I wish I knew the name of that secondary plate that looks like a dial (sort of). 

Hope that helps.