RussP

Tudor BB 58 reissue in 39mm.

RussP

I've looked through all the TD's listings, but couldn't locate any reference to this particular model.

Does any forum member know whether this model has been repped yet?

Here's the manufacturer's link: https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/new-black-bay-fifty-eight/m79030n-0001

Thanks in advance.

fatarms

I hope I'm wrong for your case, but I think the only ones repped are the ones with the red lettering below the hand pinions.  I guess you'll have to send a few emails to be sure.  Good luck!

RussP

I'm in no particular hurry as I only read about it today.

I've always loved the BB look, but at 41mm they've always been a tad large for my tastes.

39mm might just be ok, but I'll have to view one in person (perhaps visit The Hour Glass in Brisbane) before deciding.

GC
7 minutes ago, RussP said:

I'm in no particular hurry as I only read about it today.

I've always loved the BB look, but at 41mm they've always been a tad large for my tastes.

39mm might just be ok, but I'll have to view one in person (perhaps visit The Hour Glass in Brisbane) before deciding.

Try it on first... I find the Tudor too thick, you might as well 

CurioLeo

You could pop into Hourglass or Langford’s but you won’t find one and I am quoting the owner of Hourglass when I say that. Not making that up to annoy you but the wait list is several months at least. I will post a comparison photo of the BB58 and the BB 41 (eta version). Definitely noticeably smaller on the wrist. Seeing as the gen is super rare in the wild, don’t see how it could be repped accurately yet.

RussP
2 hours ago, GC said:

I had the BB blue that I acquired and quickly divested myself of, purely because I found it too bulky.

See this pic : 14817863467_7586e743b6_b.jpg

RussP
2 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

You could pop into Hourglass or Langford’s but you won’t find one and I am quoting the owner of Hourglass when I say that. Not making that up to annoy you but the wait list is several months at least. I will post a comparison photo of the BB58 and the BB 41 (eta version). Definitely noticeably smaller on the wrist. Seeing as the gen is super rare in the wild, don’t see how it could be repped accurately yet.

You've raised a very valid point about the scarcity of the model.

From your signature block, I see that you have a very desirable selection of watches.

Thanks for your input.

PS: Have you considered posting some pictures of the vast array of Seikos in your collection?

PPS: Lots of closet Seiko fans on this forum.

CurioLeo

See what I can do :D

GingerApple
4 hours ago, RussP said:

PPS: Lots of closet Seiko fans on this forum.

Lots of other types of closet dwellers too......

FL13
10 hours ago, GC said:

The BB 58 is only 11 or 12mm thick. As opposed to the bb 41mm which is akin to an Invicta in thickness.

Edited by FL13

Xpletiv
11 hours ago, GingerBlubba said:

Lots of other types of closet dwellers too......

Actually, I think you let everyone know.

:houndoggie:

CurioLeo

Some wrist shots of the BB58

JpzAR.md.jpg Jpylg.md.jpg JpJba.md.jpg

Basically Rolex Explorer 1 territory in the way it wears ie perfect for most wrists

btw, I have a 195cm or 7.7" wrist

BenjaminButton
Some wrist shots of the BB58

JpJba.md.jpg

Basically Rolex Explorer 1 territory in the way it wears ie perfect for most wrists

btw, I have a 195cm or 7.7" wrist

I like that a lot.

CurioLeo
On 21/09/2018 at 05:06, Wires said:

Its amazing how many people inherit watches they know nothing about

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332805876438?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Thank you, it is very close to a vintage sub and well worth getting in gen IMHO. What a fool watch made by Rolex used to be, now that the Sub and GMT have gone off to play in the Yachtmaster space .

Not sure where that quote came from ???

ffuhcu

ZF bought one to rep

CurioLeo

Not that hard to rep, think black bay black in 39mm. But the problem will be the thickness, it is under 12mm so can't use the typical A2824 - needs to be a A2892 or something like that

Edited by CurioLeo
Typos

ffuhcu
14 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Not that hard to rep, think black bay black in 39mm. But the problem will be the thickness, it is under 12mm so can't use the typical A2824 - needs to be a A2892 or something like that

I'd guess Miyota 9015 then, that seems to be the way things are headed these days.

FL13
1 hour ago, ffuhcu said:

I'd guess Miyota 9015 then, that seems to be the way things are headed these days.

Not a bad choice. My AP15450 M9015 was keeping +3s/day over the week I wore it straight.

CurioLeo

Miyota 9015 is a great workhorse as well as accurate (I also have it in an AP)  but it is a direct swap for the 2824 in dimensions. Unless the case isn't going to be accurate, my guess would be a A2892. Having said that, the factories are getting so good now, pretty sure they will make it work with whatever they feel is the most economical and marketable movement :D

ffuhcu
3 hours ago, CurioLeo said:

Miyota 9015 is a great workhorse as well as accurate (I also have it in an AP)  but it is a direct swap for the 2824 in dimensions. Unless the case isn't going to be accurate, my guess would be a A2892. Having said that, the factories are getting so good now, pretty sure they will make it work with whatever they feel is the most economical and marketable movement :D

I was just going by the previous poster saying the watch being 12mm ruled the 2824 out, there are Miyota 9015s in the latest 8.5mm Patek reps. I might be missing some subtlety. 

CurioLeo

I see, didn't realise that.  Not that it matters that much to me either way :D