H3X4GON

Panerai 111 Swiss Movement

BenjaminButton
Guys I was asking for useful information. Unfortunately I didn’t get any.

You cheeky little thing. The exit is well signed grab yer coat and don’t forget to fill out the customer feedback form on the way out. It’s located in the RWG communal changing room under the large bar of soap on the shower room floor. Don’t talk to big bubba in there as last time he found a new friend he asked the guy if he wanted to play mummies and daddies and which he wanted to be. The poor guy thinking he would make the best of a bad situation chose ‘daddy’.... big bubba replied ..... ‘well can daddy please come over here and suck mummies cock’. You’ve been warned and I hope that’s useful information

Glaude
23 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

Guys I was asking for useful information. Unfortunately I didn’t get any.

I can present you the chicken very soon with that sort of response.

Did my answer, deju or GenTLe answer wasn't useful ?

BB just anticipated that you wouldn't listen and you are proving he was right...

Svenborg

Glaude maybe I should have been specific. I was referring to the last two posts who responded to my second question. Not to the thread. I responded to your earlier comments. If I remember correctly, I thanked you for them.

Relating to my response on the feedback to my latter question, I generally just expect a straight answer for a simple question. I didn’t get that in the two posts. All open to some messing around, but when someone asks a question, I assume that expecting a straight and informed answer is not too much to ask.  

Glaude
7 minutes ago, Svenborg said:

Glaude maybe I should have been specific. I was referring to the last two posts who responded to my second question. Not to the thread. I responded to your earlier comments. If I remember correctly, I thanked you for them.

Relating to my response on the feedback to my latter question, I generally just expect a straight answer for a simple question. I didn’t get that in the two posts. All open to some messing around, but when someone asks a question, I assume that expecting a straight and informed answer is not too much to ask.  

Fair enough but deju was also informative in another way !

But you can't expect a thread without banter on RWG, it's impossible !

deju
31 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Fair enough but deju was also informative in another way !

But you can't expect a thread without banter on RWG, it's impossible !

I think his comprehension of what I said was 0.

Let him think there is a bench mark price for quality and AAA++ 

BenjaminButton

Oh my goodness .... grow some fecking forum balls.

Glaude
10 minutes ago, deju said:

I think his comprehension of what I said was 0.

He's remembering me the duddly guy that got in a fight with Piloten :shitfan:

DrD
On 23/09/2018 at 09:40, Tits McGee said:

I don't consider ANY rep offering claiming to be genuine Swiss to actually be Swiss. It's well known in the Rep world that the best you may receive are reclaimed Swiss parts along with a few extra pubes. I never understood how someone could spend so much $ on a fake watch. 

Unfortunate that some so willingly part with their money so easily.....especially sending so much to strangers in China....then expect to receive high quality items in return for their cash. $500 for a 111 is ridiculous. EVERY member here would agree that's an exorbitant price to pay for such a well known rep. But you didn't ask anyone did you?  :facepalm:

Common Sense!

Serious question, I've been on here intermittently since the days of "Blade"  Seems that watches have gone up in price quite a bit. What is a reasonable amount for a higher end watch these days? I do see these close to 500$ and it seems nutty.  What about reps in the 250-300 range?? That seems to be pretty common for the higher quality watches,  Are there any quality watches in the economy category or are these just junk in the 100-125$ range?

Tits McGee
10 hours ago, DrD said:

Serious question, I've been on here intermittently since the days of "Blade"  Seems that watches have gone up in price quite a bit. What is a reasonable amount for a higher end watch these days? I do see these close to 500$ and it seems nutty.  What about reps in the 250-300 range?? That seems to be pretty common for the higher quality watches,  Are there any quality watches in the economy category or are these just junk in the 100-125$ range?

"Reasonable" is subjective. I have no idea what your comfort level is. Mine is around $300. I don't buy reps costing over $300. That's just me. My tastes have changed since I first came here. 7 years ago I might have spent more. I'm not working anymore so I don't wear a watch daily anymore. 

In the $100-$125 range.....you get a $100 dollar watch. In that price range I'd buy a quartz Seiko. Even at $300, I expect a watch from China that may or may not have a problem.

If you're looking for high quality in the rep game you're setting yourself up for a big letdown...(at some point). Lower expectations and a "hobby" mindset will serve you well. 

DrD
9 hours ago, Tits McGee said:

"Reasonable" is subjective. I have no idea what your comfort level is. Mine is around $300. I don't buy reps costing over $300. That's just me. My tastes have changed since I first came here. 7 years ago I might have spent more. I'm not working anymore so I don't wear a watch daily anymore. 

In the $100-$125 range.....you get a $100 dollar watch. In that price range I'd buy a quartz Seiko. Even at $300, I expect a watch from China that may or may not have a problem.

If you're looking for high quality in the rep game you're setting yourself up for a big letdown...(at some point). Lower expectations and a "hobby" mindset will serve you well. 

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.  Its good to be back on the forum after a couple of years